CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 25 Discussion

Man Cummins is terrible, 3 missed errors/infringements already

I wonder if Cummins got a word from Trent after Fox flashed the Kodi knock on?

From the rule book:
“Careless” indicates that the player has not exercised due caution in making a play. “Reckless” means that the player has made unnatural movements designed to intimidate an opponent or to gain an unfair advantage.

The tackler has even admitted he was careless, and has apoligized. It wasn't intentional, but all careless tackles are unintentional. This careless tackle also became a dangerous one and could have crippled Garrick.
It is forgeable to be a biased supporter but your defence of this tackle being OK is childish.
Who are you ? Who? Who?

poor play from the TigPies
I thought Aitken was lucky to get away with that tackle, I thought he deliberately played at the ball there.

The lack of combinations really hurt the Dolphins there. There was some yawning gaps down the right, but guys weren't running in support. Fuller especially was out of position when an opportunity was on.

Anthony Seibold has had a whinge in the post game presser about the Garrick non-penalty because, well basically it wasn't a penalty in any shape or form, it meant his team would have gone in front. Regardless, he is basically upset they didn't get a penalty because he wanted to deflect from failing to make to finals.

But this is the funniest part of the quotes from Seesbottoms:

“I'm just sick of it because I bite my tongue. I'm not a coach that comes out and has a whinge but I'm sick of it."

Umm sorry mate, you don't bite your tongue and you do nothing but whinge. Better get that crack team of super sleuths on to it once they've actually found something from whenever the last whinge was.

Also funny that Manly come out with a press release every other week this season defending themselves against something the media has said against Seesbum.
It was definitely a penalty ... he came through and took his legs out.

Not a penalty for tackle in the air, but definitely a penalty for putting a player in a dangerous position.

You are obviously not old enough to remember, or you have selective dementia, because it happened in 2017 to another Manly fullback, Tom Turbo, and it was against your mob. The injury put Turbo out of the match. There was much controversy about the ridiculous rule at the time because it means whenever a player is in the air - such as from a grubber kick or a ricochet - you can take out their legs.
Manly will get the usual "we're sorry, we got it wrong" apology from the NRL for the second match in a row, and will wait until a similar incident happens to one of the favoured clubs before it changes the rule.
There was no issue with Mead on Turbo... you can tackle in the air for a bounced ball and he twisted his ankle... that's not putting someone into a dangerous position ... that was play on

Phins look a very tired football team.
Have only seen the last 10mins or so, but it looks like dolphins intend to just hold the ball and complete sets.

It appears to be working, because tigers currently don't look like they want to get down and dirty with the dolphins to grind out a win.

No Brookes brings dolphins right back into this game.

It was definitely a penalty ... he came through and took his legs out.

Not a penalty for tackle in the air, but definitely a penalty for putting a player in a dangerous position.
Yeah, I thought it should have been called too. Was basically the reason why tunneling was made into a penalty. I get that by the absolute letter of the law, the ball had bounced, so it's not the same as a marking contest, but it's clearly dangerous. There has to be a modicum of care. I'm sure if the whole thing were flipped the Wahs would also be livid.

I don't know why the NRL has to make things so stupid. If it looks like a duck, you know.

The stupidest part of it all was Garrick dropping the ball, though. He had control and looked to let it go to try milk something. That was dumb. The footy is golden on the field.

Dolphins score off a simple cross field kick.

Nofo looks well past it at this stage... tigers need to punt him and I reckon he needs a change of scenery as well... just doesn't look to be running and making meters in the same way he used to

Bostock reminds me a little of Campbell Graham when he first came into first grade.

Tigers are playing reckless with no real purpose for what they're trying to achieve.

Completely directionless and no effort in defence or attack... this should be a game they win by 30 against this dolphins team, but they're seriously struggling.

What the **** are the Tigers doing out there?

Do they know that they can kick the ball?

Tigers get themselves into a good position with back to back tries... and instead of just tucking it under the arm, they're wanting to spread it off a nothing ptb and almost get caught out by the dolphins

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • theshed
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Tim K
  • Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • Cavalo
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.