Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
But at the Broncos, as soon as the players try to do what every other team gets away with, they get penalised.
Or they change the rules to completely ban it once we catch up. I’m not saying I want Wane here, was more responding to how English coaches are viewed on here and as a Wigan fan I was adding context I guess. He would be the one English coach who wouldn’t completely struggle here

After the Seibold fiasco it’s my concern we all become gun shy in terms of anything new in either coaching or indeed coaches. Slipping back towards the status quo of mediocrity and the doldrums of middle of the road teams would be a pisser. Stay strong, take the chance and don’t **** up this time.

Peter Gentle, when asked if he would be applying for the Broncos head coaching gig:

"Not a chance," he said.

"I have still got a year to run on my contract and I know how this game works with a new coach coming in. What will be, will be.

"You can have the head coaching role. I was head coach in Hull for a couple of years and it takes you away from the hands-on coaching.

"There is a lot of peripheral stuff you have to look after whereas as an assistant coach you are dealing with the players one-on-one.

"You are a nobody, which is fine by me. Head coaching is becoming more and more like the Premier League with a manager."

Very interesting quotes, don't think I've ever seen an assistant coach be so forthright about their lack of interesting in head coaching.

Peter Gentle, when asked if he would be applying for the Broncos head coaching gig:

Very interesting quotes, don't think I've ever seen an assistant coach be so forthright about their lack of interesting in head coaching.

In this case he has good reason.

The only English coach I remember working as head coach in the NRL is Mal Reilly at the Knights. I don't remember the circumstances of his appointment there (i.e. whether the Knights were a basket case or not), but his results were pretty good. It's surprising that it seemingly hasn't happened again since.

From memory, Tommy Bishop, the great GB test half back coached the Sharks in the 70's as player coach and then non-playing coach. He brought in the English prop Cliff Watson to great effect. I remember Cliffy. Brutal bastard. Just what the Sharks needed back then. I also remember he coached Norths Devils in 1974 and now lives in Redcliff.

My god I'm old 😁

And to you show just how old, I was at the this match in 1966 when I was 13.

Compare the game to now. No more biff but plenty of ball movement. Also Artie Beetson's 1st test. He kicked from half way for winger Johnny King to score. What a prop. Great match, and Cliff Watson got sent off for kicking Peter Dimond, Australia's centre, the guy who famously king hit Father John Cootes in a City-Country game in 1967. I was there too. Cootes was on the ground and Dimond just went in and punched him out .. and got sent off.

Here's a pic of Dimond. Opposition centres quaked in their boots with this running at them. Steel studs too.

Peter Dimond

Last edited:
Morris, White and the board who got us into this mess by choosing Seibold should forfeit their rights in picking the next coach. They should give themselves an uppercut followed by a super combo move

Morris, White and the board who got us into this mess by choosing Seibold should forfeit their rights in picking the next coach. They should give themselves an uppercut followed by a super combo move

Somebody has to pick the coach

So we appoint another spud and in 12 months time Bellamy says no to the Broncos. Really smart idea.

they'll have his signature before they go down the route of appointing an interim coach

Last edited:
Lol Bellamy. Sooner we appoint a coach the sooner they can go to town on XerriRoids

Last edited:
If the board are actually trying to get Bellamy they’re even dumber than I thought

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • teampjta
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dazza 92
  • FACTHUNT
  • winslow_wong
  • bazza
  • Fatboy
  • bert_lifts
  • BroncosMan
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • cento
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.