NEWS Milford: I want to stay

It's not news that Milford is having his last season in Brisbane. The Broncos will never offer him $1,000,000 a season and even with a stellar season they won't offer more than a two year deal at significantly less. Still, he might accept a reduced deal I suppose.

It's not news that Milford is having his last season in Brisbane. The Broncos will never offer him $1,000,000 a season and even with a stellar season they won't offer more than a two year deal at significantly less. Still, he might accept a reduced deal I suppose.
Two years at $750k is my prediction

Two years at $750k is my prediction
If he's on decent form that's decent value. People forget just how good he can be when he can play eyes up footy behind forwards who are going forward.
Be nice if he did at least some things by himself, like be a leader or set some standards or keep himself in shape in seasons other than contract years or step up when the heat is on and not go into hiding at the backends of sets / games. These are not things you should need help with if you are a million dollar player.
He was in good shape at the start of 2020 I think. For whatever reason we missed the mark as a club and it seems nobody was ready for the restart.

If he's on decent form that's decent value. People forget just how good he can be when he can play eyes up footy behind forwards who are going forward.
This^^

Is an often forgotten point...... his naysayers conveniently forget.

He was in good shape at the start of 2020 I think. For whatever reason we missed the mark as a club and it seems nobody was ready for the restart.

Sure but the point remains, he should be a leader in setting standards at the club. I don't think anyone has ever said he isn't a decent footy player but he not worth anywhere near what he is paid.

Sure but the point remains, he should be a leader in setting standards at the club. I don't think anyone has ever said he isn't a decent footy player but he not worth anywhere near what he is paid.
How old is he......?

and I think the real point is he hasn't had a decent forward pack to work with since he got here.

Last edited:
This^^

Is an often forgotten point...... his naysayers conveniently forget.
Well, speaking only for myself I haven't forgotten the fact that he can be a great player. That said talent(ability,potential) is one thing but dependable and consistent effort is another and Milford hasn't provided that. In fact, I believe he's indirectly admitted that himself as well as numerous footballing experts who've pointed out that failing. He's a million dollar player on potential alone but in reality he's a 300-400k plodder with brief and spectacular moments in the sun.

Well, speaking only for myself I haven't forgotten the fact that he can be a great player. That said talent(ability,potential) is one thing but dependable and consistent effort is another and Milford hasn't provided that. In fact, I believe he's indirectly admitted that himself as well as numerous footballing experts who've pointed out that failing. He's a million dollar player on potential alone but in reality he's a 300-400k plodder with brief and spectacular moments in the sun.
ALL Some of what you say is might be true.....but ask yourself....has the entire squad been any different since he got here?

Are we to single him out alone at the shunt that has caused ALL our problems and we should get rid of him as quick as we can....because another Darren Lockyer, is just around the corner?

Last edited:
ALL of what you say is true.....but ask yourself....has the entire squad been any different since he got here?

Are we to single him out alone at the shunt that has caused ALL our problems and we should get rid of him as quick as we can....because another Darren Lockyer, is just around the corner?
It is a shame that there isn't another DL around the corner, because that is exactly what this squad needs.

It is a shame that there isn't another DL around the corner, because that is exactly what this squad needs.

Oh there is, he is currently playing centre with a man bun, just ask the media who talk him up...go figure.

Yep...and as farfetched as this may seem to some of us, Mil;ford is the closest thing we have to him...and gonna have, for the immediate future.

Last edited:
ALL Some of what you say is might be true.....but ask yourself....has the entire squad been any different since he got here?

No, he is not solely responsible as it is also true for Boyd. Many players and some administrative types contributed to our predicament. We have Milford till seasons end but he's somewhat of an oddity because he doesn't have his future sorted. Like most million dollar players already know what's next for them. Frankly, a non tackling flash in the pan, off the cuff type player isn't what we need. We could've had Sandow 5 years ago for less than half that and for all Milfs brilliance Sandow probably would have provided exactly the same number of great performances.

Milford is the present and if he performs, great but if not I'd trust(hope) the club would not offer him another contract at any price. Well, almost any price!

Yep...and as farfetched as this may seem to some of us, Mil;ford is the closest thing we have to him...and gonna have, for the immediate future.
In terms of his skill set, I agree with you, he is the closest we have. In terms of his commitment, his leadership, his willingness to be the man at crunch moments, he is light years away from Lockyer and probably always will be on his career at the Broncos other than 2015.

The bloke was running around on one leg last year out of position coached by an absolute fucking imbecile, and he played half of 2018 needing a shoulder reconstruction.

***** in here talk about lack of commitment or heart, pretty easy behind a fucking keyboard.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Sproj
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Browny
  • Lozza
  • Ozired
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Strop
  • Mick_Hancock
  • armchair
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fozz
  • Alec
  • Tmac
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.