Kelly: 3
Dearden: 2 (1 from bench; 1 at cowboys)

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
*awaiting trial.

if our whole legal system is based on innocent until proven guilty then why are people remanded in custody sometimes? Mic drop.
Lots of carts being put before horses here on the basis of an article in the paper.

Unless the journo has seen the CCTV footage (and I don't know if that has occurred or not), the report is in all likelihood based on what they have been told about it.

Even if they have seen it, it is only his/her interpretation of what it showed.

If it is as clear cut as alleged, I wonder why it has taken this long to get to this stage. My understanding was that his solicitor had the CCTV footage a fair while ago, and the first thing would have been to make a submission to the prosecution to have the charges dropped.

So, I would wait and just let it play out.

@tommy there may be many reasons why someone is held on remand. The seriousness of the charge is usually first and foremost (not saying that applies to Milford). The more serious the charge the greater likelihood of the person charged absconding (or so the logic goes). Another factor might be a poor history of compliance with bail, a concern about the person tampering with evidence or threatening witnesses, or a lengthy criminal history. One or a combination of them will usually land you in a situation where bail is refused at magistrates' court level and you are then required to make an application for bail to the Supreme Court.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Reports coming through that Milford has been training the house down at Logan Magpies......

He fronts court next week......

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Reports coming through that Milford has been training the house down at Logan Magpies......

Let's face it he'd need to be training flat out get rid of the fat he piled on while he bludged for a couple of years on the fattest contract ever handed out by the club. If he was to come out and say would love to repay the club by playing for minimum wage for the next two seasons and was willing to work his tail off in ISC to get back into the team I'd consider taking him back.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Let's face it he'd need to be training flat out get rid of the fat he piled on while he bludged for a couple of years on the fattest contract ever handed out by the club. If he was to come out and say would love to repay the club by playing for minimum wage for the next two seasons and was willing to work his tail off in ISC to get back into the team I'd consider taking him back.
He's likely to sign for the Magpies so he'd basically be selectable by us if we wanted to go down that path.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
He's likely to sign for the Magpies so he'd basically be selectable by us if we wanted to go down that path.
Will he though? I don’t see him signing for nothing. And if he signs I’d make it an iron clad guarantee of two years so he’s not just using us as a keep fit while he waits for the call from Benny.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Will he though? I don’t see him signing for nothing. And if he signs I’d make it an iron clad guarantee of two years so he’s not just using us as a keep fit while he waits for the call from Benny.
Will he what, sign for the Magpies? Lock it in.

Will he play for us? I don't know.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
What a fall from grace this bloke has had.

One of the best players in the comp in 2015, and now he can't even get an NRL gig. Fair dinkum.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
What a fall from grace this bloke has had.

One of the best players in the comp in 2015, and now he can't even get an NRL gig. Fair dinkum.

His pending court case is whats stopping him from getting an NRL gig......

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

for his sake i hope that translates to better performances than when he was training the house down with us

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
If he was signed to us and at least as fit as he was last year, I’d bring back into the team tonight.

He’s a lazy fucker but he is several levels above any of our 6 options.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
If he was signed to us and at least as fit as he was last year, I’d bring back into the team tonight.

Imagine if he felt obligated to 'put in' becos of the lucre he was earning?
FMD Benny's coaching methods work a treat at times, otherwise the can **** some players up forever if he's not there.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

only when he's not being a lazy fucker ... otherwise he goes missing and is several levels below all of our 6 options

L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
Once the dust settles, MILF would be better off playing in the UK. New country, new team, less pressure, he'll likely dominate over there.

Unread

Active Now

• Seibs
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.