NFL 2018 Discussion

Man that defence, why on earth wouldn’t they put Butler in? Some of those missed tackles on 3rd down were ones Butler never misses. The defence really cost Brady big time, he had an epic game.

Philly were great too, was a really good game. Except for our defence - but they were rubbish all year, I wasn’t even surprised today. Gilmore was good tho, that’s something.

Of course it's purposely ignored? That doesn't change the accuracy in anyway what so over. I don't understand your point here? I'll just put it down to your "clever" timing of response...

No complaints from me regarding the hit on Cooks. Fair shot. Cooks was unlucky.

I get it - you don't like the Pats. I don't like the Saints - but try and find my post poking fun after they got knocked out.

Timing wasn't designed to rub anything in, I just haven't been around much, but definitely sorry if it seemed that way. Certainly your statement is true enough, but I was just trying to point out it was a little redundant. The only people that bring up Spygate are non-Pats fans... Well, yeah. Why would Pats fans bring it up? I took the long way around to a simple point, and I clearly should have done a little editing before I hit post, because I barely made any sense up there. My bad.

I don't really dislike the Pats - to be honest I don't really anything them. Spygate and deflategate leave a bad taste in mouth, but so does bountygate, and that was my team. I'll defend them, but I'll also admit they were bloody stupid. Regardless, the Pats are a great team that just plain know how to win, but I do find it boring when they do so time after time, and I also loved the Eagles story this year - they overcame adversity and won the Superbowl with a backup QB who took out the MVP. To me that's just a better story than, 'Brady wins it again'. Also, the Pats humiliated the Falcons last year, and for that I'll always have a tiny little soft spot in my heart for them. So commiserations. I know it must suck.

Certainly never meant to imply you ragged on the Saints but happy if you do. That was no way to go out and it'll haunt me for years to come, but honestly it's also ripe for some ridicule. That was one hell of a comical miss, provided you're not a Saints fan. But better days ahead, hopefully.

Anyway, when is kickoff 2018?

Spygate has been disproven and Deflategate was such a non-story witch hunt, but yeah let's go on with those stories.

I like how some sections of the media are saying this loss proves that Montana is better than Brady, because somehow winning more AFC championships makes him not as good, especially when the reasons they lost the 3 super bowls has nothing to do with Brady. Argh, haters gonna hate.

I do think this game tips me into the "Bellichick is good because of Brady" camp rather than "Brady is good because of Bellichick". If not for Brady the Pats are out of this game by half time, and we only beat the Falcons on the back of Brady's poise.

Spygate has been disproven and Deflategate was such a non-story witch hunt, but yeah let's go on with those stories.

Changing the way a ball travels through the air without your opponent's knowledge is cheating. Pats fans are the only ones that refuse to accept this.

especially when the reasons they lost the 3 super bowls has nothing to do with Brady. Argh, haters gonna hate.

I would say fumbling the ball in the final minutes, handing the ball to the opponent to then take the lead would have a fair bit to do with Brady, but that's just me.[/QUOTE]

Changing the way a ball travels through the air without your opponent's knowledge is cheating. Pats fans are the only ones that refuse to accept this.

I would say fumbling the ball in the final minutes, handing the ball to the opponent to then take the lead would have a fair bit to do with Brady, but that's just me.

It was allegedly about grip more than how it travels through the air. I think everyone will agree Brady has no issues throwing the ball - even at 40.

And you're wrong. The game was lost because our defence didn't turn up all game. Way too many 3rd down conversions that should have been stopped, and just general poor play. Whilst the fumble didn't help, if our defence turned up to play then it wouldn't have been an issue. They made Foles look like Brady.

And so the butt hurt continues. I’m fine with my QB and his 5 epic rings.

I like how some sections of the media are saying this loss proves that Montana is better than Brady, because somehow winning more AFC championships makes him not as good, especially when the reasons they lost the 3 super bowls has nothing to do with Brady. Argh, haters gonna hate.

I do think this game tips me into the "Bellichick is good because of Brady" camp rather than "Brady is good because of Bellichick". If not for Brady the Pats are out of this game by half time, and we only beat the Falcons on the back of Brady's poise.
Wash your mouth when you speak of the real and only GOAT!

I wonder if he got told B.B. is on the out and he’s next in line?

That's one theory floating around. We'll take Bellichick and you can keep McGutless.

Not a good look by McDaniels.
The Pats should keep him for 20 years cause there won't be too many teams looking towards him for a HC position.
He may have PTSD after his Denver experience.

11-5 with Matt Cassell says otherwise.

Spygate has been disproven? Maybe in fantasyland but not in the real world.

To compound this excellent week in the NFL, the 49'ers and Garoppolo have put pen to paper and Jimmy will be our QB for the next 5 years. :superhappythumbsup:

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Morkel
  • Organix
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Foordy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncos4life
  • Nerd
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • bazza
  • Fozz
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.