NEWS Milford: we sorted it out

Anthony Milford has passed through the nine circles of football Hell and emerged much the same - still laid back, circumspect and always eager for succulent meal beneath the Golden Arches:

“I don’t believe it’s the end for me here at the Broncos. It’s not true that I don’t care. The fire is still burning inside me and I want to be the best player I can be. But as a playmaker, if you aren’t getting good ball, there’s not really much you can do. I’m only 26, so I feel I still have a lot to offer, whether that’s the Broncos or another club. I have to bounce back and I believe I will.”

Screenmirifai   CHwpKUCHWrI CHwpKSLHKeB

Sunset, here we come

Kotoni being promised five-eighth hasn’t bothered me at all. I am not worrying about Kotoni or anyone else. The club has an obligation to sign some players and it doesn’t faze me if Kotoni could be the five-eighth. Competition is always healthy, so I‘m not worried about that. We will see what happens when Kotoni gets back."

“I have heard the reports about not being offered a new Broncos deal, so I saw ‘Kevvie’ about it and he has reassured me that everything is in my control. I have to play well to get a new contract. He said there is no timeframe, whether it‘s one or two weeks, but he assured me he hadn’t given up on me. I definitely haven’t given up on myself."

"I’ve taken it on the chin, I still enjoy myself at training and I will do my best to fight back. For whatever reason, my performances haven’t always been consistent in games. I am realistic about the situation. I’ve had a few discussions with my manager about my future but nothing is set in stone."

" It’s my ideal plan to stay at the Broncos, but if it doesn’t happen I have two kids and a family to look after and I have to do what’s best for them. If that means leaving the Broncos, so be it, but everything is in my control. My destiny is in my hands. Hopefully over the next few months my future will take care of itself.”

ScreenRainbow on Golden Arches

Destiny

“It caught me by surprise, no-one likes to be dropped. Kevvie called a meeting and told me my performances weren’t up to scratch. I had my views against it. I said to Kevvie it’s hard for the halves to do something when a team loses by 50. That’s not a criticism of my teammates, but when a side is on the back foot, it’s difficult for the halves to dominate a game. But we sorted it out. Kevvie said he wanted me to be busier around the ball and that’s a good challenge for me."

"The Broncos aren’t just going to give me a deal for no reason. I know I have to play well and if I do that, I will have a future here, so it’s on me now.”

McHunt

Serious question, has anyone else ever faded this badly by their mid 20s without an identified injury? Even Moylan had injuries.
Tim Smith and Chris Sandow maybe?

Even Ash Taylor

No one fell off as hard as Tim Smith did, not even Milford IMO. One of the greatest debut seasons for half in NRL history (possibly the greatest? He had 40 try assists that year) and then just a massive drop off he never recovered from.

100% mate I noticed it, He just doesn't have the gas to back himself. A fighter for example can be out of time and form but if their conditioning is right they can stay in the contest and right the ship. Milf is not NRL level because he is not conditioned for it, he just can't stay in the fight.
The frustrating thing is that Albert follows the play and generally has an idea of what is happening in front of him. He is often there waiting for TPJ's offloads, so we know a 6 can actually follow the play and be ready for an offload, which we haven't seen since 2015/16

He's basically what Milf should expect to be when he turns 30... i.e. a guy that has instincts and ability, but his athleticism is letting him down. Albert still looks like a guy that can be a handy depth half, because he understands the game.

If we could put Albert's brain into Milf's body we would have 2016 Milf back... unfortunately Milf just has no idea what to do on a football field anymore.

It's like he's forgotten how to follow the play and is too stuck in trying to structure everything... it's like nothing is instinctive anymore... in the same way that Bhunt is no longer the player that he was in 2014/15.

What annoys me is that in Round 1 he did put on some skillful instinctive plays... then he gets run over by Fifita a couple times, gets shifted to the other side of the field and all his instincts are suddenly gone. From that point on he drops back into his former state and just focusses on organising garbage nothing plays on his left edge.

Everything he seems to do is premeditated at the moment... has no feel for the game anymore... he needs a ton of time back in ISC bashing up shit teams and getting his confidence back.

After last few performances, i cant see many nrl clubs willing to take a risk on him. Id think the boat has sailed for the tigers.

He will be on the plane to England to play for some battler club over there.

He also went through a shit patch and fucked off to rugby.

milf still has time but he’s done with us. He needs to go to England, be the best player in the comp to get some confidence back and have another crack here.

Or he could give it away he’s mentally fucked
England for 12 months then come back to WB at Brisbane 2.

Lol apparently the Raiders were approached about taking Milford back...they declined.

part of that report said "there was some interest" ... so maybe they only declined at his 600k asking price

In the 2015 GF he was to be fair.

Arguably that moment was the beginning of the end for Milf. Just imagine what he could have been with the confidence of a premiership and a Clive Churchill medal under his belt. Now compare that image to what we got.

Arguably that moment was the beginning of the end for Milf. Just imagine what he could have been with the confidence of a premiership and a Clive Churchill medal under his belt. Now compare that image to what we got.
He was pretty freaking good the next year until he was injured.

I actually think the injuries took their toll on his body - a bit like Darius. Added on to Wayne's insistence Milf be the organising half.

He was pretty freaking good the next year until he was injured.

I actually think the injuries took their toll on his body - a bit like Darius. Added on to Wayne's insistence Milf be the organising half.

It is interesting that point. I remember Wayne saying if he got it right with Milf he could become one of the greats. Wayne didn't get it right, he tried to turn him into something he was never suited to be and look at the end result now.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • Matheos
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.