Neil Henry quits Maroons post to focus on North Queensland

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html
North Queensland Cowboys coach Neil Henry has quit as Mal Meninga's right-hand man with the Queensland State of Origin team to focus on the NRL.

Henry's role as head coach Meninga's assistant coincided with the Maroons' unprecedented four straight Origin series wins since 2006.

The Cowboys boss is widely credited with adding the tactical nous to Meninga's inspirational presence.

Who will replace him?

Cowboys strength and conditioning coach Billy Johnstone will also step down from his role with the Maroons, which he has held since 1998.

Maybe time for Bennett to jump back in?

nope imo Bennett needs to now stay away from Origin and Test, Start to wind down and let a Young coach come in and make a name for himself.

if we had Bennett do it this year he would prob quit before next year.

I have no idea who could replace Henry, it really sucks that he's stepping down. I don't think Bennett should return and there is no way Meninga should be doing the coaching IMO.

Are there any Queenslanders out there who would be suitable for it? Cause I can't think of anyone...

Scotty said:
I have no idea who could replace Henry, it really sucks that he's stepping down. I don't think Bennett should return and there is no way Meninga should be doing the coaching IMO.

Are there any Queenslanders out there who would be suitable for it? Cause I can't think of anyone...

Henjak, And let Alfie steph down from QLD and he can coach Brisbane while henjak is away, is Henjak qld?

I'd say Henjak is a bit raw for Origin at the moment.

Big loss, Henry moreso than Johnstone. Mal is a great coach but I don't know how he'd go as a tactician.

No idea who would replace Henry, my only thought is Bennett but I doubt he would.

IH you crazy? He'll need to be focusing on NRL coaching for a bit yet and more so the Broncs! We are at an important phase here!

WB is not the answer - for one, he's not really technical anyway, so it wouldn't really be a 'Neil Henry' replacement. Furthermore QLD dont need him AND he's not really QLD's long term future by any means + I think he wants a title with the Dragons.

Bring in someone fresh IMO.

So you call me crazy for throwing a name in. And then fail to give us an option yourself.

I wonder how Andrew Dunemann would do? He showed that he is an astute tactician when he was the Northern Pride coach, he's now an assistant coach at Newcastle.

I would love to see a successful QLD Cup coach get the gig, good experience and something a little bit different.

Actually Gymp your onto something. Since Big Mal doesnt Coach a NRL club. Maybe digging into the Qcup would work with that.

Now someone list the QCup coach's and their records.

Please don't shoot me down if you think it's ridiculous, but what about John Lang? Although since it's his first year back after a lengthy absence, I'd say he'll want to focus on stupid souths.

my only problem is 1, No idea if he still has it. and 2. Not a long term option. We need someone for 5yrs

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.