NFL 2013/2014 discussion

That's fair enough, but I think you can very rarely blame one decision for the outcome of a game. The Niners had plenty of time to win it after that - and the Saints still needed to get in field goal range twice to ice it, and they did so relatively easily. Besides, no telling what would have happened had the turnover stood. The way the Saints' D was playing I wouldn't have been surprised if they held the Niners to a field goal there, and it's still a one possession game after that.

Talking about the D - I was really impressed with our line. I was under the impression that the SF o-line was pretty damn good, but the Saints big guys were getting penetration all day. It was a really physical game, and sounded like an awesome atmosphere.

Last edited:
Yay Panthers!

Great week for NFL. Raiders win, Pats lose, Vick still isn't a starter.

Funny, I thought that was SF's inability to run the ball coupled with Kaepernick's inability to throw for yardage despite the Saints stacking eight in the box all day and being down a starting CB for over half the game! In truth the Niners were lucky to even be close. Both TDs came after the Saints gifted them excellent field position (although I'll admit that Brooks' interception was a freakishly athletic play) and that's not even considering Corey White's pick-six-that-wasn't....

Yeah kaepernick sucks. SF should trade him to Green Bay immediately... As in before this coming round

Yeah kaepernick sucks. SF should trade him to Green Bay immediately... As in before this coming round

No fucking way, I'd rather lose for the remainder of the season than have that pretty boy in the Green.

No fucking way, I'd rather lose for the remainder of the season than have that pretty boy in the Green.

Big call char. I mean I hate kaepernick as much as the next guy, but the whole season?

Kaepernick is a ****. Nobody wants the grub.

Some serious jealousy out there...

I'm open for that trade though, Rodgers does love the 49ers!

Last edited:
Some serious jealousy out there...

I'm open for that trade though, Rodgers does love the 49ers!

**** no! You had your chance and chose Alex smith... Just let that sink in

Wait, jealousy over Kaepernick? B4L is delusional. The rest of us are just realistic.

That's fair enough, but I think you can very rarely blame one decision for the outcome of a game. The Niners had plenty of time to win it after that - and the Saints still needed to get in field goal range twice to ice it, and they did so relatively easily. Besides, no telling what would have happened had the turnover stood. The way the Saints' D was playing I wouldn't have been surprised if they held the Niners to a field goal there, and it's still a one possession game after that.

Talking about the D - I was really impressed with our line. I was under the impression that the SF o-line was pretty damn good, but the Saints big guys were getting penetration all day. It was a really physical game, and sounded like an awesome atmosphere.
Oh come on. There was about 3 minutes to go. With that field position, it's quite likely the niners would've got at least a field goal, which would've meant more than a score for the Saints to catch up with less time on the clock. Nothing is impossible, but while the niners attack is struggling, their defense is still a match to Drew Brees playing at home!

Instead, the Saints got marched up 15 yards and practically got gifted the field goal... seems that I'm not the only one thinking that way:

Reaction To Brooks' Hit On Brees - ESPN Video - ESPN

Well for a start, three minutes is an eternity in the NFL. The Saints still had all three timeouts and the two minute warning. The Niners may have gotten a field goal, but given the way the Saints defense was playing on the fourth quarter, that might be wishful thinking. Let's not forget that Kaepernick had his own chance to win it or at least force overtime and couldn't manage even a single first down. But, okay, the Niners get a field goal, get up by six. They still likely leave time for Brees and Payton, to have another shot, and now they're playing for the TD, not a field goal - although to be fair when they were only playing for the field goal Brees still was slinging it, including a gorgeous twenty yard strike to Colston. But I'm sure as you say the vaunted Niners defense that had only given up almost 400 yards on the day would have held....

But in the end this is all hypothetical because the correct call was made and the Saints finished a game the Niners couldn't.

Looking at the playoff sitch, it looks like one or 2 pretty decent teams are going to miss the playoffs from the NFC side while one pretty mediocre team from the AFC is going to make it! Hopefully that team is Oakland :)

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  • Browny
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.