NEWS Milford Discussion Thread

He was still contracted to the Broncos when it happened.

He had signed with Souths, but it happened while he was still under contract here.

Are you sure? I thought his contract with the Broncos had expired at the completion of his last game with the club and he was 'in between' contracts? Or was it that his contract was still in force through until the end of his leave and the Souths contract kicked in at the start of their pre-season?

Are you sure? I thought his contract with the Broncos had expired at the completion of his last game with the club and he was 'in between' contracts? Or was it that his contract was still in force through until the end of his leave and the Souths contract kicked in at the start of their pre-season?

Contracts don't end until November 1 in the final year. He was still a Broncos employee when he was charged.

Re-reading the original article, he was still under contract but "on leave" as his "duties as a Bronco were completed". I mean technicalities, he was out the door and signed elsewhere and was just on gardening leave before he buggered off.

Has anyone actually read Kent's latest article. he is so full of shit it's not even funny.

He is using Anthony Milford to have a go at the NRL's no fault stand down policy (which didn't even apply to Milf)

here is where he would have literally lost everyone and people will ignore any point he's trying to make.

he expects us to believe that Milford (who was on $1 million per year for the last 4 years and $500k per year for about 3 years before that) had to move into a single room in his parents house with his wife and 2 kids because "that's all he can afford"

Later in the article he says that Milford has to sell his Brisbane house "because he has bills to pay" such as storage fees for his furniture because South stopped paying the bill

Has anyone actually read Kent's latest article. he is so full of shit it's not even funny.

He is using Anthony Milford to have a go at the NRL's no fault stand down policy (which didn't even apply to Milf)

here is where he would have literally lost everyone and people will ignore any point he's trying to make.

he expects us to believe that Milford (who was on $1 million per year for the last 4 years and $500k per year for about 3 years before that) had to move into a single room in his parents house with his wife and 2 kids because "that's all he can afford"

Later in the article he says that Milford has to sell his Brisbane house "because he has bills to pay" such as storage fees for his furniture because South stopped paying the bill

I've got no doubts he may have had to move in with his parents because he couldnt find a place to live until he knows where he is going to be. I dont buy for a second he is penniless.

I've got no doubts he may have had to move in with his parents because he couldnt find a place to live until he knows where he is going to be. I dont buy for a second he is penniless.
Dude he gets bashed by his wife and plays pokies and is notorious for being so poor he had to live by gaining nutrition from a Wayne Bennett inspired maccas card. He is a poor trainer and of late a noted poor footballer.I would have no doubt believing he is penniless and living week to week. The second coming of Ben Barba.

Dude he gets bashed by his wife and plays pokies and is notorious for being so poor he had to live by gaining nutrition from a Wayne Bennett inspired maccas card. He is a poor trainer and of late a noted poor footballer.I would have no doubt believing he is penniless and living week to week. The second coming of Ben Barba.

This. If he can't give up the durries while being the highest paid player of the highest profile sporting club in the country, he's a slave to his vices. Not bagging him, some people are just born with this disposition.

But that's not the NRL's fault. The NRL isn't responsible for his poor choices in life. If he had already secured an NRL contract he would most likely still be playing, but it was bad PR at the time and clubs didn't want to touch him.

I did hear this morning that even though the charges were dropped, the NRL still want to investigate and he has to "prove" himself before he can be signed by another club. I think that's a bit over the top.

Not wanting to defend Kent but I don’t really find that idea that outrageous. Milford doesn’t strike me as a saver and with the prospect of jail time for him I wouldn’t blame his missus if she was not wanting to purchase any property in the immediate.

He wouldnt be penniless though. He's got his money tied up in property, he's getting a rental income from his house ( which may or may not cover the repayments on it ). He's just adjusting to not having $50k a month coming in. Bit of a comedown for him

This. If he can't give up the durries while being the highest paid player of the highest profile sporting club in the country, he's a slave to his vices. Not bagging him, some people are just born with this disposition.

But that's not the NRL's fault. The NRL isn't responsible for his poor choices in life. If he had already secured an NRL contract he would most likely still be playing, but it was bad PR at the time and clubs didn't want to touch him.

I did hear this morning that even though the charges were dropped, the NRL still want to investigate and he has to "prove" himself before he can be signed by another club. I think that's a bit over the top.

I think Milf gets a bad wrap about his training. In all reality he is no better or worse than the majority of our players. The smoking, the junk food and soft drink though are things he has to eliminate from his lifestyle if he ever wants to get his career back on track.

Can I just say how is it milf couldn’t play until after his trial and yet may can?

May tackled a bloke in a pub who was being a nuisance to players on a Mad Monday .
Milf pushed a woman over who hit her head on the foot path , then threw a wheelie bin at a car on the street .

Different circumstance .May the NRL dealt with . Done . Milf up for assaulting a woman on the street . Going to courts . See a difference ?

May tackled a bloke in a pub who was being a nuisance to players on a Mad Monday .
Milf pushed a woman over who hit her head on the foot path , then threw a wheelie bin at a car on the street .

Different circumstance .May the NRL dealt with . Done . Milf up for assaulting a woman on the street . Going to courts . See a difference ?

He didnt push her over. She was standing in front of him vaping and blowing it in his face. He knocked it out of her hand and when she walked over to pick it up she fell over because she was drunk. There is footage to show thats what happened, thats why he has no assault charges to answer.

He did throw the bin, which is what he has copped the good behaviour bond for.

I will put dollars on Dolphins for 22 playing ISC and doing development officer work so they can give him 80k a year and NRL deal 23.

I will put dollars on Dolphins for 22 playing ISC and doing development officer work so they can give him 80k a year and NRL deal 23.

Isn't he going to Newcastle?

Nrl deal with the broncos or someone else?

Badel/Read reporting that Milford can't come back to the NRL yet.

He'll need to wait for the integrity unit's investigation which has just started since his legal proceedings have concluded. He also will need to convince the nrl to allow him back this year

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Howie
  • Shane Tronc
  • simplythebest
  • Scdeac
  • Aldo
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Jedhead
  • Allo
  • ezpz
  • Behind enemy lines
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Robboi_321
  • Financeguy
  • mrtij
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.