MORE BANNERS!!!

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Coxy said:
Confetti: banned.
Banners: must not have poles more than 80cm long or something, and less than 1cm thick.
Chanting and yelling: banned...could be considered anti-social.

Seriously, Suncorp Stadium rules and regulations are gay.

I would be seriously pissed off if I was sitting behind some nob with a banner, or someone threw confetti and it landed in my seriously expensive beer. :twisted:

Those rules are fine, and I endorse them.

As for the chanting and showing of emotion: seriously gay, but I blame the old boys season members telling us to shut up. :evil: or the people giving us an evil eye if we so much as look happy when the Broncos make a line break :roll: Someone needs to start rewarding the fans who get into the match.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
"Look Out Poore, Hodges is gonna get you"

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Flags and banners are fake passion.

So if you put some money, time and effort into making a flag or banner for your team, that's not considered passionate? [icon_confu

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
'Creagh is Gay'

Disclaimer: Not aiming to offend anyone!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Coxy said:

So if you put some money, time and effort into making a flag or banner for your team, that's not considered passionate? [icon_confu

No. But a lot of them I reckon do it out of "ooo look at me, I'm on TV". And as others say, they're seriously annoying to a lot of people. Should be specific sections where they're allowed and that's it (which is pretty much the case).

And mrslong: agree completely. Suncorp is a god damn library most Broncos games. I've been told to sit down when I've jumped up during a line break. FFS!

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
Coxy said:
ningnangnong said:
Coxy said:

No. But a lot of them I reckon do it out of "ooo look at me, I'm on TV". And as others say, they're seriously annoying to a lot of people. Should be specific sections where they're allowed and that's it (which is pretty much the case).

And mrslong: agree completely. Suncorp is a god damn library most Broncos games. I've been told to sit down when I've jumped up during a line break. FFS!

Yes and that's definately in the league of the points i'm getting at. Makes you wonder if the security company got sued once for not coming to the aide of some trivial incident and have felt the need to make sure they're over-zealously in control of everyone and everything at all times ever since.

They expect everyone to be like model students in class. We don't pay our money to come to the games to be disciplined, lectured and controlled away from being what we are when at the stadium. Football fans.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'm not talking about security. I was told by other spectators to sit down. That's what shits me. That's why security behave the way they do. If nobody wanted them to they wouldn't.

But Suncorp Stadium is being sanitised as much as possible.

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
I told you Brisbane "fans" were precious. They have no passion anyway. Very much contented with just sitting there and showing no emotion. It's the same at the GAYFL too. Everything has become so proper and elitist. You should see the usual response when doing similar things to what you did Coxy. It's very much "Oh I daresay, who is this second class citizen?". On your best behaviour everyone.

It's annoyed me for years. I'd much rather just stay at home and watch it from there than be amongst a "crowd" of people who are there for the wrong reasons.

Brisbane fan culture is absolutely deplorable. The OA is the only release somewhat. They're relatively poor though.

Brisbane has an attitude problem. At least Sydney is slightly better in this regard.

Sorry to inform you of this SBBS, but I'd only watch a game live if in your presence. You've got it going in the right direction and have for years. Good job.

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
That's what it's always been like Rock. I simply don't understand it in any way, shape or form.

The Brisbane public can't absorb the surroundings and afford some noise and support at the same time. True story.

I've gone with some friends and they've told me "we're here to watch the game Silence". Well so was I, I can do both highly complicated tasks at the same time. Genius or what?

It's a very elitist attitude and you're absolutely right. I was definately under-stating with my previous statement.

As you say, if you do such a chant, you will be respected by only one rung up from a serial killer or I hate to say it, homeless person. It's sad.

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah, it sucks. You're not meant to feel embarassed for cheering for your team at its home ground.

Years ago it wasn't like that though - back in the old Lang Park days.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Even at ANZ Stadium it wasn't like that....although it was dead silent it wasn't for lack of trying! LOLZ

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Oh, people were cheering then, the players just couldn't hear them as they were too far away.

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
After going to the game at Skilled Park last week, I think the Titans have got the right idea with the Legion. Most, if not all of the Titans chants started from that area. If the Broncos marketed a section where people were encouraged to be loud and really get behind the team, and not be frowned upon by the rest of the stadium, I think that would go a long way towards improving the atmosphere.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Jazza said:
After going to the game at Skilled Park last week, I think the Titans have got the right idea with the Legion. Most, if not all of the Titans chants started from that area.

I honestly didn't hear a thing out of the Legion. The Broncos supporters easily outenthused them.

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
We did that in the Black Zone for those years. But it sucked because a heap of people there were only there because the tickets were free therefore kinda defeated the purpose. It was awesome though when everybody decided to get into it - but it should be a Broncos thing and not a XXXX promotion. Would look better if the supporters were wearing maroon and gold.

I too, didn't notice the Titans Legion all that much. We had heaps of very vocal Broncos supporters around us.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Jazza said:
After going to the game at Skilled Park last week, I think the Titans have got the right idea with the Legion. Most, if not all of the Titans chants started from that area. If the Broncos marketed a section where people were encouraged to be loud and really get behind the team, and not be frowned upon by the rest of the stadium, I think that would go a long way towards improving the atmosphere.

A number of us tried for years and years and years to get this kind of thing going. But we didn't get the support of the club in setting it up. They were only interested in it if it was a sponsor thing (ie The XXXX Black Zone) which they could make extra $$$$ out of. And really the black zone didn't work cause as BB77 said, most of those people were there on the back of free tickets and didn't really care anyway.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Clintos
  • jd87
  • mitch222
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • Financeguy
  • Mister Wright
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MasterWright
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.