MORE BANNERS!!!

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
mates grabbin my ticket tomorrow will find out where im sitting and tell you all. I wanna get in on this fun. hell its the last game we can see this yr.

LETS GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Alright - got my banner planned - aimed at a player who I'm sure is not gonna get any other support - Simsy

Simsply the Best!

Hell yeah - watch for that one in row 1 20 metre line

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
This level of security scrutiny is pretty much unmatched anywhere in the world. Does anyone know why the security is so ridiculously strict?

Has this evolved from public response in the past? Are Brisbane Rugby League "fans" really that precious that they voiced out over whatever misely "antisocial behaviour" which may have occured in the past?

ANZ security were no walkovers, but I can't remember them being this intense. Really destroys crowd enjoyment.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
It's confusing to me why the security at Suncorp is so strict. We haven't had any incidents like the Dogs, only the occasional fight and we hardly ever see anyone running onto the field. It's overkill and there's no reason for it.

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
Australian culture is very proper though. Most "fans" have been brought up on just sitting and clapping. Reactive support as opposed to proactive support. Society here has almost become robotic. Everyone has to be behaving the same way or you're looked at like you're from another planet. Our society doesn't like to deviate from the path trodden for the past 100 years and isn't open to change.

I have noticed the flag and banner reductions at Parramatta Stadium over the years.

People just sit back and cop this crap these days though. We've seen what happens if you stand up to the authorities from the experiences of those who've posted in this thread.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Silence said:
Are Brisbane Rugby League "fans" really that precious that they voiced out over whatever misely "antisocial behaviour" which may have occured in the past?

It's not Rugby League it's Suncorp Stadium - it's exactly the same for the Rugby Union and Soccer matches that are played there (well the few of those that I've been to anyway).

Not sure where it came from or why it's so strict, but yeah - it's hard to get much of an atmosphere and 'home ground advantage'

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
haha need a mass work out or something at a nothing game.

If someone who is only enjoying the game gets told to leave have a heap of people leave.

Only bad thing is we wouldnt be able to get enough people together to have an effect. Imagine in that, on TV you see a mass group start to leave and later find out why.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Well, I'm continuing with my take on this tread - possible banner ideas:

"Now is the Winterstein of your discontent"

though my gf thinks it's too highbrow for the NRL

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
dragx and ddd thats the spirit !!!!!

c'mon every1, this could be the last game of the year, its going to be massive!!!!!!!!

doesnt matter whats on the banners, just get them in, get your flags waving, get your shout on and go crazy!!!!

Confetti is the go people, lots of it, even if u cant get yellow and maroon, just fill up half a plastic bag and put it at the bottom of your bag....if 30 people do that , that will provide some effect!!

screw em! maybe thats why we always lose big games at suncorp? because the opposing team feels our stadium and supporters are damn quiet and soft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (honestly why cant u even take banners and confetti into a footy game FFS)

Someone even take a cow bell like at melbourne! Who gives a crap if its melbournes thing, just do anything we can to get behind the broncos and give it to the dragQUEENS/ChokeQueens/St Merge Dragons - whatever u wanna call them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember guys its not like we're the bulldogs - where not taking flairs to the game, JESUS its only banners and confetti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. ddd that's a beauty mate!!!!!!

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Not banned, but it just takes one person to say they're offended and they'll come and tell you to tone it down.

Plus 2 games ago we had an overzealous usher come and enquire as to our mental health after we yelled out at the Broncos after a poor missed tackle led to a try. FFS.

[icon_lol1. Your not referring to the usher asking if Tee was alright are you? Sh!t that was hilarious, he looked so confused.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Might be pushing it a bit:

"Alexander the Great"

"That's why we call him Wow Yeh!"

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
i was just thinking of doing a "WOW YOW YEH" simple but uh. ok simple

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
draggx said:
i was just thinking of doing a "WOW YOW YEH" simple but uh. ok simple

That's great - what we need to to ensure that all the team are represented

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
Come on everyone, fill in as many banner ideas for each player as you can...nominate which banner you are going to throw together for the game this week! even if its a standard piece of school project cardboard from the newsagency - come on guys - lets do this!!!!!!

hunt - 'Special K', 'Every1 loves Khunt'
winterstein - 'Its wintersteins time to shine'
folau - 'IZZY IZZY IZZY OI OI OI'
hodges - 'Justincredible'
yow yeh - 'WOW YOW YEH', 'F**K Yeah YOW YEH'
lockyer - 'King Locky'
wallace -
kenny -
mccullough -
taylor - 'COAL TRAIN TAYLOR'
carroll - '
thaiday - 'SLAM 'EM SAM'
parker -

glenn -
setu -
sims - 'Simsply the best'
clinton - 'President Clinton'

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
Fellow Broncos Supporters, have you noticed in past dragons matches at suncorp that the DRAGQUEENS get all their banners inside the ground?? they ALWAYS have more banners than us....all those 'gst' and 'ben creagh' and 'dragons army' red and white SH1T!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I cannot stress enough how much it will mean to the players shutting that SH1T down and coming up with our own stuff for the BIGGEST game of the year!!

FIRE UPPP!!!!!!!!!!

Someone make a banner - Welcome back to the cauldron Ben Creagh & Justin Poore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Thats it you got me fired up!!!

Making a Banner! ill work out with my mate what one we should do.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.