NEWS Milford Discussion Thread

Badel/Read reporting that Milford can't come back to the NRL yet.

He'll need to wait for the integrity unit's investigation which has just started since his legal proceedings have concluded. He also will need to convince the nrl to allow him back this year

So he has been legally let off. What is the basis that allows the NRL to rule differently? Genuine question.

So he has been legally let off. What is the basis that allows the NRL to rule differently? Genuine question.

Probably the same as any employer. There is no law forcing companies to hire everyone that wants to work for them

Probably the same as any employer. There is no law forcing companies to hire everyone that wants to work for them

Again, coming at this with zero understanding, wouldn't a club essentially be a franchise? Therefore, if a club wants to sign him (and again this is only on what I have read but Newcastle want him), the NRL would have to have pretty strong grounds to refuse? Given they now don't have a criminal case as said basis, what now becomes the basis?

None what so ever as far as I'm concerned.

Its fair enough to stand him down whilst the case was proceeding, but now that he's been exonerated.......the courts have said he's done nothing wrong (other than a misdemeanour of wilful public damage)

....still all things considered
....the NRL should be reinstating him immediately.....as Milford has no case to answer.

Again, coming at this with zero understanding, wouldn't a club essentially be a franchise? Therefore, if a club wants to sign him (and again this is only on what I have read but Newcastle want him), the NRL would have to have pretty strong grounds to refuse? Given they now don't have a criminal case as said basis, what now becomes the basis?

My guess is that the franchise (licence) agreements give the NRL power of veto or final say or something similar.

Of course that assumes that someone who worked for the NRL at some stage had half a brain.

Remember no club has ever challenged a deregistered player (or registration refusal) in court, so I therefore assume they realise they would struggle to win the case

Does he warrant anything other than a train and trial now? Months out of the game with his training record it's going to be a punt for a club, there are always clubs that are desperate for a turn around story though.. Is Wayne really going to fix him!?

Does he warrant anything other than a train and trial now? Months out of the game with his training record it's going to be a punt for a club, there are always clubs that are desperate for a turn around story though.. Is Wayne really going to fix him!?
He would need to be on the stairmaster until June 30.

He didnt push her over. She was standing in front of him vaping and blowing it in his face. He knocked it out of her hand and when she walked over to pick it up she fell over because she was drunk. There is footage to show thats what happened, thats why he has no assault charges to answer.

He did throw the bin, which is what he has copped the good behaviour bond for.

I read the woman grabbed his hands ,then he pushed the woman , and she fell over striking her head .
A bit different to what you saw .

Googled Anthony Milford CCTV got nothing related .
Can you link a vid of the incident pls ?

I read the woman grabbed his hands ,then he pushed the woman , and she fell over striking her head .
A bit different to what you saw .

Googled Anthony Milford CCTV got nothing related .
Can you link a vid of the incident pls ?

I was going off the police in the newspaper article, not sure if the actual footage is out there. Thats why the prosecution dropped all the assault charges as they had nothing against him. I believe it was actually after the police reviewed the footage that they said the woman who he apparently pushed was falling over even before she got involved with Milford.

Not even sure if you can get a report from the magistrates. I'm sure somebody on here would know.

He didnt push her over. She was standing in front of him vaping and blowing it in his face. He knocked it out of her hand and when she walked over to pick it up she fell over because she was drunk. There is footage to show thats what happened, thats why he has no assault charges to answer.

He did throw the bin, which is what he has copped the good behaviour bond for.

She fell over by herself.....because she was pissed.

Thats the story I read.......throughout several publications.

I'm really not getting what the NRL are doing with Milford. He got cleared by the police and the court for assault. His bin throwing shouldnt be enough for them to stop him getting a contract. Why that isnt good enough for the NRL is beyond me. Do they think they are going to find some new evidence that literally nobody else has seen? I just think its so unfair that any player would be stopped from playing once cleared of an incident like this.

I'm really not getting what the NRL are doing with Milford. He got cleared by the police and the court for assault. His bin throwing shouldnt be enough for them to stop him getting a contract. Why that isnt good enough for the NRL is beyond me. Do they think they are going to find some new evidence that literally nobody else has seen? I just think its so unfair that any player would be stopped from playing once cleared of an incident like this.

Apparently they want to sit down and have a talk with him or some shit. As Kent said on 360 the other night that's all well and good, but why didn't they do that at some point in the last couple of months or however long it's been. It's dumb.

It’s like they’re trying to paint him as the new Jarryd Hayne with shots of him leaving court in a suit, not smiling and slightly over weight.

The NRL's WOKE radar is on full tilt.......

They are most concerned about how the drunk bitch fell over....ie Anthony pushed her

of which the cops and the judge said he didn't.

I'm sure the brain snappers at NRL HQ with their expertise in getting decisions right after watching a reply......
will enlighten us all soon enough. 🙄

I don't think this is a "lets get Milford thing" from the NRL....they're just freaking out because it touches on violence against women.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • LittleDavey
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Santa
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ChewThePhatt
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • ezpz
  • Mustafur
  • Brocko
  • broncs30
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Harry Sack
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Justwin
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.