NRL 2022 Round 1 Discussion

Nice to see halves combining with 20-30m passes instead of the middle forward getting in the way

48 points scored by halftime, the defensive coaches are tearing their hair out.

This is a real shoot out. The Titans certainly have the arsenal. Shame about their defence mechanisms. Parramatta a definite top 4 side this season. GC are a dark horse and will finish above .500.

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
62.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sup42 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 7, 2012
REACTIONS: 52,614
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
But for a fluke kick off the goal posts this would be even closer.

Titans did really well to get back into it with the fast start by the Eels.

To be fair, this is a typical Titans game

They can score some incredible tries but they can concede really easily too

I thought they'd have knuckled down in the pre-season and really put an emphasis on defense but apparently not

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
4167.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]3rdstriker - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .November 10, 2014
REACTIONS: 934
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
Titans seem to be playing a brand of footy at a level we should be at.
Early days but the Titans are looking like they could upset a few teams this season.

I reckon half the problem down that edge is Marzhew and Herbert to be fair. Thompson seems to be the calming influence on that edge but got ruled out late.

I reckon half the problem down that edge is Marzhew and Herbert to be fair. Thompson seems to be the calming influence on that edge but got ruled out late.
It’s also parra’s strength…for a few seasons now Gutho and Moses are much more comfortable trying some quick passing out to Sivo’s wing

If you did video analysis on 3/4 titans tries conceded last year guaranteed you'd find fifita walking in background with that depressed/confused look on his face....

Strange that capewell has fixed our problem yet the 1 consistent player who was there this and last year isn't part of the problem for the titans because he's a 2nd rower?

Aside from lock/hooker (normally dictate line speed) and fullback (organise and communicate), 2nd row is the most important defensive position on the field. Riki has obviously worked on his and capewell is there now and all of a sudden we go from 1 game last year conceding less then 19 points, to 4 points... 1 game but definite improvement.

If you did video analysis on 3/4 titans tries conceded last year guaranteed you'd find fifita walking in background with that depressed/confused look on his face....

Strange that capewell has fixed our problem yet the 1 consistent player who was there this and last year isn't part of the problem for the titans because he's a 2nd rower?

Aside from lock/hooker (normally dictate line speed) and fullback (organise and communicate), 2nd row is the most important defensive position on the field. Riki has obviously worked on his and capewell is there now and all of a sudden we go from 1 game last year conceding less then 19 points, to 4 points... 1 game but definite improvement.

I think surprisingly for Fifita he has done a bit of dirty work today. Last year he certainty wasn't doing that much at all. His issue will be to do it all year and i have my doubts he can.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • PETERN
  • sooticus
  • Fozz
  • johnny plath
  • Alec
  • Behind enemy lines
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.