NFL 2014/15 Discussion

Torrey Smith to the 49ers, finally something for [MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION] to be happy about.

Julius Thomas signs with the jags and the Broncos pick up Owen Daniels as a replacement.

WTF is going on? This year's FAT is nuts!

I never said Brady was shit, I just said that Brady's system has helped him more than Manning's has helped Peyton.

Both are all time greats, but from what I have seen, Peyton is better.

Every team is built around your QB. Your QB is the reason for your systems success. Bradys superior record and numbers out weight anything that Manning can put up. Brady's ability to make ordinary WRs look good is a product of the system that allows BB to focus on stacking the defence because he knows Brady is going to get the job done for him on offence regardless of who he is throwing to. Reason why the broncos got smacked in the last couple of years is because Peyton is relying heavily on the outstanding WRs so they have a paper thin defence.
The numbers and records just don't lie in this argument to point out that Brady is better. The rings and his playoff record prove it

Forget rings, I've already told you they don't matter when we are comparing individual players.

Show me the numbers that prove Brady is better. I can't imagine what they would be given that Manning has it over Brady in:

MVP's
Career Completion Pct
Career Yards thrown
Career TD's thrown
Career QB rating
Single Season TD's thrown
Single season yards thrown

and a bunch more, you can look it all up.

Here is your stats

Playoffs (career)
Most games played - 29
Most games started for a quarterback - 29
Most games won as starting quarterback - 21
Most touchdown passes - 53
Most yards gained - 7,345
Most passes completed - 683
Most passes attempted - 1,085
Most division titles for a starting quarterback - 12
Most playoff wins for a starting quarterback - 21
Most NFL conference championship appearances for a starting quarterback - 9
Most NFL conference championship wins a starting quarterback - 6

Super Bowl (career)
Most touchdown passes - 13
Most yards gained - 1,605
Most passes completed - 164
Most passes attempted - 247
Most passes completed in first half of a single Super Bowl - 20
Most passes completed in a single Super Bowl - 37
Most Super Bowl appearances - 6 (tied with Mike Lodish)

Hell, if you want to compare meaningless numbers through the season, Vinny Testaverde is a top 10 qb for season stats. Yeah, he isn't making anyone's list anytime soon. QBs are rated on how well they handle pressure in big game situations, Mannings 11-13 record in playoff games is embarrassing compared to Bradys 21-8. That is elite. Elite QBs get the job done in the big games and take home the rings. Eli has a better success at being a big time player than Peyton. In fact, Peytons only superbowl win came when he threw 3 TDs and had 7 picks in 4 playoff games and indi's defence was really the only reason they won the superbowl. For the supposedly greatest qb of all time he is hyped up to be, he certainly doesn't show it when it counts

Montana's Superbowl stats are amazing. To go 11 TDs with no picks in 4 games plus you won them all is an amazing stat.

Also some other news today

Jake Locker retired. Guess this means the Titans are going to use their number 2 pick on a qb now but stranger things have happened.
Revis just signed with the jets for big money. A huge loss to the patriots defence but knowing BB, he will have a contingency plan up his sleeve.
Chip Kelly continues to trade away eagles players at will. He will be sacked it they do bad this year that I'm certain of.

The Raides have signed Roy Helu. They've still got lots of $$

Niners reportedly chasing Reggie Bush.

Carolina are doing nothing in FA as usual. Signed The Blindside guy Michael Oher who is at least an upgrade on Byron Bell and also picked up Ted Ginn jr who is a decent KR. Now they are hosting Jarrett Boykin.

Here is your stats

Playoffs (career)
Most games played - 29
Most games started for a quarterback - 29
Most games won as starting quarterback - 21
Most touchdown passes - 53
Most yards gained - 7,345
Most passes completed - 683
Most passes attempted - 1,085
Most division titles for a starting quarterback - 12
Most playoff wins for a starting quarterback - 21
Most NFL conference championship appearances for a starting quarterback - 9
Most NFL conference championship wins a starting quarterback - 6

Super Bowl (career)
Most touchdown passes - 13
Most yards gained - 1,605
Most passes completed - 164
Most passes attempted - 247
Most passes completed in first half of a single Super Bowl - 20
Most passes completed in a single Super Bowl - 37
Most Super Bowl appearances - 6 (tied with Mike Lodish)

Hell, if you want to compare meaningless numbers through the season, Vinny Testaverde is a top 10 qb for season stats. Yeah, he isn't making anyone's list anytime soon. QBs are rated on how well they handle pressure in big game situations, Mannings 11-13 record in playoff games is embarrassing compared to Bradys 21-8. That is elite. Elite QBs get the job done in the big games and take home the rings. Eli has a better success at being a big time player than Peyton. In fact, Peytons only superbowl win came when he threw 3 TDs and had 7 picks in 4 playoff games and indi's defence was really the only reason they won the superbowl. For the supposedly greatest qb of all time he is hyped up to be, he certainly doesn't show it when it counts

We both clearly have different criteria. If you think Eli is a better QB than Peyton because he has more rings, then I'm done discussing this.

We both clearly have different criteria. If you think Eli is a better QB than Peyton because he has more rings, then I'm done discussing this.

I don't think Eli is the better QB than Peyton but he does have a better record in big games. The fact is, you rate Peyton the best QB you've seen but besides the stats he has accumulated in the normal season, he has failed pretty much every year in the playoffs. Brady on the other hand has excelled in the post season which is what the big difference between the players is. Anyone can post big numbers in the season but the elite can do it in the post season as well and Peytons record speaks for itself, he often chokes in the big games. IMO, there should be a fairly considerable weight shown to a players ability to lead his team to the Superbowl and win it.

I don't think Eli is the better QB than Peyton but he does have a better record in big games. The fact is, you rate Peyton the best QB you've seen but besides the stats he has accumulated in the normal season, he has failed pretty much every year in the playoffs. Brady on the other hand has excelled in the post season which is what the big difference between the players is. Anyone can post big numbers in the season but the elite can do it in the post season as well and Peytons record speaks for itself, he often chokes in the big games. IMO, there should be a fairly considerable weight shown to a players ability to lead his team to the Superbowl and win it.

I agree on this point. Whilst I still think you are actually arguing about who is the 2nd best quarterback in the league right now, Peytons legacy does have to take a bit of a hit based on the fact he can't replicate his sensational regular season form in the post season

I like this [MENTION=8605]mitch222[/MENTION] bloke!

I agree on this point. Whilst I still think you are actually arguing about who is the 2nd best quarterback in the league right now, Peytons legacy does have to take a bit of a hit based on the fact he can't replicate his sensational regular season form in the post season

No one is arguing about who is better now, we are discussing all time. Rodgers isn't there yet. But yes, he is the best right now.

If Rodgers can continue his production for another 5-6 years plus add one or two more rings, he most certainly could enter the debate for one of the best ever

Active Now

• Xzei
  • MrMoore
  • Lostboy
  • Old Mate
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.