"Milf will be like Locky" - Bennett

I guess it's ok when you do it, but not when I do...
There is a difference between having a different opinion and being dismissive of other's ideas.

Do you know how much NYC, or ISC/NSW Cup Milford has played? Why was he able to make it in first grade and Taylor couldn't?

What has he shown at 5/8 that Hodges, Kahu or Boyd haven't? I'm not trying to make out that Hodges, Kahu or Boy are great 5/8's, just that Milford isn't one either, and even if he does get better, he is a much better fullback than anyone else we have, and Taylor is already a much better, completer half, than Milford might ever become.

in the NYC, proven no where else

Milford has't proven he is a quality 5/8 either ... he has proven he is a quality fullback though

Milford has proven himself to be a good half just as much as Taylor has! In the NYC and that is it..

in the NYC, proven no where else
So what? How is he going to prove anything if he's not given a chance?
Milford never played ISC or NSW cup, and affirmed himself in FG pretty quick. Some players have it, others don't... but they need a chance to prove it.

What has he shown at 5/8 that Hodges, Kahu or Boyd haven't?

he is a much better fullback than anyone else we have

Taylor is already a much better, completer half, than Milford might ever become.
A short kicking game that's actually pretty good?

In your opinion - I don't think he's our best fullback for the balance of the team, I think either Kahu or Boyd are better choices there, Milford is pretty suspect in defence and under the high ball, granted he's a much better runner of the ball, and he can do the playmaking part of things from the 6 Jersey anyway.

If Taylor is such a great half, to the point that he's actually "much better complete half" he'd already be in first grade. He would've had clubs itching for his signature, considering Cronulla were willing to pay under a million for Barba as a half.

Taylor might be awesome, but so are plenty of half prospects who never make the next step, until he actually performs in first grade I think it's a bit over the top to suggest he's already much better. Maybe he could potentially be much better, but it's certainly not that cut and dry.

So what? How is he going to prove anything if he's not given a chance?
Milford never played ISC or NSW cup, and affirmed himself in FG pretty quick. Some players have it, others don't... but they need a chance to prove it.

He will get his chance. Some players handle being thrown into the deep end, others it destroys them... What is the rush?

Milford has proven himself to be a good half just as much as Taylor has! In the NYC and that is it..
No he didn't. He proved how good a ball runner he was in the youth grades, never how good a half he was. Besides great running, his game was never, ever based on anything else a great halve is about.

People always rave about youngsters who are quick, agile, have a great step, etc... but underestimate the control, vision and organisation that are so important in a halve, and that is what Taylor has and Milford doesn't.

No he didn't. He proved how good a ball runner he was in the youth grades, never how good a half he was. Besides great running, his game was never, ever based on anything else a great halve is about.

People always rave about youngsters who are quick, agile, have a great step, etc... but underestimate the control, vision and organisation that are so important in a halve, and that is what Taylor has and Milford doesn't.

So what you're trying to say is Milford playing well as his style of half in the NYC is different to Taylor playing well in the NYC because it suits your what?

He will get his chance. Some players handle being thrown into the deep end, others it destroys them... What is the rush?

For me it's about Milford too. I definitely want Taylor in our team, but Milford is still a bigger talent. Milford is a key part of our future.

If somehow Taylor were to play the house down and get a gig mid way through next year or something, I think it could be extremely damaging to Milford's development. Pete is right in that he wasn't a complete fullback yet, but nor is he close to being a complete five eight either. But if we entrust him to be our six for the long term but he gets shifted after a year, that'll be damaging to his confidence and may affect how much of his potential he realises.

I don't think Milford benefits from any sort of shifting around, which is why I'm in favour of him at fullback and Taylor in the team. Even from a team Point of view, were Taylor to fail, we have Jayden who can play five eight.

I don't want Taylor's potential success to be at the expense of Milford. If under some hypothetical where Taylor does play and Milford get's moved, I question how much that helps Milford, and thus us.

Last edited:
I guess it's ok when you do it, but not when I do...
There is a difference between having a different opinion and being dismissive of other's ideas.

Did you realise this after you wrote my view off as a fallacy or?

Do you know how much NYC, or ISC/NSW Cup Milford has played? Why was he able to make it in first grade and Taylor couldn't?

1363036255673.jpg

I think we can all agree that a picture is worth a 1000 words.

What has he shown at 5/8 that Hodges, Kahu or Boyd haven't?

I see how it is. Usually the burden of proof lies with the group making the case but you've yet to really offer up anything to suggest they're better, just that Milford isn't suited.

There's nothing to really discuss, between the three of them, they've only managed one game for a loss. Milford is basically better by default as a result of at least contributing some positive plays in his team at the Raiders and at the Broncos.

I get the feeling neither of them will get much of an opportunity to make a case either.

