NFL 2013/2014 discussion

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
49ers in Week one! Best way to start a season, knocking off the runner ups ;)

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Looking forward to send the Green Bay pretenders packing first off... :001_tt2:

Pretty happy with the schedule, even if the first 5 weeks will be a test. Actually, that first month of footy would be a perfect time to visit San Francisco and make a couple of detours to Seattle and Saint Louis. Would love to make game against the Colts, who are my 2nd favorite team.

The away games don't look the toughest either, besides the Seahawks of course, which will probably be decisive for not only the division, but probably the conference too.

The last 5 weeks will definitely show where we are with three tough games, albeit all at home and 2 "easier" games away. It could set us up nicely for the Conference title!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Carolina up against Seattle first up. Doubt we will be winning that one but should win in week 2 against the Buffs

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

vernon-davis-crying.jpg

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Pretty happy with the schedule, even if the first 5 weeks will be a test. Actually, that first month of footy would be a perfect time to visit San Francisco and make a couple of detours to Seattle and Saint Louis. Would love to make game against the Colts, who are my 2nd favorite team.

The away games don't look the toughest either, besides the Seahawks of course, which will probably be decisive for not only the division, but probably the conference too.

The last 5 weeks will definitely show where we are with three tough games, albeit all at home and 2 "easier" games away. It could set us up nicely for the Conference title!

Send us packing as winners? Exactly what I was thinking

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I'll ask the question again bitches... Did it hurt? :finger:

1366443930.jpg

Get ready for more of the same!

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Some good games to kick off the season, Ravens-Broncos, Niners-Packers, Saints-Falcons, Dolphins-Browns... Well, maybe not that last one.

Not that thrilled to meet Atlanta first up, though at least it's in the Dome. Need to get the win there or chase all season.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
draft this week, the only part of the season thats any good for a guy who supports a shit team. maybe we might get better!

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Not really that many exciting prospects out there...

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
There's some good depth along the d-line and amongst the edge rushers. Looks to be some good talent on the o-line at the top of the first round as well. Not as good as far as the skill positions go, particularly at QB. Won't stop teams reaching for one or two, of course...

My Saints want defensive help in the worst way, so it looks pretty good for them. They'll still manage to pick a bust, I'm sure. Actually, if one of the top OTs fell far enough I wouldn't mind if they pulled the trigger there. Obviously Joeckel won't make it past the first two or three picks, and though I'd love it if Fisher was available he won't be far behind. If Lane Johnson slides, though, he wouldn't be a bad pick.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I reckon the 49ers will look at their secondary D first, O-line second and whatever is left will be backup really...

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Guys NFL.COM have a free trial for the Gamepass from now until the 28th

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Following the Draft on twitter. Got no clue about it but was interesting what people had to say about some picks. Apparently the Bills picked a dud QB at 16 .

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I'm happy we traded down and managed to get a pick in the 2nd round as well :)

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I knew the 49'ers would take care of the secondary D first, but I hope this guy is worth it. Anyone know more about Eric Reid?

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
I'm happy we traded down and managed to get a pick in the 2nd round as well :)

Always good to get out of the top ten if you're not sold on a player, but it seemed to me they didn't get much for that pick - a direct first round swap and a second, right? I'd have wanted to see more than that, if it was only a couple late rounders. Look what the Vikings gave up just to get back into the tail end of the first round - I think it was a second, third, fourth and seventh. Belichick is a shrewd bastard, though. Loves acquiring picks.

Happy with the pick the Saints made in the top rated safety. None of the top OTs were still on the board, and though there were a couple of pass rushers and DTs I don't think that's necessarily as big a need as some make out. Hopefully Vaccaro will be the playmaker in the secondary we've been sorely lacking since Sharper retired. I'd have to think they'd at least look at shopping Roman Harper now.

Interesting first round, in the end. Big run on offensive linemen at the top, Geno Smith slides into the second day (along with Manti Te'o, who the NFL Network guys would not shut up about), Bills reach for a QB (maybe, we'll see how that plays out), a few customary surprises. Be keen to see how days two and three play out now.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Gaz
  • Painin the Haas
  • Matheos
  • Maroon4life
  • BruiserMk1
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.