NEWS Milford Discussion Thread

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
It seems that depends mate....at least with some people around here.

Someone they "like"....most certainly.

Someone they don;t like....ie Milford. Nahh....he asked for it....he's guilty....he's still a ****.
Yeah nah I haven’t said he’s guilty so that’s plain horseshit. My criticism is of people waving the innocent flag based off of one line in of all publications, the cm.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Yeah nah I haven’t said he’s guilty so that’s plain horseshit. My criticism is of people waving the innocent flag based off of one line in of all publications, the cm.
Not innocent based on that.

Innocent because he's not guilty until it's proven in a court of law, it's as simple as that. I've never made a joke about the Milford situation, or bagged him out for anything other than being a shit player. I'd never rag on someone about a criminal offence unless it's proven, there's a lot of grey area which I'm not privy to, to be able to make any kind of judgement.

The only thing Milford's guilty of, is thieving a wage from the club.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
He is currently innocent.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Doesn’t tend to happen to people simply meandering along and minding their own business. Something happened that night that drew the attention of the police……if only there was some available footage so we could know for sure.(rolls eyes)
Well yeah...of course something happened.

Allegedly Milford threw a rubbish bin at a car.....after being allegedly beaten up by two women.

Quickly arrest him...... and put him in prison Tommy.....?

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
If Milford is innocent, and there is evidence to back that up, he should be entitled to compensation for losing the Souths contract yes?
This was my point earlier, why would that cctv footage have been withheld until now?
Also does the cctv catch the entire incident?
As Kimlo said, there is a lot of grey area here which we are obviously not privy to.

This whole fiasco has not only cost Milford his Souths deal, but tarnished his name and also possibly affected how much he can earn because of the association with violence towards women etc.

Also, if the cctv footage is true and clears Milford, what kind of punishment would those girls cop for all this? Not just the assault, but the loss of wages and the reputational damage?

edit: As an afterthought, why didn't Milford deny any of the accusations? Usually if someone has serious shit pointed at them, and they didn't do it, they come out swinging defending themselves.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Well yeah...of course something happened.

Allegedly Milford threw a rubbish bin at a car.....after being allegedly beaten up by two women.

Quickly arrest him...... and put him in prison Tommy.....?
i Don’t know the correct course of action because as I said we arent privileged enough to view the footage. I would never throw someone in prison based on allegations.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
If Milford is innocent, and there is evidence to back that up, he should be entitled to compensation for losing the Souths contract yes?
This was my point earlier, why would that cctv footage have been withheld until now?
Also does the cctv catch the entire incident?
As Kimlo said, there is a lot of grey area here which we are obviously not privy to.

This whole fiasco has not only cost Milford his Souths deal, but tarnished his name and also possibly affected how much he can earn because of the association with violence towards women etc.

Also, if the cctv footage is true and clears Milford, what kind of punishment would those girls cop for all this? Not just the assault, but the loss of wages and the reputational damage?

edit: As an afterthought, why didn't Milford deny any of the accusations? Usually if someone has serious shit pointed at them, and they didn't do it, they come out swinging defending themselves.
The reality is, simply being drunk in public might've been enough grounds for Souths to cancel his contract, it's not at all an implication of innocence or guilt of his criminal charges, and in civil law, it's balance of probability, not proof beyond reasonable doubt so the evidential burden is nowhere near as high.

So to answer your last question, probably nothing. If Souths had valid reasons under employment law to cancel his contract, the result of his criminal trial counts for nothing.

He can be innocent criminally, but have violated his employment contract.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
@Huge I know you’re a big Milford fan too. Make sure you weigh in with your thoughts when you read this thread mate!

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
*awaiting trial.

if our whole legal system is based on innocent until proven guilty then why are people remanded in custody sometimes? Mic drop.
Pretty good question, I believe it's something to do with ensuring court attendance, but still presumed innocent. I never said the system is perfect, just stated Milford is currently innocent. Which he is.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
@Huge I know you’re a big Milford fan too. Make sure you weigh in with your thoughts when you read this thread mate!
Help Me Support GIF by BLoafX

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Haha I doubt he will be supporting my viewpoint. I really just want to see his thoughts on the female on male assault allegations.

and whether you agree with him or not he always makes some well thought out points imo.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Haha I doubt he will be supporting my viewpoint. I really just want to see his thoughts on the female on male assault allegations.

and whether you agree with him or not he always makes some well thought out points imo.
It's pretty simple to me. Milford's recent legal and contract situations are a mystery to most without sufficient details to form any reasonable view other than a general observation.

I don't know what happened so until something concrete happens or is admitted...

Unread

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.