NRL 2023 Round 9 Discussion

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Yeah ... raiders player is bobbling it into contact and then the ball comes flying out.

They still haven't showed a replay of it
I went back to it and it appears Young touches it first into Stone.

A tough 50/50 call really.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
It comes off Young and hits Stone as he's tackling Young.

Knock on. But because Gough, play on.
It was so obvious... I literally don't know how he comes to the decision that he does.

Fox have completely ignored the situation even though that basically decided the game

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
50/50? Come on Wolf, you’re being generous.
For the on-field referee, of course if it was the video referee making the decision it was 100% a Raiders knock on.

Put it this way, even though I thought Young got the first touch live I wouldn't have bet my life on it. I'm not like Freaky.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Pissing down in Shitney... again... what a surprise

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I went back to it and it appears Young touches it first into Stone.

A tough 50/50 call really.
When I was watching it live it looked like the Canberra player clearly reaches back to grab for the ball with an outstretched arm before getting drilled in the guts by the Dolphins player. Then the ball comes flying out the back.

If that's the case then I'm not sure how you get it being played at by the dolphins player at any point

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
When I was watching it live it looked like the Canberra player clearly reaches back to grab for the ball with an outstretched arm before getting drilled in the guts by the Dolphins player. Then the ball comes flying out the back.

If that's the case then I'm not sure how you get it being played at by the dolphins player at any point
I don't think the referee saw the contact from Young and only saw it come forward off Stone who was making the tackle. However making the tackle now constitutes playing at the ball, which is what they ruled.

It was an incorrect call, but I can see watching that live where you've got to make a snap decision he's come up with it.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I don't think the referee saw the contact from Young and only saw it come forward off Stone who was making the tackle. However making the tackle now constitutes playing at the ball, which is what they ruled.

It was an incorrect call, but I can see watching that live where you've got to make a snap decision he's come up with it.
Is that a change in the rule interpretation?

My understanding of that rule is playing at the ball when the player is in the process of making the pass.... and they only brought that in, because they didn't want the ref having to try and determine if the defender is making a play at the ball or making the tackle within a split second.

That rule shouldn't have anything to do with a receiving player catching the ball... there is plenty of time for the ref to make a ruling on whether the defender is tackling or making a play at the ball.

The only decision that the ref has to make in that situation is whether the player receiving the ball is tackled without the ball or not

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Maroon sock is on the sideline.

Fox commentators are oblivious to it

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Don’t take the fucking two.

Get their tackle count up.

BruiserMk1

BruiserMk1

NRL Player
Contributor
Sep 9, 2015
Manly player lost that trying to get to his feet no?

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • BRC088
  • Culhwch
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.