NRL 2023 Round 2 Discussion

It's a dead giveaway when his body bounces off the turf in a forward direction

Why do you constantly always have a tinfoil hat on? Not everything is a conspiracy.
Why do you think I think it is a conspiracy? I don't. I think it's just business. I've watched the sport for 30+ years now, and it's not the same game at all.

Why do you think I think it is a conspiracy? I don't. I think it's just business. I've watched the sport for 30+ years now, and it's not the same game at all.
It's not the game "you" like. Give me today's game over the absolute shit 30 and 40 years ago. The game evolves.

Read the third line man.

If momentum gets them over the line in the opinion of the ref, it's a try regardless of the movement of the arm carrying the ball.

surely though the ball would have had to end up over the line. (i'm not sure it would have in this case)

because hypothetically under the rule you posted, a player could hit the ground short and promote the ball (which hit the ground at chest level), only for his shoulders to then be carried into the in goal by momentum.

under the rule you posted that would technically be a try even though the ball would not have ended up in the in goal, had it not been promoted ... but because the players body (in this case shoulders) ended up in the in goal, the act of promoting the ball means squat.

------------

It also means that the Hoskings no try last year was WRONG ... even though Annesley at that time defended the bunkers ruling

Khan-Pereira really isn’t enjoying first grade so far

This game hasn't started any better than the last shit sandwich

Either every rule should be subjective or none of them should be and the NRL should make that clear. No way was there any obstruction in the Oates no try because Walsh took the pass on the outside of a player who ran through the line unobstructed but that's a non-subjective rule so it was a no try. This is why the refs look like fuckwits.
I agree but that's not the refs making the wrong calls. It's the amateur NRL admin who change the rules every other week.

Subjective obstruction call was just a cause for controversy every week because getting 10 different refs every week to rule subjectively on something as multi-faceted as obstruction inside/outside did the defender commit, did it cause any real disadvantages, would they have scored anyway, etc.

Way too many factors. Too many refs. Fans cry every week because the calls aren't consistent but they can't be, so they've went black and white and now you get ridiculous things like the no try against us.

You can't win.

Unless you have evidence that the competition does allow a double movement if your body will go into the try zone anyway your factually incorrect given past evidence on the matter.

Go to 1:10:40

Hosking promotes the ball forward to score his body ended up going past the line as well.

They gave no try.

It's extremely close, I honestly would lean towards if his arm was paralyzed the ball wouldn't have made it over the line but I get why it's controversial because you could definitely argue either way.

I know you keep bringing up manufactured results.
Well, if the results clearly weren't manufactured, I would not have to. When the rules went into crackdown pedantry, the games were blowouts but the results were not manufactured. When the rules were changed to help the management of the game, the scores suddenly got very close. The NRL also pushes itself as an entertainment business and they also promote the phrase "closest competition ever", which is strong evidence and incentive to provide such a product. Which is what a business does.

It's not a conspiracy, it's business.

Well, if the results clearly weren't manufactured, I would not have to. When the rules went into crackdown pedantry, the games were blowouts but the results were not manufactured. When the rules were changed to help the management of the game, the scores suddenly got very close. The NRL also pushes itself as an entertainment business and they also promote the phrase "closest competition ever", which is strong evidence and incentive to provide such a product. Which is what a business does.

It's not a conspiracy, it's business.
Sounds like you are saying it's a conspiracy to keep the competition close to me. They haven't really done a good job of it lately than have they. The same teams making the 8 and winning year after year. They would try and not benefit the top teams.

AJ looking out for Supercoaches everywhere. Could’ve easily gone himself

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • Aldo
  • scobie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Mick_Hancock
  • ChewThePhatt
  • sooticus
  • Tim K
  • broncsgoat
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.