Mitchell Pearce Incident

We might just see Pearce get sacked.

Roosters want SBW back this season. Multi million lifetime deal.

Apparently with the Jennings departure and Pearce possibly being sacked, they could have 1.5 mil left over in the cap.

Oh **** right off they would have $1.5 mill free. Even if Pearce & Jennings were on that money collectively, Copley wasn't free. Otherwise they wouldn't have released Jennings.

Oh **** right off they would have $1.5 mill free. Even if Pearce & Jennings were on that money collectively, Copley wasn't free. Otherwise they wouldn't have released Jennings.

Tuivasa-Scheck, Maloney, Jennings, Pearce combined is at least $2m, and they haven't signed any big names, if they terminate Pearce they should have $1m+ in cap room.

I'm all for it, I hate Pearce and like SBW, make it happen Roosters.

Tuivasa-Scheck, Maloney, Jennings, Pearce combined is at least $2m, and they haven't signed any big names, if they terminate Pearce they should have $1m+ in cap room.

I'm all for it, I hate Pearce and like SBW, make it happen Roosters.

They re-signed Ferguson, Guerra, Napa, Taukeiaho, all would have needed upgrades. As well as SKD, Tupou & JWH. Burgess, Copley & JNik wouldn't have been free either.

They re-signed Ferguson, Guerra, Napa, Taukeiaho, all would have needed upgrades. As well as SKD, Tupou & JWH. Burgess, Copley & JNik wouldn't have been free either.

I think you're overestimating how much these guys are getting "upgraded", most of the guys you named are probably on a similar salary to their previous contract, maybe an extra $100k per season here or there, it's not like any of those guys are going from a base salary to $500k a year or anything. P.S We're paying for part of Copley, and Nikorima & Burgess would be lucky to make $400k between them.

Roosters salary cap situation really isn't much different to ours, nobody apart from us thought we could find the money for Roberts, yet we found a way, as will the Chooks if SBW or Hayne want to come back.

I thought Nikorima was off contract and we wanted to keep him?? So why would the Broncos pay some of his contract!

For mine the moment you offer to sell it to the player or their club instead of a news agency is when it becomes blackmail.
I don't think so.
If you've got an offer for x dollars from the media and then say, the videos worth x, you can have it for the same price, that's not blackmail.

I thought Nikorima was off contract and we wanted to keep him?? So why would the Broncos pay some of his contract!

Nikorima was off contract... So we are not paying him a cent.

Copley is a different story.

[quote name=&quot;Morkel&quot; post=2722589]They re-signed Ferguson, Guerra, Napa, Taukeiaho, all would have needed upgrades. As well as SKD, Tupou &amp; JWH. Burgess, Copley &amp; JNik wouldn't have been free either.[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
. P.S We're paying for part of Copley, and Nikorima &amp; Burgess would be lucky to make $400k between them.<br />
<br />
Roosters salary cap situation really isn't much different to ours, nobody apart from us thought we could find the money for Roberts, yet we found a way, as will the Chooks if SBW or Hayne want to come back.

I think you're overestimating how much these guys are getting "upgraded", most of the guys you named are probably on a similar salary to their previous contract, maybe an extra $100k per season here or there, it's not like any of those guys are going from a base salary to $500k a year or anything. P.S We're paying for part of Copley, and Nikorima & Burgess would be lucky to make $400k between them.

Ferguson and Tupou went from base salaries to decent money. (both would be earning 300k+ and I wouldn't be surprised to see Ferguson on 500k) Guerra would not have come cheap either seeing how he is an origin player now. It only takes a few upgrades of younger players on minimum deals to push a big player out. Plus a player like RTS would not have been on big dollars. He was off contract this year and due for a massive upgrade so they really didn't save much money letting him go.

Reports were Roosters offloaded Jennings to free up some much needed cap space and let's not forget Roosters will be paying part of that contract.

Last edited:
Ferguson and Tupou went from base salaries to decent money. (both would be earning 300k+ and I wouldn't be surprised to see Ferguson on 500k) Guerra would not have come cheap either seeing how he is an origin player now. It only takes a few upgrades of younger players on minimum deals to push a big player out. Plus a player like RTS would not have been on big dollars. He was off contract this year and due for a massive upgrade so they really didn't save much money letting him go.

I assume you have the detailed salary reports for each of those players, right? You seem to have intricate knowledge of the salary cap situation at the Roosters, so either you're a member of the Roosters administration or you've got sources in NRL Headquarters...

in short, you did Unbreakable

He said we're paying part of copley. And that Niko and Burgess would be lucky to be on 400k combined. Two separate statements that could have been confused for one.

I assume you have the detailed salary reports for each of those players, right? You seem to have intricate knowledge of the salary cap situation at the Roosters, so either you're a member of the Roosters administration or you've got sources in NRL Headquarters...

Well RTS was resigned in 2012 when he was a winger so he wasn't getting paid a fortune (this year was really his break out season), ferguson came cheap because he had been sacked from his previous clubs (and was signed mid year) and tupou was complaining last year about being on a minimum deal when he was a test winger. All written from NRL articles. I'm no expert on the salary cap there but you can at least make a fair argument for some of their deals considering what other clubs pay for simular talent.

[quote name=&quot;Morkel&quot; post=2722589]They re-signed Ferguson, Guerra, Napa, Taukeiaho, all would have needed upgrades. As well as SKD, Tupou &amp; JWH. Burgess, Copley &amp; JNik wouldn't have been free either.
<br />
<br />
. P.S We're paying for part of Copley, and Nikorima &amp; Burgess would be lucky to make $400k between them.<br />
<br />
Roosters salary cap situation really isn't much different to ours, nobody apart from us thought we could find the money for Roberts, yet we found a way, as will the Chooks if SBW or Hayne want to come back.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting a deal with SBW AND Hayne has ALREADY been done.

I don't reckon Hayne is coming back this year and even if he does, I think he will go back to Parra. He seems the sort of bloke who would keep his word on stuff like that. Parra would pay him just as much as any other club could to keep him too.

Active Now

• Organix
  • thenry
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KateBroncos1812
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.