NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
I always admired that he would really lay into certain players for making a stupid play or error, which is what I feel a captain should be doing if it is truly warranted, however in Wallace's case I don't think he was ever really in a position to be doing that. You know, glass houses...stones...etc.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Kinda hard to imagine Wallace in a non-Broncos jersey now (not like Petero, but still weird)...not that I want him in a Broncos one, though our halves aren't any less lolworthy without him this year.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Looks like the NRL opener is once again on delay into QLD

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Somebody at the Crushers has a sense of humour!

@SQ_Crushers:
We know you've been waiting all day for it but we're sad to announce that we have NO teamlist to release. We're still not in the comp.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Kinda hard to imagine Wallace in a non-Broncos jersey now

Lol ....... r u kidding?

Pick a team.......I've got 'em all.

wallacepanther_zps432b2fc7.jpg
wallaceraider_zps1ab15652.jpg

mergewallace_zps3cc9e379.jpg

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
Do we have a thread dedicated to injuries?

[TWEET]442934048118165505[/TWEET]

Will likely be back for our clash against the Knights in Round 7.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'm going to make a prediction that Cartwright will be the first coach sacked this season.

How does he still have a job?

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
The writing was on the wall when they grabbed Henry IMO. He would be a very nervous man right now.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So he should be. Has any player progressed under him? Ryan James, Jordan Rankin, the wonder kid, Mead, Gordon, Srama all looked amazing coming in but have any of them gone on??

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Is anyone disappointed by the new commentators on Fox Sports

Scott Prince can barely string a sentence together and has a poor grasp of English with many 'uums and uur's'. Steve Menzies is marginally better but that isn't saying much.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Not really.

There is only so much you can expect of players who enter the field of journalism. While, these players may have a fair grasp of the game, commentary is a completely different beast and it even takes professionals a ton of time to perfect their craft.

If Fox were fair dinkum about developing these two as commentators, they'd have them cover the NYC/NSW Cup games and put them on the panel shows before throwing them into the deep end.

Mind you, I'm of the opinion that former greats don't necessarily make great commentators. Of those involved, the only commentators I really rate include Sterlo, Gus & Joey Johns has admittedly improved. The rest range from mediocre to dead-set shocking.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Prince is actually doing a better job than Locky was when he started imo... but yeah, expecting journalistic wonder from ex-rugby league players is like expecting NSW'kers to win Origins.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I love Lockyer as a player and a Broncos legend, but he's still a terrible, terrible commentator.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Andrew Johns annoys the **** out of me.

I don't like the constant stopping and starting. It's fucking irritating.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I don't understand coaches who play a bench Hooker who plays exactly like ( or is made play ) the guy they replace.

Example Michael Lichaa comes on for J Morris they split 80 mins evenly and 1 has 3 runs and 27 tackles while the other has 3 runs and 28 tackles.

WTF, surely if you are taking up a bench spot you want a point of difference or you let one of them play 80 and bring in a different player to the bench.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It may have been a strategy to try and keep Lichaa happy at the club by giving him minutes. A failed attempt as of yesterday (I think). Now that Lichaa has signed with the Dogs, I can see him getting less game time, unless he demands selection through outstanding form or injury to Morris.

You're right about that.

He has been dropped back to reserve grade for signing with Bulldogs.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Geez, JMoz's contract is apparently $550k a year. Where are they getting the money from???

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
Geez, JMoz's contract is apparently $550k a year. Where are they getting the money from???

Don't stress Morks, Raylene says that it's all above board so it must be.

Bulldogs spending spree all within the salary cap, say boss

I love this little segment from the article:

Castle declined to comment on speculation that rising Cronulla hooker Michael Lichaa would shift to Belmore next year. However, the release of Ben Barba to Brisbane on compassionate grounds has freed up some funds to lock in their current stars. The former Netball New Zealand boss wouldn't rule out releasing contracted stars if they were to find a marquee fullback replacement.

"We've used [Barba's] money on Fifita, so if we do come across that marquee fullback then there will be some other choices we have to make about our playing roster," she said.

You can see what's wrong with that statement right? RIGHT????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • bb_gun
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Manofoneway
  • Swordfish
  • Spooky1013
  • Socnorb
  • Aldo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Turky Murky
  • Sproj
  • davidp
  • Browny
  • Lostboy
  • Foordy
  • Kev_Guz
  • Gympie devil
  • Jedhead
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.