NEWS Money or love: Blair's tough choice

Dobbo's breaking news:
Corvo has signed with the Warriors.

"It's my understanding" Blair has signed a four year deal with the Warriors.

Good thing we've got Dobbo for all the latest breaking news ...

We go live to Dobbo with his exclusive live breaking news!

Dobbo: This just in, the NRL are set to introduce the Melbourne Storm into the newly merged NRL competition!

Dobbo's breaking news:
Corvo has signed with the Warriors.

"It's my understanding" Blair has signed a four year deal with the Warriors.

Good thing we've got Dobbo for all the latest breaking news ...

Good lord Dobbo, that's a poor scoop, even by your standards.

Warriors literally announced the Corvo signing like a week ago and Blair has been rumoured to have signed a 4 year deal with the Warriors for like 3 months :biggrin:

Is that all he has done this week? I've gotta get into RL journalism somehow.

As a warriors fan, any chance you guys can keep him? A lot of warriors fans would be willing to chip in so the penalty magnet remains away from our club which already gets crucified mercilessly by stupid infringements. Playing as a Warrior his antics will only get magnified and wont have the safety net that comes with wearing a Storm or Broncos jersey. Please please keep him there. I apologise on behalf of the imbeciles running the warriors for offering an average player a 4 year retirement package worth 2.4-2.8 simply because no other decent forward wants to come to Auckland.

Please???

As a warriors fan, any chance you guys can keep him? A lot of warriors fans would be willing to chip in so the penalty magnet remains away from our club which already gets crucified mercilessly by stupid infringements. Playing as a Warrior his antics will only get magnified and wont have the safety net that comes with wearing a Storm or Broncos jersey. Please please keep him there. I apologise on behalf of the imbeciles running the warriors for offering an average player a 4 year retirement package worth 2.4-2.8 simply because no other decent forward wants to come to Auckland.

Please???

Get the **** out of here haha

Please???

Sorry buddy he is all yours. I actually like the Warriors and feel sorry that your club think he is worth investing in, but I’m not sorry to see him go. We need a prop who can run for more than 60m in a preliminary final...

The poster who said he does the 1% and forgets about the 99% blew my mind. One of the posts of the year. He's a terrible srarting prop.

The poster who said he does the 1% and forgets about the 99% blew my mind. One of the posts of the year. He's a terrible srarting prop.
Correct. Thats my take on him too. No doubting he brings energy to the defensive line, but most of his tackles are second or third man in. His runs are woeful and it seems as he forgets his job is being a prop and make inroads by running the ball up and bending the defensive line.

We are just so desperate right now and some of our fans think that he is an upgrade on Matulino <insert collective laugh right here>.

He will bring experience, may teach professionalism to our bros club, and put pressure on the oppositions little men. Four years just totally irks me. Our desperate fans think that if he doesnt work out, we can ship him back to Brisbane for year 3 and 4 at a reduced price with the Warriors paying the bulk of his contract. I doubt Bennett would even take him even at a reduced rate. It smacks of desperation and idiocy by the Warriors.

Disclaimer - I run the nzwarriors fan site so mods please delete if links are not allowed, but you can read more on how fans are reacting to his signature over here : http://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/adam-blair-boom-or-bust.58386/

Correct. Thats my take on him too. No doubting he brings energy to the defensive line, but most of his tackles are second or third man in. His runs are woeful and it seems as he forgets his job is being a prop and make inroads by running the ball up and bending the defensive line.

We are just so desperate right now and some of our fans think that he is an upgrade on Matulino <insert collective laugh right here>.

He will bring experience, may teach professionalism to our bros club, and put pressure on the oppositions little men. Four years just totally irks me. Our desperate fans think that if he doesnt work out, we can ship him back to Brisbane for year 3 and 4 at a reduced price with the Warriors paying the bulk of his contract. I doubt Bennett would even take him even at a reduced rate. It smacks of desperation and idiocy by the Warriors.

Disclaimer - I run the nzwarriors fan site so mods please delete if links are not allowed, but you can read more on how fans are reacting to his signature over here : http://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/adam-blair-boom-or-bust.58386/

No worries tajhay and welcome to the forums.

I noticed Ofahiki Ogden has been picked up by the Bulldogs. It's no secret the Warriors forward pack has been their biggest achillies heel in recent times, I was interested to know what's the popular backrow formation among fans? Hoffman is likely swap places with Tohu Harris and return to Melbourne, and I don't think backrow is the best place for Afoa. Will Thompson be re-signed? Or will they give a bloke like Vuna or Love-Henry a shot?

What shitted me off most was his cheap shots opened up a massive hole in the line

No worries tajhay and welcome to the forums.

I noticed Ofahiki Ogden has been picked up by the Bulldogs. It's no secret the Warriors forward pack has been their biggest achillies heel in recent times, I was interested to know what's the popular backrow formation among fans? Hoffman is likely swap places with Tohu Harris and return to Melbourne, and I don't think backrow is the best place for Afoa. Will Thompson be re-signed? Or will they give a bloke like Vuna or Love-Henry a shot?
Yeah Ogden is a mystery. Apparently he was tapped on the shoulder by Kearney earlier this season and told we wouldnt even be offering him a contract to retain him!! Highly promising junior and we just let him go... Sipley is another who is off to Manly.

Our forward pack will look something like this next year:
8. Gavet
9. Luke
10. Blair
11. Pulu
12. Harris
13. Mannering

Bench consisting of : Vete, Lisone and probably Sao.

Yeah Afoa hasnt had the biggest impact since hes come on, and seems to have lost his effectiveness with runs since becoming a starting player due to the unavailability of Hoffman through the season. Bodene Thompson will not be resigned (part of the cancer at this club).

Interested to hear your guys views on Love-Henry. He is supposed to be a replacement for Thompson but lil young no? Anyone care to share views on him?

Also interested to hear your guys views on Corvo who i believe is our best signing this year.

Kearney is another topic altogether and my sentiments regarding him arent too different to what i think about Blair coming to the Warriors.

And there is a 1 percent margin left for error.

Interested to hear your guys views on Love-Henry.

Very impressive during the pre-season. Isn't afraid to get his hands on the footy and has good foot-work and can hit a gap. Has a few question marks surrounding his defence but he was great for the Devils this year and is worth a shot.

He'll be 23 next year, which is usually a good age for backrows.

Also interested to hear your guys views on Corvo who i believe is our best signing this year.

Came to the club in the 2014 pre-season and helped us turn this place around. There haven't been too many stories with Corvo but even without Bennett, we've never missed the 8 with him here.

Blair showed with the tigers/broncos/storm, that he looks good in a good team and poor in a weaker one.

Thing is he isnt really going to lose you matches, but really the warriors need mentally stronger players (as do we at the raiders) I am not sure blair fits that bill.

The problem with Blair this year was they bulked him up too much. He looked too slow to play the way he plays. There was no point in bulking him up if he wasn't going to take the hard hit ups.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Culhwch
  • broncotville
  • Ondi
  • Broncosgirl
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.