NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
They can't afford to pay him out, that's why. Might as well use him for something, even if the better coach is doing the real work & Cartwright remains just a figurehead to keep the players on-side.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Cleary on Wallace.

And while Cleary was reluctant to give too much away about first-gamer Will Smith, he lavished praise on Wallace's incredible courage.

"I guess if you're looking for one moment in what we're trying to do here at the Panthers, the effort of our captain last week – he was already playing on one leg, he came back three weeks early from an ankle and knee injury and then to snap his cruciate in his other knee, come back on, not only play but set up tries and save them – you just can't buy things like that," Cleary said on Thursday morning.

"For all our guys to experience that and see that... wins and losses come and go, but those things stay in the wood I guess, and in this club. It's another step to know that we're going in the right direction."

Ahead of tomorrow night's clash against the Bulldogs, Cleary believed it was the kind of performance that would inspire the rest of his team as they enter the final six weeks of the competition.

"Well I hope it's something that's spoken about for years to come and everybody that pulls on a Panthers jersey can appreciate those sorts of efforts," he said.

"[It's] just amazing, and whilst he won't be with us again for this year, that effort alone I'm sure will inspire plenty of others for the rest of the year.

"Everybody that I spoke to about Peter, the word 'tough' came into the review. When someone like Darren Lockyer praises someone for being tough, that's pretty high praise indeed. He just showed it on the weekend. It was one of the bravest things I've seen."

Say what you want about Wallace's talent but I always admired at how tough he was and it really goes to show how far he's willing to push his body for his team.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
He was always a tough son of a bitch. I never doubted his effort, he always put his body on the line. If he was more talented than he could have been a bloody good halfback.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Not sure if anyone will know, maybe [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] will:

Do you have to make a genuine attempt at kicking a penalty goal? Saw some of the Tits Cows game and when Gordon was lining up a penalty goal attempt from in front all the Cowboys were just huddled beside the post. Would have been so easy to just grubber it 1cm, pick it up and pass it wide for a try.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Not sure if anyone will know, maybe @1910 will:

Do you have to make a genuine attempt at kicking a penalty goal? Saw some of the Tits Cows game and when Gordon was lining up a penalty goal attempt from in front all the Cowboys were just huddled beside the post. Would have been so easy to just grubber it 1cm, pick it up and pass it wide for a try.

From the rules:

1406978588.jpg

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Roosters are holding a press conference at 4pm, major announcement supposedly, wonder what it is.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
They've gone through their salary cap books and want to tell everyone that everything is AOK and always has been.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Roosters are holding a press conference at 4pm, major announcement supposedly, wonder what it is.

SBW signing on for another year with a backended salary. Next years wage will be $87k.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
They've used the nrl's war chest to sign izzy, kurtley Beale and hold on to SBW. After having to lose Martin Kennedy it was important for the NRL to do all it can for uncle nic, I mean the roosters to help them stay afloat

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
They've used the nrl's war chest to sign izzy, kurtley Beale and hold on to SBW. After having to lose Martin Kennedy it was important for the NRL to do all it can for uncle nic, I mean the roosters to help them stay afloat

1 Karmichael Hunt
2 Kurtley Beale
3 Israel Folau
4 Blake Ferguson
5 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6 Kieran Foran
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9 Jake Friend
10 Sam Moa
11 Boyd Cordner
12 Aidan Guerra
13 Sonny Bill Williams
14 Frank Paul-Nuuausala
15 Isaac Liu
16 Dylan Napa
17 Remi Casty

Likely 2015 lineup. [MENTION=8335]Rabbir[/MENTION] :P

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Wow, apparently Lachlan Coote is playing Queensland Cup next weekend, that's a damn fast recovery from an ACL.

Could be a massive boost for the Cowboys coming into the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Justwin
  • broncs30
  • thenry
  • peter09
  • teampjta
  • Astro
  • winslow_wong
  • Gympie devil
  • johnny plath
  • Allo
  • Fatboy
  • Browny
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Aldo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.