Taylor is already a much better, completer half, than Milford might ever become.

That would be absolutely amazing if true.

I wonder where Milford would rather play, without any influence or pressure from the club, the coach, Lockyer and the media, his fans - I wonder what Milf's real instinct is, where he feels he plays his best and wants to play?

That's where he should play

I wonder where Milford would rather play, without any influence or pressure from the club, the coach, Lockyer and the media, his fans - I wonder what Milf's real instinct is, where he feels he plays his best and wants to play?

My cousins uncle spoke to him earlier and he wants to play prop but he also heard Vidot will be playing there next week and like Barba, Milford just doesn't want to play on the bench for the Broncos. Look for him to return to Canberra to take Shillingtons spot next year #sources

Have we just reversed the thoughts of last season when we had Hoffman and Barba at 6 (and Milford really hasn't done much more than either of them).

Last season when we had Hoffman our Barba in the halves, many people were demanding our young halves be selected regardless of whether they were ready or not.

This year it seems the other way around.

To answer your question Pete, i havent seen taylor play and the fact you even ask me shows you are missing my point

I honestly believe, we could put ANYONE in the broncos team at 6, and get the same results we are getting now. Milford is MIA.

We are winning without a 6. Kahu could play there, do the same shit milford is (a few good grubbers in 7 rounds of NRL and 1 good pass to Glenn) and we would be getting the wins. Milford has not been contributing anymore than hodges, kahu, copley, niko, taylor, blair, kev walters, gordon tallis or even you could be! (exagerrating obviously....but you get my drift) I dont name Taylor in the 6 because i have seen his game and think he is better, (although others on here have), i name him in the 6 along with hodges etc to get my point across. ANYONE could play 6 for the broncos right now and you couldnt tell the difference. Milford at 1 however, would make a big difference.

Its clear we arent going to agree right now, but come back and talk to me in round 26 when milford is still MIA.

A short kicking game that's actually pretty good?

In your opinion - I don't think he's our best fullback for the balance of the team, I think either Kahu or Boyd are better choices there, Milford is pretty suspect in defence and under the high ball, granted he's a much better runner of the ball, and he can do the playmaking part of things from the 6 Jersey anyway.

If Taylor is such a great half, to the point that he's actually "much better complete half" he'd already be in first grade. He would've had clubs itching for his signature, considering Cronulla were willing to pay under a million for Barba as a half.

Taylor might be awesome, but so are plenty of half prospects who never make the next step, until he actually performs in first grade I think it's a bit over the top to suggest he's already much better. Maybe he could potentially be much better, but it's certainly not that cut and dry.
And a passing game that is pretty crap...? Organisation skills that are close to non-existent?

Taylor is a 19 year old with a contract to the Broncos until 2016, an hopefully people know who they have, and won't let him slip through their fingers.
All those other prospects had lots of fancy in them, but what Taylor has, besides the talent the others had too, is his grounded, organised, control of everything around him, something I haven't seen in anyone else, at least not since Lockyer's younger years.
He definitely needs to get better in defense (although that is getting much better already), and his injury last year was a setback, but I have no doubt he is the real thing.

Very few people here saw anything in Kahu before this season... and he was never a "wow" fancy player in the way a Shaun Johnson or a Milford is, but I believed in him for what he brought as a complete package, but the excuses were all the same:
What has he done in FG? He was good at youth level, but it doesn't mean he can cut it in FG, etc...

He still hasn't shown all he is capable of, and I hope that injuries will stop cruelling him, because that is the only thing between him and a long career in the NRL's top flight.

Likewise, I rate Taylor highly, and I don't need to wait for him to play FG to think that.

My cousins uncle spoke to him earlier and he wants to play prop but he also heard Vidot will be playing there next week and like Barba, Milford just doesn't want to play on the bench for the Broncos. Look for him to return to Canberra to take Shillingtons spot next year #sources

I didn't know Shillington had moved to FB.

Not really. I say this will all respect, because I love Milford, but **** him.

The team comes first
The individual comes second.

The Broncos will always be better than any individual, and players should only ever do what's best for the team overall.

It's the same reason I was all to happy to see the back of Hoffman. That's not to compare Milford to him, I think Milford's a great kid with an excellent attitude, and I'm sure he'll be happy to play where ever suits the team best.

we have basically thrown Milford into an unknown position to see him only fail, why couldn't we at least give that shot to a rookie?

1293448004436.jpg

>Unknown position (Played all of his junior football in the halves)
>Give that shot to a rookie (Is 20 years old and has <50 games in the NRL)

Active Now

• Aldo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • jd87
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Fozz
  • Battler
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Dash
  • Bronco bob
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Rah88
  • Manofoneway
  • Reds2011
  • whykickamoocow
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Jason Simmons
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.