NRL 2022 Finals Week 1 Discussion

Enjoyed the footy this weekend.
Missing the days when we were a part of games like this.

Think I actually 🤢want🤢🤢raiders 🤮to go all the🤮🤮way🤮🤮 this year🤮
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

The most lazy statement you could make about that game is ‘the ref lost control’ ..

That would have been an excellent game 10 years ago, pity the game can't be played that way anymore. The Roosters tried their best to turn it into a dog fight but it backfired on them and their players couldn't handle the physicality of the contest. They've been at full gear for months now, it was always going to take it's toll and we saw that when Tedesco, Tupou, Taukeiaho and Crichton went down.

There were really bizarre moments in the game and I think the NRL owes the fans a please explain on certain refereeing interpretations and rule clauses but this has to be the type of game that brings in changes. I don't think in the current environment, 17 players is enough. I know an 18th man was activated but there's got to be a better way to manage that.

I thought Klein/Bunker had a good game. The sin bins were all reasonable and tbh half the tries were scored by the team who were a player short anyway. It was one of those finals where I'd struggle to see either team being able to back up for another win next week.

NRL has to explore rule changes around a player being hit high illegally like tedesco and souths benefiting.
If a player fails his HIA from an incident on report then the reported player should also play no further part.
His team still plays with 13 and 3 on the bench but he sits out the game as well.

I thought Klein/Bunker had a good game. The sin bins were all reasonable and tbh half the tries were scored by the team who were a player short anyway. It was one of those finals where I'd struggle to see either team being able to back up for another win next week.

I don't agree with this idea someone can get binned twice, if you get binned twice you should be sent off.

The sin bins were all reasonable
Tatola's sin-bin was an absolute joke of a decision.

Imagine if that interpretation had ever existed during Hodges' time.

Mind you, Latrell should have been binned for trying to captain's challenge a call he couldn't. Maybe it's my persecution complex speaking, but I can't recall any other team copping a sin-bin in that situation other than the Broncos against the Warriors.

NRL has to explore rule changes around a player being hit high illegally like tedesco and souths benefiting.
If a player fails his HIA from an incident on report then the reported player should also play no further part.
His team still plays with 13 and 3 on the bench but he sits out the game as well.
It would be immediately exploited where a bit-part player "fails" their HIA after Cam Murray hits him high.

He's sending those players to the bin specifically because he lost control of the game.

I don't remember seeing something in the rule book that a player can be binned, because the ref is losing control of the game.

I don't agree with this idea someone can get binned twice, if you get binned twice you should be sent off.
It's like the third time Radley has been binned twice in a game... first against us last year, once earlier this year and then again today

Great game to watch, but the amount of blokes refusing to play the ball because they got hit high really made it feel like soccer.

The NRL must bring in a rule in the off season, if you are unable to get up and play the ball, you clearly need to be assessed by a doctor, so should be taken from the field for a HIA.

Thats my take. Use a system like football where its basically like a yellow card. 2 of them and you are off for the game.
I thought it was like that when Radley was binned twice last year against us

He's sending those players to the bin specifically because he lost control of the game.

I don't remember seeing something in the rule book that a player can be binned, because the ref is losing control of the game.
I don't think it helped Klein's cause that players started to circumvent him and exploit the video referee. It was clear that Klein wanted to let the game flow as best as he could, but the video referee was intervening and taking the game out of his hands.

Mind you, Latrell should have been binned for trying to captain's challenge a call he couldn't. Maybe it's my persecution complex speaking, but I can't recall any other team copping a sin-bin in that situation other than the Broncos against the Warriors.

I was under the impression that what Latrell did was an automatic sin bin after the farce in the Titans v Eels game.

It would be immediately exploited where a bit-part player "fails" their HIA after Cam Murray hits him high.
Why would you have a bit player on the field hoping for a good player to hit them high.
Any player that hits high and has to sit out the game would stop doing or become a liability.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Stix
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Astro
  • lynx000
  • mrtij
  • kman
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Jazza
  • Fatboy
  • Manifesto
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.