MORE BANNERS!!!

I'm all for more banners....so long as they're not as ridiculously stupid as the Dragons army ones. Seriously, the GST one they have wasn't really funny when the GST first came in, it sure as shit isn't funny now many years later. I have asked my mate who is in the dragons army to pass on a message to the guy that owns that banner that it isn't funny, never was funny, and certainly won't be funny in the future and to please have him burn it....but apparently the guy thinks it's very witty and clever. Bloody dragons fans [icon_non

Yeah we've tried doing that too, but people can't agree on where to sit - everyone likes their section where they sit ATM and won't move.

Yep, plus there's people who would want to be involved in such a group that don't want to commit to a whole season ticket (financially, time constraints etc).

They used to have sections at ANZ Stadium which were like "Gorden Tallis Section" which were designed for fans who want to go apeshit. They need stuff like that, allow season members to sit in that area, allow flags and banners and paraphernalia in there, and only allow fans to buy individual tickets there via a special link through the club web site to try and ensure you don't get away fans there.

But, they simply aren't interested in creating that kind of atmosphere.

Yep that's what we tried to set up at Lang Park. Basically it is tagged as that area and people know BEFORE they buy tickets there that there will be flags/banners/chanting etc etc, so they can have no complaints about it. We didn't even want the club to do anything but designate the area (yes we were even going to let them pick where it was), but no; can't be bothered.

I think they'd only allow it in the cheapest of cheap seats. Wouldn't want to risk turning off big paying customers from the prestigious areas near half way (hence why the area we used to sit has been redesignated Maroon, when it was Blue while we were there).

All the points raised are what I was thinking.

With the way the club treats its so called supporters, why do you all bother?

It's always been about the football for me, but treating your fans well and making them happy/able to express themselves at games should be the top priority.

I know it's all about money (group ticketing arrangments being one such reminder) but seriously. Is it that hard to rake in the cash like a bunch of wanktards AND at least try and accomodate what your fans want?

It's not just issues regarding match day either as we've all brought up in the past.

It's really disgraceful.

Well basically they have been able to keep a really really large fan base without actually having to do much to keep them happy, so their attitude is they don't need to spend the time/money - they will still get the highest match attendances etc etc. It will only be when/if they have a massive loss in memberships and crowd attendances that they might actually start to do something for the fans - but by then it may be too late. I don't get how some businesses just don't seem to understand the concept of keeping your current customers happy being easier than attracting new ones. But hey it's mostly about the footy for me too, so I keep signing up for my membership.

It's worn very thin for me for too many years though now. I used to be really emotional on game day and in the week leading up to the games each week. I used to cry when we lost and get angry when others hung shit on the Brisbane club. I used to get that nervous feeling before games and used to feel tingly while watching, not being able to watch at some points.

Now I only have a passing interest. I feel nothing if we lose and don't go through the emotions.

The way the club operates simply killed the spirit for me and now I just see it as a group of blokes on a field who I'd like to see do well.

If you're wondering why I'm still here, it's because of that passing interest. I like to know what the deal is and the happenings going on with the club. I just don't have the passion to find out for myself or care otherwise.

I've been very open here, so I don't expect any "Just f*ck off Silence" remarks. Passing interest and very decent people on the whole keeps me here.

Yeah don't worry, I feel similarly. Every year I ask the question whether I should bother renewing my membership. I always do, but the fact I even have to consider it says a lot.

And while I still get into most games, it doesn't feel the same as it did in my younger more passionate days - except when someone supporting the opposition tags along and sits next to me...particularly if they just buy the opposition jersey at the gate THAT DAY :P

Who was it? Wanna smash 'em? :P

Seriously though, an evening/afternoon inside Suncorp Stadium is a very uninspiring and depressing experience naturally. This is coming from someone who used to really enjoy the matchday atmosphere in days long past. Even though this was at the somewhat unsuitable ANZ Stadium.

It only becomes enjoyable if the Brisbane side plays excessively well. icon_thumbs_u

I bet if we had Saturday night games the crowd would go off!!!! I was gettign death stars at Skilled stadium from the old ducks sitting near me. The only reason why Skilled seems more voacl is because it is so much smaller and really designed to trap the noise in.

I plan to make a "WOW YEH ITS YOW YEH" sign..

what do you guys reckon is to big? there are 5 of us sitting together

I will be making a banner for my beloved.. I just need to think of something that represents that great man.

"Kemp it up Broncos"

haha a play on the "Keep it up" :P

Emma said:
I'm all for more banners....so long as they're not as ridiculously stupid as the Dragons army ones. Seriously, the GST one they have wasn't really funny when the GST first came in, it sure as shit isn't funny now many years later. I have asked my mate who is in the dragons army to pass on a message to the guy that owns that banner that it isn't funny, never was funny, and certainly won't be funny in the future and to please have him burn it....but apparently the guy thinks it's very witty and clever. Bloody dragons fans [icon_non

Big ups to that guy. He follows them everywhere.

I've been told to sit down plenty of times. How rude. I will not sit down for you you dumb toffee

draggx said:
I plan to make a "WOW YEH ITS YOW YEH" sign..

what do you guys reckon is to big? there are 5 of us sitting together

Good on ya mate!

maybe you should make it "WOW YAY ITS YOW YEH" as the last 'yeh' in his name is actually pronounced 'yay'.

So I believe anyway? Can anyone confirm the pronounciation of Yow Yehs last name? Is it yay, yee or yeah?

Everyone pronounces it as a cross between 'yay' and 'yee'.

I think it should be pronounced YEAH!!!!!!!!!

That sounds much more awesome.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Lurker
  • animal eater
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • Ondi
  • Locky24
  • Strop
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
  • Jedhead
  • levikaden
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.