VOTE Milford or Croft?

Who would you rather partner Thomas Dearden for the remainder of the season?

• Anthony Milford

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Brodie Croft

Votes: 82 59.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Results are starting to look pretty clear-cut:

Will be interested to see which way pies goes tomorrow. I can't see him dropping the guy he went out of his way to sign over the off-season, because that'll make him look bad (and we know that pies doesn't like looking bad).

Think it'll be Croft & Dearden in the halves with Milford either at Fullback or out of the team completely.

Hes is one of the worst confidence players ive seen. He cannot get himself into a game and struggles to methodically pick and choose times. His spontaneous natural instinct cannot read a game unfortunately. As juxtaposition as this is, someone with a good feeling and read can feel the momentum and run with it - he cannot.
I find that Milf tries too hard or not hard enough.

Freak when he is on, but needs players to be on around him.

View attachment 8590

Will be interested to see which way pies goes tomorrow. I can't see him dropping the guy he went out of his way to sign over the off-season, because that'll make him look bad (and we know that pies doesn't like looking bad).

Think it'll be Croft & Dearden in the halves with Milford either at Fullback or out of the team completely.

I voted Milf as well. More first grade experience, higher ceiling (he was 2 minutes away from a Clive Churchill Medal) and he seemed to gel pretty well with Dearden when they played together.

Croft, I've yet to see much from him that makes me think he's the answer to our halfback drought. Yes the emotion after the loss was nice to see, but his efforts on field haven't really reflected that passion.

Having said all that, I do not begrudge anyone choosing Croft. Clearly they have just as good reason to considering Milford's continuing poor form. Deep down I just really want to see Milf turn it around, but I can't see him doing it at this club now.

I like the idea of Milf in 9 .... but we could play him in defense at 1 like Green did with Granville.

It’s funny because given the clubs form they will most likely end up not dropping any of these guys and just punt Coates for Staggs to come in.

View attachment 8590

Pretty similar to the milf to fullback opinion. How’d that work out?

Last edited:
because we are paying:

Milford $1 million to eat maccas

Bird about 800k to do rehab; Kahu 400k also to do rehab

Boyd 800k to do ... actually, i'm not sure what we are paying him to do, but you can be sure he isn't doing it
625k not 800. 2.5 m for 4 years

This is why I voted Croft to partner Dearden.
Dearden/Croft looks scary on paper but seriously how much worse could it be then what we get from Milford (and at half the price).
What's the price got to do with anything, we're already paying them both. Whoever's showing the best form is who gets picked.

100% Croft.

He actually gives 100% every game, is obviously a better trainer, and has the attitude I want in a Broncos player.

Milford is crap. Sell him off. If all we're after is a running 5/8, Staggs would be better than Milford. Get some AFL kicking coaches down to teach Staggs a spiral and that's your million dollars covered for cheaper.

If they were both on 400k, I'd be a lot closer to saying Milford but even then I'd still take Croft. Milford is cooked, he's systemic to a lot of our problems, along with guys like Boyd, Oates, and whoever else always seem to only be giving half hearted efforts most games with no desire to improve any more.

If he's our marquee, we deserve a spoon. He should have been dropped last year. He may kick on at another club, but I'd absolutely cut our losses with him at the Broncos and hope another club is willing to try with him.

What's the price got to do with anything, we're already paying them both. Whoever's showing the best form is who gets picked.
Obviously if Milford isn’t being picked and not in future plans you try and move him on even if it means paying some of his salary.

Other than our handling errors and our slow defence.....Croft is the main problem out there.

I can't believe the vote count. WTF.....🤒

Surely you can see Milford has more class & talent is his little finger than Croft will ever have........???
Team Dearden up again with the Milf. They started to look alright until Dearden's injury.

Croft will be nothing more than an honest plodder.

Obviously if Milford isn’t being picked and not in future plans you try and move him on even if it means paying some of his salary.

He has already activated his option for 2021, so he is getting paid regardless of whether we play him...

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • ChewThePhatt
  • rj9
  • Bronx48
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Painin the Haas
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Gympie devil
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • I bleed Maroon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
... and 60 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.