CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 25 Discussion

Not really sure what Cowboys are thinking bringing Clifford back, unless he is fine with a backup half top 30 role.

Townsend has regressed big time and it has shown even when they have played good this year, there is no Halves out there though so unless they are willing to spend big to get Lam to leave his dads team in SL I don't really see that team improving much if anything.
When did Lam turn into some gun? Why would you spend big money for him? I would rather pay for brooks than him

Not really sure what Cowboys are thinking bringing Clifford back, unless he is fine with a backup half top 30 role.

Townsend has regressed big time and it has shown even when they have played good this year, there is no Halves out there though so unless they are willing to spend big to get Lam to leave his dads team in SL I don't really see that team improving much if anything.

Weren't there whispers that The Chad was on the outer? Payten also doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would hesitate to stick Townsend in Cup in favour of Clifford once he's there. Although his constant Granville and Hiku selections fly in the face of that I guess. Maybe that changes though when the blow torch starts being applied properly.

When did Lam turn into some gun? Why would you spend big money for him? I would rather pay for brooks than him
And you wonder why people are laughing at your delusions on where your roster is at.

Your basically Souths but worse, Souths Lack a 7 but are more complete in other areas, you have your Fullback basically doing all the heavy lifting and if he doesn't have a good game you lose comfortably.

Lam has been underated even when at Roosters, he would have been a regular first grader had he not get injured at the wrong time that allowed Sam Walker to take his spot on the pecking order and have a breakout year.

He has looked impressive for awhile even before he moved to England.

Weren't there whispers that The Chad was on the outer? Payten also doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would hesitate to stick Townsend in Cup in favour of Clifford once he's there. Although his constant Granville and Hiku selections fly in the face of that I guess. Maybe that changes though when the blow torch starts being applied properly.
There was rumors about it, at the time it was linked with trying to get Brooks I think but that fell through, he is on a pricey contract though so it would be hard to offload.

And you wonder why people are laughing at your delusions on where your roster is at.

Your basically Souths but worse, Souths Lack a 7 but are more complete in other areas, you have your Fullback basically doing all the heavy lifting and if he doesn't have a good game you lose comfortably.

Lam has been underated even when at Roosters, he would have been a regular first grader had he not get injured at the wrong time that allowed Sam Walker to take his spot on the pecking order and have a breakout year.

Lam is a gun, I would still be watching him as Reynolds' replacement when his retirement sadly comes.

Not 1 club is paying big money for fucking Lachlan Lam. Miss me with that crap. Roosters fans couldn't piss him off quick enough.

It's not delusion. The roster for the most part is fine. We have 9 origin players and internationals in our team. We just made a prelim last year and pissed it away. The foundation is great. What exactly would you change about the roster except Townsend? The fact we are 9th with him as our halfback says how deep the roster is.

Warriors are going to slip up 1 of these weeks I reckon with this late season easy draw. Have been a bit off the pace the last few weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if Manly push them.

How you can say there is no finals footy if the roster stays similar is just hilarious. The roster is fine for the most part. I would only take the Broncos and Panthers roster over ours going forward even with some of the flaws. We still aren't technically out of these finals. We choked a prelim last year in the last 20mins. We are fine. Their is no way to verify anything you are saying. If you aren't going to actually come up with some proof then this is just going around in circles.

I dont have to prove myself to anyone. Up to you what you choose to believe. I'm obviously not going to come out and publicly say exactly who i know or how i know it and you know that anyway which is why you are saying it. I'm not going to risk friendships by doing that.

Probably a bit harsh to say they wont get the finals. Probably be around similar to this year, either missing out of falling over the line in 8th position then getting blasted out in the first week. I dont think the coach great for a start, he just got lucky. Secondly, he doesnt have all the players on board, and if you dont then you are fighting an uphill battle. Your best forward is a shadow of the player he was before Payten. Your 7 never turns up, and the one you are getting in next year isnt any better. All i can suggest is you just bookmark this post and revisit it in 12 months time and see if i'm right.

I dont have to prove myself to anyone. Up to you what you choose to believe. I'm obviously not going to come out and publicly say exactly who i know or how i know it and you know that anyway which is why you are saying it. I'm not going to risk friendships by doing that.

Probably a bit harsh to say they wont get the finals. Probably be around similar to this year, either missing out of falling over the line in 8th position then getting blasted out in the first week. I dont think the coach great for a start, he just got lucky. Secondly, he doesnt have all the players on board, and if you dont then you are fighting an uphill battle. Your best forward is a shadow of the player he was before Payten. Your 7 never turns up, and the one you are getting in next year isnt any better. All i can suggest is you just bookmark this post and revisit it in 12 months time and see if i'm right.
Lucky lucky lucky. Every team and everybody is lucky.

Lucky lucky lucky. Every team and everybody is lucky.

No, just Payten.

Broncos mentality. Killer instinct...

I just dont think you can come over to another teams forum and not expect it, especially when you call their supporters dumb. Its not a Broncos thing why you are getting a bit of light hearted banter, its just you are a little bit precious and annoying.

Not 1 club is paying big money for fucking Lachlan Lam. Miss me with that crap. Roosters fans couldn't piss him off quick enough.

It's not delusion. The roster for the most part is fine. We have 9 origin players and internationals in our team. We just made a prelim last year and pissed it away. The foundation is great. What exactly would you change about the roster except Townsend? The fact we are 9th with him as our halfback says how deep the roster is.
Halfbacks are big money, given it cost Raiders 800k to get George Williams to play for them from the Super league I don't think it's really a question that with the new cap your looking at decent money to get him, plus he would need to be paid out of his contract.

Your 9th with Townsend but what can you honestly replace him with?

All the best teams have the good 7s, at this point the only way to get one is to experiment, you can have whatever in the other positions and without a good 7 your not going to be a team to challenge for the premiership atleast how the game is now.

That's the paradox your team is in, I would rate a team like Parramatta well above your roster at current.

No, just Payten.

I just dont think you can come over to another teams forum and not expect it, especially when you call their supporters dumb. Its not a Broncos thing why you are getting a bit of light hearted banter, its just you are a little bit precious and annoying.
Broncos fans calling somebody precious is pot/kettle. No fan base that whinges more than this one. Nothing has ever gone your way. I'm amazed you are so high on the ladder. Just an adversity destroying maroon machine. No chance really though because some referee or NSWRL employee will **** your over against Penrith in the grand final? Is that how it is going to go?

TBF, the list of players Roosters have discarded is pretty long. They're an instant gratification style team. They've made a habit of buying up all the talent young and if they don't perform, bye. Maybe the stint in England is exactly what Lam needed and he would come back a better, more rounded player. Hastings is a prime example of this IMO.

Point being, I wouldn't discard a player simply because the Chooks got rid of them.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncos Maestro
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.