NBA 13/14 Season

I don't understand why the Bulls traded Deng for Bynum but got rid of Bynum anyway? Makes no sense.

Deng was bound to leave at the end of the season anyway when his contract expired, the trade was all about the handful of draft picks they got as well.

Something to do with the salary cap as I understand it, they must end up in a better situation if they trade for a player rather than just draft picks.

Ok, by Chicago trading Deng for Bynum their clear intention is to clear some cap space for this years Free Agency. Because Deng was going to leave after rejecting a contract extension offered to him, it was smart for Chicago to get something for him. In this case, they received 3 draft picks and Bynum. By receiving Bynum, the Bulls can (they already have) waive him in the attempt to clear even more cap space. Then they receive the picks which could turn out to be gun players, who knows? P.S There were multiple teams that wanted to trade for Bynum and waive him a few days later. Basically the Bulls can now sign a Free Agent of high calibre.

Put it this way, if they trade never happened, the Bulls would just have their cleared cap space and no picks. They basically did the trade for the draft picks.

Last edited:
Bulls have a desire to chase Melo however there is very little chance, their other options include bringing Wade home to Chicago where he can retire in his home down or chasing Lebron in hopes of creating a new dynasty. The most likely imo is Wade heads to the Bulls.

Melo will be either a Clipper or a Laker and Lebron will either go back to Cleveland or head to one of the LA teams, the era of the Heat ends this season and players will either go home or try and create something elsewhere.

My 2015 guesses.

Clippers - Melo
Lakers - Lebron
Bulls - Wade
Raptors - Bosh
Griz - P.Gasol

The two i'll be watching however to see where they go are Miller and Lowry while seeing what the Heat do with all that cap space. Their fans are fickle and won't hang around during a down season.

Hopefully the Bulls can pick up some talent. Rose seems to be their only star and he is always injured. They had high hopes for Butler but he has been injured and just not that good.

If good fortunes head their way, the Bulls could tank for Wiggins or Parker, whilst gaining a LeBron or Melo in the FA and amensitying Boozer. Although this scenario is HIGHLY unlikely, the line-up would consist of:
PG- Rose
SG- Butler
SF- Parker/Wiggins
PF- Melo
C- Noah
6th- Gibson

Barring any injury (once again, highly unlikely) this team would be down right beastly.

Bulls have a desire to chase Melo however there is very little chance, their other options include bringing Wade home to Chicago where he can retire in his home down or chasing Lebron in hopes of creating a new dynasty. The most likely imo is Wade heads to the Bulls.

Melo will be either a Clipper or a Laker and Lebron will either go back to Cleveland or head to one of the LA teams, the era of the Heat ends this season and players will either go home or try and create something elsewhere.

My 2015 guesses.

Clippers - Melo
Lakers - Lebron
Bulls - Wade
Raptors - Bosh
Griz - P.Gasol

The two i'll be watching however to see where they go are Miller and Lowry while seeing what the Heat do with all that cap space. Their fans are fickle and won't hang around during a down season.

I think that the Big three will stay in Miami if they at least make the finals.

I can't see any big name player wanting to go to Chicago, why play in the shadow of Jordan? Bulls fans have some delusional idea that they are a power club purely because of the 90s when Jackson, Pippen and Jordan came together. Every player is "the next Jordan" and hyped to shit but slammed the minute they stumble.

KD is the best player in the NBA today without a doubt.

As for Kobe well, yeah it blows but i'd rather he gets healthy and doesn't fizzle out an injured mess.

**** I hope Chicago get some good players for next year. A team full of nothing without Rose.

KD is the best player in the NBA today without a doubt.

LOL, haters.

Going enormous at the moment, but totally schooled by his peers in the 2012 finals, and played terribly by his standards in the playoffs last season. Definitely up there with the best but as if LeBron isn't the best player in the world at the moment. 4 weeks ago it wasn't even a discussion but then KD goes on his hot streak and suddenly here come the haters.

Got the better of the Heat today but wait until the finals. If OKC win, come back to this thread.

KD has taken his game to another level in the absence of Westbrook and carried his team, he is on an absolute role right now and at this point in standing head and shoulders above the rest of the NBA...

I'm not talking 2012 or even 2013, I'm talking this season and right now in the NBA when Durant is schooling the NBA and the Heat. Miami fans seem to cling onto previous years in this argument the same way Bulls fans cling on to the 90s when trying to claim the Bulls are a powerhouse. Hopefully althou unlikely when MVP voting comes around it's based on this season alone.

He's got a long way to go to be called the best in the League. We're not even at All-Star break yet and he's on a hot streak yes, but let's see if he can carry it into the postseason before calling him the best in the League. Might be the form player but he hasn't overtaken LeBron as the best yet, and I don't think he will.

Whats the talk of Kyrie Irving wanting out of Cleveland?? Where would he end up if he did leave?

Knicks, Heat and Lakers is what I hear. But those 3 get thrown up all the time so wouldn't take it too seriously.

No chance of Lebron going back to Cleveland if Uncle Drew ain't there!!

In response to [MENTION=8282]symbolsoup[/MENTION] I like you was disappointed that Lebron got sucked into the ego battle with KD. KD will win that 9 times out of 10. Lebron's briliance is more about athleticism so a shooting battle isn't his strong point. The best thing about him is how he can get players around him to play so well, like Mike Miller and Shane Battier in big finals matches. He always learns that though and especially in the postseason.

Knicks, Heat and Lakers is what I hear. But those 3 get thrown up all the time so wouldn't take it too seriously.

No chance of Lebron going back to Cleveland if Uncle Drew ain't there!!

Yeah I did a quick online search and the Knicks were the team that came up the most because Irving grew up in New Jersey.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • lynx000
  • FACTHUNT
  • Astro
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Thelmus
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.