CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 25 Discussion

I pretty much knew about every single player on your list. I wouldnt be the only one either. Your point was they werent on anyones radar when some clearly were. They just benefited from playing in a side performing well more than Paytens coaching, as we are seeing this year.

The players simply arent fans of Payten.
When I mean not on the radar I mean not an elite first grader. Most of those guys weren't established at all.

Benefited from playing in a side playing well? Some of that is coaching. It would be like me saying Walters has nothing to do with it is just a bunch of guys all playing well. I get your point and I'm not saying is Jack Gibson and he has some glaring flaws but player development imo is not one of them.

Not fans of Payten? Who? The only guy that has had any so called "problems" with him is Taumalolo and that conveniently went away last year once the team started winning. Their was more rumblings about Paul Green and how much they couldn't stand him then there has been Payten. If we struggle again next year with the roster we have I will be right there with you but he has given this club more positives then negatives since he was hired.

Is he signed with you guys for next year? I couldn't find anything that said one way or the other.
Think he is off contract end of this year. Think he is going to stay though. We'll I hope. If we didn't have Leilua I would say he is 100% certain of staying.

When I mean not on the radar I mean not an elite first grader. Most of those guys weren't established at all.

Benefited from playing in a side playing well? Some of that is coaching. It would be like me saying Walters has nothing to do with it is just a bunch of guys all playing well. I get your point and I'm not saying is Jack Gibson and he has some glaring flaws but player development imo is not one of them.

Not fans of Payten? Who? The only guy that has had any so called "problems" with him is Taumalolo and that conveniently went away last year once the team started winning. Their was more rumblings about Paul Green and how much they couldn't stand him then there has been Payten. If we struggle again next year with the roster we have I will be right there with you but he has given this club more positives then negatives since he was hired.

As you might say, trust me, there are players i'm not going to name who have issues with him. I know it for a fact same as i did with Green. He takes very little responsibility for things that go wrong.

As you might say, trust me, there are players i'm not going to name who have issues with him. I know it for a fact same as i did with Green. He takes very little responsibility for things that go wrong.
With all due respect anybody can say anything on the internet. My sisters cousins boyfriends arguments are just that. Unless there is proof publicly than its just speculation. Let's just say this. More players have had problems with Walters "publicly" over the last year and a half than payten. Those things have also conveniently been quiet since..... the club is winning at a high level.

It might show that both men aren't pushovers and are owning what they are doing. Probably ruffles a few feathers but can't be friends with everyone

Think he is off contract end of this year. Think he is going to stay though. We'll I hope. If we didn't have Leilua I would say he is 100% certain of staying.

Kuli is signed until end of next year.

Kuli is signed until end of next year.
I could only find end of 2023. That's great then. Guy is a beast. Just needs to learn his craft. Got humbled a bit in that Titans match. Bit different playing big mins then small stints.

With all due respect anybody can say anything on the internet. My sisters cousins boyfriends arguments are just that. Unless there is proof publicly than its just speculation. Let's just say this. More players have had problems with Walters "publicly" over the last year and a half than payten. Those things have also conveniently been quiet since..... the club is winning at a high level.

It might show that both men aren't pushovers and are owning what they are doing. Probably ruffles a few feathers but can't be friends with everyone

Plenty of things go on behind the scenes that you never hear about in public, or it comes out way down the track. I know for a fact there are problems from a source close enough to know exactly whats been happening there, but as i always say, i'm not bothered what people choose to believe from people online. Never changed my opinion last year even when they were doing well because it was always papering over the cracks.

Fuller looks like he's going to get his debut at 26 for the Dolphins.

Cup games 81 and 48 tries- Hall Medal in 2018 GF win.

You look at that Grand FInal- Staggs, Opacic, Cullen, Turpin, Rudolf, Hopoate, Whitchurch, Slyney, Tino, Drinkwater, Walters and Seve all played NRL of some sort and now the Man of the match is getting a go now five years after his two tries.

123 tackle breaks this year in 16 games.

