NEWS Money or love: Blair's tough choice

i personally think the hardest part for blair is knowing the broncos have a pretty good record at looking after the loyal players once they retire.

Still must be a bloody hard decision.

its a hell of alot of money to sacrifice even if the broncs are willing to offer him a job somewhere post career

Salary cap up 200. Be happy to offer him 1 million over 3 years. Plus he would get tpas and a post football job. If he wants to go wish him luck. But agree he has chased money before and not gone well. Miserable end of career with Knights and he clearly doesn't want to go back to NZ.

isnt the extra 200 for veteran allowance only? not really sure how it all works

Salary cap up 200. Be happy to offer him 1 million over 3 years. Plus he would get tpas and a post football job. If he wants to go wish him luck. But agree he has chased money before and not gone well. Miserable end of career with Knights and he clearly doesn't want to go back to NZ.

The Knights will be decent next year.

isnt the extra 200 for veteran allowance only? not really sure how it all works
I'm pretty sure the veterans allowance is only available to players who have played 8 consecutive years at the same club.

I'm pretty sure the veterans allowance is only available to players who have played 8 consecutive years at the same club.
Or 10 years in total apparently.

Sometimes it feels like we are the only club under salary cap pressure next year.

Sometimes it feels like we are the only club under salary cap pressure next year.

Hard to be under pressure I guess when there is no salary cap literally six-seven weeks from when it starts.

The answer is clearly a guaranteed post footy job. Sure you can earn a million dollars more at the Knights, but in 3 years you are unemployed and looking to move "home" (wherever you consider that to be, NZ or Brisbane - but you have no family in the Hunter)

So, sacrifice a mill now, but earn 200k as a part time forwards coach for as long as you want (and maybe you win a premiership too)

The best financial decision in this scenario is actually to stay, and the best football/personal/job satisfaction decision is to stay too

I guess it depends on if the Broncos want to make such a deal

Certainly a hard decision he has to make, especially with the amount of money being mentioned.

I'd love him to stay but expect him to go.

Hopefully his family is what keeps him here.

It's an easy decision. Take the money. Set himself up for life after footy.

It's an easy decision. Take the money. Set himself up for life after footy.
Agreed.

Would love Blair to stay but honestly, this is his last big contract. Take the money and set yourself up, you can always come back to Brisbane later on and be a mentor or whatever.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Aldo
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • MrRobot
  • Cavalo
  • Strop
  • HVbronco
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncs1459
  • Skyblues87
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.