NEWS NRL First as Broncos Crack 50k Members, In Record Time

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The Brisbane Broncos are thrilled to reveal the club has quietly ticked over an historic new membership record of 50,000 members, the first club in NRL history to record the milestone.

It was secretly secured before a ball was even kicked in the regular season, while the team were in camp in Los Angeles ahead of the Vegas clash.

The membership tally is now sitting at 53, 672 as the Broncos eye off a staggering 60,000 members, set to be reached by midway through the season, based on current trends.

1.png

Season 2023’s tally topped 47,300, reached by October last year.

The huge milestone includes members from across the world, interstate and those strewn across regional Queensland, which makes up more than 50% of the Bronxnation.

Brisbane Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy has described it as a proud moment in history for the club.

“This is what we set our sights on over the past couple of seasons, and it’s terrific to see the record before we’d even played a game in 2024.

“Of course, we know it comes after a strong performance and indeed a Grand Final appearance last year, but it’s something that has been building for some time now.

“Our team behind the scenes have been working really hard to make being a Broncos member something people want and are proud to be.

It speaks to the enormous love the city, the state and indeed now many across the world have for this club, and our players certainly know it’s a privileged position we hold in people’s hearts.
Dave DonaghyBroncos CEO
“We feel that connection more than ever right now.

“These types of numbers are still scratching the surface of those seen in the AFL, where becoming a ‘member’ of a club has long been a part of fan culture and tallies up are up around the 100k mark.

3.png

“There’s no reason why we can’t achieve that as an NRL club, and I’m proud that the Brisbane Broncos are leading the way in this space in the NRL.

“Now we’re working towards 60,000 and we expect to be celebrating that milestone by Origin time, if not beforehand.”

2.png

Brisbane Broncos Membership Tallies​

2023 – 47,300

2022 – 36,800

2021 - 28,533

GO US!

A successful Broncos is a successful NRL.

Razzle Dazzle Broncos is back, and we're not full of plodders or "potential". NRL bottom line will benefit from this like no other club.

Exactly! Let's be honest, not many of us care that much about the NRL itself and care only for the Broncs. If the Broncs suck, I have zero interest in the NRL.

In fact, I personally watch every game of the ESL and only non-Broncs games if I need something on in the background.

How can a ground that holds 52,000 have 60,000 members?

I mean...it is pretty obvious man - not every member is in Brisbane.

Doesn't make sense, if 60,000 season members decide to go to a game how do they have a seat in a 52,000-seat stadium.

Pretty obvious that doesn't add up.

Man.

Doesn't make sense, if 60,000 season members decide to go to a game how do they have a seat in a 52,000-seat stadium.

Pretty obvious that doesn't add up.

Man.

Not every membership has an allocated seat. It really isn't that hard to figure out.

Out of town memberships is a thing, I have it.

Again, for such a professed know it all, it is amazing this is so hard for you to work out.

Not every membership has an allocated seat. It really isn't that hard to figure out.

Out of town memberships is a thing, I have it.

Again, for such a professed know it all, it is amazing this is so hard for you to work out.

I don't work in membership but any way- a seat is really the only figure that counts.

Souths got pinged for counting pet memberships and all sorts of memberships.

It fudges the figures. I'd rather just see seated membership. List the other stuff separately.

I mean...it is pretty obvious man - not every member is in Brisbane.
I live in Toowoomba and I Have a membership. It took me awhile to become a member when I became member it has been so worth it. Oh I happen to rub it my mum's face since her team could never achieve like this. Good timing too since next week I will be at my first game of the season

Why? Are those of us not in Brisbane but who still pay for membership less important / valuable than those that are?

I'm glad my club doesn't view us the way you do.

It doesn't tell me anything- it is impressive to say we have 52,000 season members- every game is sold out.

If you say 60,000 and include some bloke in Canada that doesn't impress me as much.

It doesn't tell me anything- it is impressive to say we have 52,000 season members- every game is sold out.

If you say 60,000 and include some bloke in Canada that doesn't impress me as much.

So why do we care if it impresses you or not? Your preference is irrelevant to this news, it does not make the stats in the article any less impressive, accurate or relevant.

And like I said, I am glad that my membership is valued but the club I love and support and none of us who don't live in Brisbane should be looked down on when we spend money to support this team.

Your view is the equivalent of being Sydney-centric.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Financeguy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • pennywisealfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • Jedhead
  • dasherhalo
  • broncos4life
  • davidp
  • Lostboy
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Broncorob
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • Battler
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.