NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 15 Discussion

Payne haas: "I wAnT 2 wIN a premIerSHip" so he will join the 9th placed roosters for less* money...

Also... Ezra mam is light years ahead of walker already. Just waiting for walker to have drug charges or controversy at the end of the year and it free up 3 million for them to sign the Roosters Junior Ezra mam
Lets not forget Walkers debut season.

Yeah as far as I saw, Walker is still being used in the same role as last year. The Roosters have a hierarchy and Hutchinson and Walker both rank behind Tedesco and Manu in terms of importance. What that allows is for Walker to have a license to play some footy and while he had some moments I thought his edge forwards let him down.

Otherwise it was Teddy and Manu leading the play. They tried hard but the attack was very scratchy and they weren't testing the Eels on the edges where they can be vulnerable. Especially in that second half, it seemed about attacking the edge and then trying to slice through the middle with angled runs from Verrills, Watson and Tedesco.

It was always going to be tough. Sydney missing JWH, Radley, Keary and then they go onto lose both the Butcher brothers, they did really well not to concede any points in that second half.

Excuse Me What GIF by Nickelodeon
How to score a try against the roosters: run it at Sam walker....
Or are you forgetting defence?

How to score a try against the roosters: run it at Sam walker....
Or are you forgetting defence?

And if you isolate Ezra in the defensive line, you'll score tries against him as well. Exactly what Campbell did.

But your reasoning for why Ezra is light years ahead of Walker is because Ezra can make a couple of extra tackles?

A 5/8's job is to execute plays and set up tries, and Walker does that better than Ezra. Ezra may be a little bit better in defence, but Walker is better than him in everything else especially the stuff that matters.

And if you isolate Ezra in the defensive line, you'll score tries against him as well. Exactly what Campbell did.

But your reasoning for why Ezra is light years ahead of Walker is because Ezra can make a couple of extra tackles?

A 5/8's job is to execute plays and set up tries, and Walker does that better than Ezra. Ezra may be a little bit better in defence, but Walker is better than him in everything else especially the stuff that matters.
Every game I've watched of Sam walker he has pushed passes and caused errors. He goes for the highlight play more often then not. It's also not just a matter of him being isolated in defence, his decision making and getting brushed off tackles gets 1-2 tries every single week. Think about that for a second, 6-12 points WEEKLY. Defence is half the game. Sure if their poor you can hide them but his decision making is so bad that the Roosters are having trouble doing that.
Ezra doesn't just do a great long ball too. He picks his passes to a level I have never seen a rookie do before. He takes the line, short ball, long ball, inside/outside, out the back, he pucks right nearly every single time. Show me walker doing that? He has a great long ball, better kicking game, and some speed but his pass selection is nowhere near as mature as Ezras. Watch fitter and a johns talk about Ezra when you get the chance. They don't talk about him having one or 2 bows in his game, they talk about him doing things that rookies shouldn't no matter the talent.
There's a reason Walker isn't in the origin squad. Ezra makes that squad next year.

That Raiders’ Viking horn sounds like someone in a toilet cubicle battling a bad Thai meal
25403CB6 B2EC 4DAD 994E 46E529436008

Ponga looks in all sorts of trouble, keeps dropping down to his haunches. Something doesnt look right with him.

Milford looks like he fits in perfectly at Newy......they just look terrible.

After all these changes for the NSW origin team and Freddy bringing Burton and possibly JAC, I would fucking love to see dogs come out and get flogged by the Tigers

Such a garbage call... as if a team is looking to strip the ball on last tackle when the guy is all but held

Let's make it TWO dumb things from the captain in two minutes. He has no one to blame but himself.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Strop
  • Pablo
  • Allo
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.