NRL 2023 Round 2 Discussion

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
It does matter actually.

If momentum would have got you there regardless, promotion doesn't matter.

It's only a double movement if momentum wouldn't have got you over the line.

The ref is correct, if he didn't move his arm the ball would have sent over the line anyway.
What about the Hosking try last year?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
And now a yardage penalty to give them any chance hahahahah

Nah refs aren't trying to influence results at all... completely law abiding and beyond reproach

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
It does matter actually.

If momentum would have got you there regardless, promotion doesn't matter.

It's only a double movement if momentum wouldn't have got you over the line.

The ref is correct, if he didn't move his arm the ball would have sent over the line anyway.

if this is a correct ruling then that means the refs have made hundreds, if not thousands of "mistakes" over the last couple decades

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
What about the Hosking try last year?
I don't recall it strongly enough to have an opinion but I 100% agree with the bunker on this call.

It's a subjective call but I believe momentum would have got him over if he didn't promote.

Of course consistency would be nice.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
if this is a correct ruling then that means the refs have made hundreds, if not thousands of "mistakes" over the last couple decades
Screenshot 20230312 170608 Drive

We've been over this before but everyone calling it a double movement "because he promoted it" is flat out wrong.

Read the third line. It's very, very clear. If he would have made it over the line without promotion then a try is the right call.

These are the rules as of 2018, I don't know what it was before then but they ruled correctly according to the rules.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Bit of argy bargy between a Tigers player (not sure who) and hastings after hastings finished his interview and went over to the Tigers players.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I thought it was the right call, not like he extended his arm or anything to get over the line

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Bit of argy bargy between a Tigers player (not sure who) and hastings after hastings finished his interview and went over to the Tigers players.
It was Talau, the guy Hastings knocked out

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
View attachment 21324

We've been over this before but everyone calling it a double movement "because he promoted it" is flat out wrong.

Read the third line. It's very, very clear. If he would have made it over the line without promotion then a try is the right call.

These are the rules as of 2018, I don't know what it was before then but they ruled correctly according to the rules.

It's a dumb rule then. How can you tell if someone would've made it over the line without promoting the ball if they've promoted the ball?

Active Now

• Bish
  • teampjta
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Waynesaurus
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Tmac
  • Manlyman
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.