Norman signs with the Eels!

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
http://www.nrl.com/eels-sign-young-bronco-norman/tabid/10874/newsid/71345/default.aspx

"Parramatta have signed young Brisbane Broncos fullback Corey Norman on a three-year deal starting in the 2014 NRL season.The Eels are expected to confirm Norman's signing at a press conference in Sydney on Monday afternoon after finalising some contract details over the weekend.
It's understood the 21 year-old, who's been in the Broncos system since he was a teenager and identified as Darren Lockyer's five-eighth replacement, has signed for close to $1.5 million until 2016."

Good for him .....

.. now lets get Dugan :thumbup1:

Im glad we didnt sign him for that much. He hasnt played a half decent game since his debut. In all honesty he has shown minimal talent IMO

Drop him to Q cup give kahu a go on wing and put Hoffman back at fb

YES!!!!!!!! Yes yes yes

YEEEESSSSSSS

so surely this has to go down as one of the most over-inflated contracts in history, right? $500k a season for a guy who has been very mediocre at best, but disappointing most of the time.

Seems like a lot of coin for a guy who hasn't lived up to all of his so-called potential with us.

What's the bet he goes gangbusters for Ricky though :glare:

$1.5 Mill... Wow! That can't be right?

If Parra have paid that much for Norman they are seriously deluded. He's worth 300K tops and that's only due to the rise in cap and he has actually played 5/8 for more than 3 games.

Have fun with that signing Parra.

yes this is up there with adam blair in terms of stupid money spent.

so surely this has to go down as one of the most over-inflated contracts in history, right? $500k a season for a guy who has been very mediocre at best, but disappointing most of the time.
Well, the Eels are desperate to sign someone ... anyone

I wasn't a big critic like most on here, but good riddance for that kind of money. Crazy amount!

Time for Norman to be dropped to Q-Cup. I can only hope this is a sign that we are going after Dugan now, otherwise we are going to have to go back to Hoffman, who whilst good on the wing, still isn't a top class fullback.

Also curious, Sandow, Norman, Hayne and Hopoate all on big money. Either Hopoate is going to be forced to be wasted at centre or wing, or one of Hayne or Hopoate will potentially leave?

So this hopefully means that he's out of the side. It would make sense to keep him in it if he was good, but he isn't. I'm guessing this means that Hoffman goes back there, but I'm still hoping Bond gets a chance, as unlikely as it is.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • DrGee
  • Battler
  • Volvo Driver
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.