Plenty of things go on behind the scenes that you never hear about in public, or it comes out way down the track. I know for a fact there are problems from a source close enough to know exactly whats been happening there, but as i always say, i'm not bothered what people choose to believe from people online. Never changed my opinion last year even when they were doing well because it was always papering over the cracks.
We are 9th. Not 16th lol. Let's calm down. Their is no big cracks in the foundation. The future is brighter than 80% of clubs. We have had a bad year for the expectations. We just got in a hole early and it took too much to get out of. They look gassed and have no energy. We aren't as good as what we finished last year and we aren't as bad as more than likely what we will finish this year. But that's how it goes. Get better and identify your weaknesses and try and fix them. All you can do.

I'll only trust this source if Braith Anasta is the cousin tbh

We are 9th. Not 16th lol. Let's calm down. Their is no big cracks in the foundation. The future is brighter than 80% of clubs. We have had a bad year for the expectations. We just got in a hole early and it took too much to get out of. They look gassed and have no energy. We aren't as good as what we finished last year and we aren't as bad as more than likely what we will finish this year. But that's how it goes. Get better and identify your weaknesses and try and fix them. All you can do.

Wait and see. 9th and missing finals is a massive failure for a squad with the talent the cows have. No dressing it up any other way.

Speaking of being 9th, that Panthers game looms so large for you guys. If you get through next week first (and that is an if as you look like you are running on fumes), you will definitely be hoping that Penrith does their usual and rests half their team.

Speaking of being 9th, that Panthers game looms so large for you guys. If you get through next week first (and that is an if as you look like you are running on fumes), you will definitely be hoping that Penrith does their usual and rests half their team.
We need luck to make it even if we win both games. I wouldn't mind the Sharks again week 1 though 😁

Wait and see. 9th and missing finals is a massive failure for a squad with the talent the cows have. No dressing it up any other way.
What am I waiting and seeing? I already said it was a failed season. Plenty of teams have failed seasons year to year. Development or progress isn't linear. We aren't the Storm or Panthers. It's disappointing.

What am I waiting and seeing? I already said it was a failed season. Plenty of teams have failed seasons year to year. Development or progress isn't linear. We aren't the Storm or Panthers. It's disappointing.

Wait and see about the cracks in the foundations. He doesnt have the full backing of key players and i doubt he will. Like i said, wait and see. If the roster stays fairly similar to this year its no finals footy again. Watching Clifford this year, he's hardly been brilliant for an admittedly ordinary Hull side. He's not going to fix any issues that Chad wont, he will just be a cheaper half who wont get the job done.

I still think he got lucky last year. Dont forget, at one stage Drinkwater was on his way out ( and Robson was also looking to move as well ). Drinkwater especially wasnt happy and it was only an injury to Hammer that changed the fortunes of him and the cowboys.

Not really sure what Cowboys are thinking bringing Clifford back, unless he is fine with a backup half top 30 role.

Townsend has regressed big time and it has shown even when they have played good this year, there is no Halves out there though so unless they are willing to spend big to get Lam to leave his dads team in SL I don't really see that team improving much if anything.

Wait and see about the cracks in the foundations. He doesnt have the full backing of key players and i doubt he will. Like i said, wait and see. If the roster stays fairly similar to this year its no finals footy again. Watching Clifford this year, he's hardly been brilliant for an admittedly ordinary Hull side. He's not going to fix any issues that Chad wont, he will just be a cheaper half who wont get the job done.

I still think he got lucky last year. Dont forget, at one stage Drinkwater was on his way out ( and Robson was also looking to move as well ). Drinkwater especially wasnt happy and it was only an injury to Hammer that changed the fortunes of him and the cowboys.
How you can say there is no finals footy if the roster stays similar is just hilarious. The roster is fine for the most part. I would only take the Broncos and Panthers roster over ours going forward even with some of the flaws. We still aren't technically out of these finals. We choked a prelim last year in the last 20mins. We are fine. Their is no way to verify anything you are saying. If you aren't going to actually come up with some proof then this is just going around in circles.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • Allo
  • The True King
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Fozz
  • eggstar10
  • Harry Sack
  • teampjta
  • theshed
  • Totally Unr3al
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.