NRL Auckland Nines

So what is the rule for Goal Kicking? I remember hearing that if you scored you had to kick it..Then I see centres, wings, second row all kicking for goal..then Johnson kicking no matter who scores.

So what is the rule for Goal Kicking? I remember hearing that if you scored you had to kick it..Then I see centres, wings, second row all kicking for goal..then Johnson kicking no matter who scores.

I heard this too. Very random

I heard this too. Very random

Because in one of yesterday's games with a penalty try, they specifically chose to give it to 1 player because they didn't want another to kick..Do they have to be involved in the play? Within a certain distance? Seems bullshit if the Warriors can choose to give it to their best kicker while others have to force someone who's never tried a field goal to do it.

Also WTF is up with the quick tap from penalties? Warriors game guy gets a penalty, immediately stands up, quick tap and runs through the line to score before the tacklers get to their feet..Manly game, guy gets a penalty, quick tap and runs..gets called back and has to wait for the defensive line to set.

Last edited:
Garbutt with one of the best tries of the tournament!

What was Runciman thinking?

Haha, yeah that Garbutt try was actually good, as much as I hate the Storm.

I'd say we're probably second favorites after the Warriors if we can knock out the Knights.

I think I have it figured out..Whoever scores the try MUST kick for goal..Unless they're off the field. Every time the Warriors score, the try scorer immediately runs off the field to be replaced, since he's off, Johnson can kick.

I think I have it figured out..Whoever scores the try MUST kick for goal..Unless they're off the field. Every time the Warriors score, the try scorer immediately runs off the field to be replaced, since he's off, Johnson can kick.

True, I didn't know that. I did keep wondering why Copley kept taking field goals though.

Warriors are really dominating this game. Their style of play suits this tournament.

Warriors have got some really lucky bounces throughout this comp too. It's like the field has been changed to benefit them :P haha that was a good game. Who scored that last try? Just 50cms beside him was the bonus area!

Ben Lowe has been shit this whole tournament for us.

How close can you get to scoring 2 bonus zone tries to just miss out in sending it to extra time.

Warriors have got some really lucky bounces throughout this comp too. It's like the field has been changed to benefit them :P haha that was a good game. Who scored that last try? Just 50cms beside him was the bonus area!

Dylan Walker. Probably just reactionary to ground it instead of trying to advance it to the bonus zone.

I think it was Walker.

Although, it never should've been 17-16. Johnson grounded the ball before the bonus zone.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.