Mitchell Pearce Incident

From what I understand this guy wasn't mates with Mitch and didn't even know him before to night. Why do people think he owes Mitch any favours? If any stranger came into my/my mates house and acted like a complete ball bag, pissing everywhere and being obnoxious I'd tell him to **** off. If that stranger was a real prick and a celebrity, I'd film it without hesitation, and if offered decent money I wouldn't think twice about selling it.

Mitch gets tanked, and acts like a right **** in a stranger's house than expects them to turn down $60k so the world doesn't get reminded that he's a drop kick? What kind of shit is that. If he didn't want me going to the media he'd want to have uncle nick open his wallet for me.

Is preserving some entitled, obnoxious league player's public image worth a years salary to me? Absolutely not. I'd be saying cheers for the down payment on my new home, Junior.

So it's ok to to blackmail someone in your eyes? What he did was not illegal, what you are suggesting is.

What kind of hypocritical star chamber bullshit is this.

Last edited:
INthe end it was the wrong thing to do but i think he was just having a joke and the person who filmed him was trtying ot set him up for the 70,000 dollars they got for selling the story

No one was setting him up. His antics were all his own doing.

I will admit, if I was there I would have filmed it & sold it to get cash.

So it's ok to to blackmail someone in your eyes? What he did was not illegal, what you are suggesting is.

What kind of hypocritical star chamber bullshit is this.
Nah not blackmail. I'd sell it to the highest bidder.

i don't think Mitch has done that much wrong, but that's also because he wasn't in my house.

That's correct, in someones house, a private situation.

Ever been at a mates house drinking and said something you shouldn't about another mate or his missus? Or had a few work colleagues over and bagged the boss.? How would you like that to be recorded and circulated ?
You can't be serious comparing that to what Pearce did. Regardless, the answers are no and no.
I have also never behaved anywhere close to how Pearce behaved, alcohol or not. But if I had and it came out, I wouldn't be happy of course, but still would have no one but myself to blame!

FTR, I don't need alcohol to "have fun", and definitely know when to stop.

You can't be serious comparing that to what Pearce did. Regardless, the answers are no and no.
I have also never behaved anywhere close to how Pearce behaved, alcohol or not. But if I had and it came out, I wouldn't be happy of course, but still would have no one but myself to blame!

FTR, I don't need alcohol to "have fun", and definitely know when to stop.

So you have no mates and you work for yourself.:aetsch:

My point is P when does or doesn't something become fair game for public airing. I couldn't care less about MP but to me it's wrong the way this type of thing gets out there.
Social media laws haven't kept pace with the way it's being used I hope sometime soon laws are made because I think with stuff like this we don't need to know.

Interesting take from the other side and worth a read. Doggone, it is time to move on. – Sports n Crosses

If it is genuine that he has realized he needs help and is seeking it, rather than being a PR exercise and an attempt at damage control, then he deserves some support and a chance to rehab. Still deserves a lengthy suspension though.

Like it or not ... He has chosen a career that makes him a public figure...

And this sort of exposure is just one of the negatives that he has to accept when he cashes his 500k+ paycheck.

If he doesn't like it, he can go and work a regular job for 50k a year ... A job where the media aren't going to give two shits whether he acts like a complete tool, and certainly wont pay 60k for a video of him acting like a complete fucktard.

His choice

If it is genuine that he has realized he needs help and is seeking it, rather than being a PR exercise and an attempt at damage control, then he deserves some support and a chance to rehab. Still deserves a lengthy suspension though.

It has more spin than a Shane Warne delivery.

His 2014 apology.

“I just want to take the time to apologise to everyone for my actions over the last couple of days,” Pearce said via a video posted on the Roosters’ website.
“It’s been hard on everyone involved and I’ve brought it all on myself, I take full responsibility.”
“Firstly, I want to say sorry to my parents who are my biggest supporters – I let them down, embarrassed them and they’ve had to bear the brunt the last couple of days which has been hard for them.
“Also my girlfriend, who has copped this the hardest – it’s not fair on her and hopefully we can work through things.
“Also everyone in the club . . . I’ve let them down, being pulled out this week.

I’ll take this as a learning curve and work on my leadership, I’m obviously not where I feel I need to be, it’s a good kick up the backside for me.“To the Roosters fans and the sponsors, they put so much time into us and they don’t deserve this lack of respect.
“I also want to say sorry to the NRL — it’s not a good look. You guys do a lot for us as players and my responsibility as a player is to set a good example to everyone and be a role model and I let everyone down in that regard.
“I love the club and I value my job. I worked very hard to get to this position. It’s a great kick up the backside for me and I’ll be doing everything possible to get that respect back.”

His 2016 apology.

"I just want to unreservedly apologise for my actions over the last couple of days. My behaviour was unacceptable and I'm embarrassed, and take full responsibility for my actions," Pearce said.
"I acknowledge I have a problem with alcohol and it's something I need to address. It's not an excuse but a realisation that I finally need help.
"Together with the club I'm working on a solution for me to address these issues which will come out in the next couple of days."

violin.gif

IMO: He is only sorry because he got caught on video.

His punishment will probably be like being hit with wet feather.

So you have no mates and you work for yourself.:aetsch:

My point is P when does or doesn't something become fair game for public airing. I couldn't care less about MP but to me it's wrong the way this type of thing gets out there.
Social media laws haven't kept pace with the way it's being used I hope sometime soon laws are made because I think with stuff like this we don't need to know.
Haha, close! :wink:

How do we set the rules to what is ok or not to be aired publicly?

What MP did may not be strictly illegal (the attempted kiss may be up for discussion, although there is not enough information to judge either way), but that behaviour goes way beyond what is acceptable in any setting, much less outside of your own home.

In fact, it consists exactly of what I feel is totally fine to be aired publicly, because it is in that area where while not punishable by law, it certainly deserves being shamed for, as opposed to bagging your boss in a convo between mates for example.

The minute he pissed on the lounge he deserved everything that came his way. The rest was just a drunk carrying on like a dickhead, seen it a hundred times before.

So in that situation MP can't record something that includes the home owner because she's in her own home and it's private but they can record him because he's invited in and then that's not private?

Hmm, someone should put the rules at the door.

No that's not what I meant, although I can see how you could read it that way.

If your with your family or mates in your own home. That's private. The minute you host or attend a party/gathering with people you don't know (members of the public) that's when the situation is public, no matter the fact if it is at a private residence or not.

Just like you can have a private function at a public place. For eg. Birthday party at the pub/club. The people at the party are known and have been invited.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to see everyone's reaction if one of our star players is ever filmed behaving badly in someone's home.There isn't exactly alot of love for MP on this forum or anywhere in Qld.

I would feel the same way.

And yes I would tape it & try & sell it. (though I would offer it to the Broncos first) :lol:

For mine the moment you offer to sell it to the player or their club instead of a news agency is when it becomes blackmail.

We might just see Pearce get sacked.

Roosters want SBW back this season. Multi million lifetime deal.

Apparently with the Jennings departure and Pearce possibly being sacked, they could have 1.5 mil left over in the cap.

Would love SBW back he was so awesome at the Roosters

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • mystico
  • FACTHUNT
  • ettybay
  • Shane Tronc
  • kiwibronco
  • sooticus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.