NRL 2023 Round 9 Discussion

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I'm seeing nothing from Manly that makes me overly concerned about next week. Just get into the grind, get on top of them in the forwards then just wait for the points to come.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
**** sake there's so much fucking diving!!!

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Arm is still on the ball... isn't that still a try now??

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Not if it’s touching a defending player.
I thought we had one earlier in the year... maybe a trial... where Te Kura or Willison lost it, but was held up and we kept the ball because it didn't come away from the arm (came away from the hand)... but remember now that the Bradman Best try being taken away was a change to that.

I can't keep up with the rule interpretations anymore... it changes every week... it's turning into union trying to figure out what the **** is happening on the field at times

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
David Fifita is a completely different player than the last few years. Engaged, fitter, defensively strong. The line breaks tries etc say he has been quiet this year but give me this guy over the last years one. Probably should be picked for qld this year.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Mam, Walsh, Herbie and Arthars need to create havoc down their side next week.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Is that a change in the rule interpretation?

My understanding of that rule is playing at the ball when the player is in the process of making the pass.... and they only brought that in, because they didn't want the ref having to try and determine if the defender is making a play at the ball or making the tackle within a split second.

That rule shouldn't have anything to do with a receiving player catching the ball... there is plenty of time for the ref to make a ruling on whether the defender is tackling or making a play at the ball.

The only decision that the ref has to make in that situation is whether the player receiving the ball is tackled without the ball or not
It's the same principal, an attempt at tackle is an attempt to shut the ball down. So if you happen to knock the ball forward at any stage it's going to go against you.

I think it's a dumb rule and often teams get rewarded with sets they don't deserve.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
It's the same principal, an attempt at tackle is an attempt to shut the ball down. So if you happen to knock the ball forward at any stage it's going to go against you.

I think it's a dumb rule and often teams get rewarded with sets they don't deserve.
I can't recall it occurring that often... they've either hit them too early and it hits the defender (penalty for tackled without the ball)... or it's touched the attacker and knocked on into the defender.

I don't see how the rule can ever be applied on a player receiving a pass

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Brimson gone again with injury.

Was thinking he would be a great 18th man for Qld this year.

Covers fullback and five eight, could play in the backs if needed and could also be brought off the bench as the middle utility like DCE, Cronk, etc.

Also means Walsh doesn't get picked as 18th man

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • BroncosAlways
  • Pablo
  • Wolfie
  • Alec
  • Strop
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • Mr Fourex
  • bazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.