NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Good. Now I can jump on the Titans if Boyd comes back to the Broncos next season. **** you Wayne.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
He should have been there 6 weeks ago, really. Stuart's hand has been forced with the Campese injury. Gonna be really interesting to see how he goes with the defence in the front line.

Frankly it's a dumb move IMO. Milford is GONE. In 2015 he's a Bronco. Which is absolutely fucking awesome!

For us at least. Sucks balls for Raiders. So why waste time playing the guy at 5-8 when you have Mitch Cornish, who'll be a Raider in 2015? Just more proof that Stuart's a dumb ****. But on this occasion, we thank him for it!!!

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Stuart is so clueless.

If I was them I wouldn't even have Milford in the team at this stage of the season, they've got no hope of making finals, he's gone next year.. what's the point, they're just hurting the development of the Cornish / McCrone combination, which you'd think will be the halves combo for at least the next 2 or 3 years.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Stuart is so clueless.

If I was them I wouldn't even have Milford in the team at this stage of the season, they've got no hope of making finals, he's gone next year.. what's the point, they're just hurting the development of the Cornish / McCrone combination, which you'd think will be the halves combo for at least the next 2 or 3 years.

You've got to have your best player in the team if you are to avoid the spoon but I agree with what you've said. Cornish deserves another opportunity.

As we speak I'm reading an article from Steve Turner about how the Raiders deserve the wooden spoon.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
1 Karmichael Hunt
2 Kurtley Beale
3 Israel Folau
4 Blake Ferguson
5 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6 Kieran Foran
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9 Jake Friend
10 Sam Moa
11 Boyd Cordner
12 Aidan Guerra
13 Sonny Bill Williams
14 Frank Paul-Nuuausala
15 Isaac Liu
16 Dylan Napa
17 Remi Casty

Likely 2015 lineup. @Rabbir :P

I would have almost believed this if not for SBW there.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Does that mean Titans don't have to pay out his contract?

Technically yeah, but he would be stupid to resign and not force then to pay him out. They either would've agreed to a redundancy package or they basically sacked him but paid him out so he leaves quietly.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Stuart is so clueless.

Still rumours floating around that they're trying to bet Sam Williams back.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Yep, RLW mole said something about that in todays RLW. Williams/McCrone... what a shit halves pairing

One would hope they would go with Cornish/Williams as was always the intention. It's Stuart though.....

FWIW I heard it a few weeks ago and the guy was right about Soli, Hodgson and Waqa

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
My NRL book collection has grown.

Bought an old EE Christianson Yearbook from 1977. Thought it'd be this you beaut yearbook with all sorts of factoids about the year that was, instead it was like a 30 page booklet. Glad I didn't pay top dollar for it, otherwise I'd be pissed. :laugh:

Also received Uncommon Heroes & The Night The Music Died - books about some interesting stories emerging from the 70s including one where this local country team won the AMCO Cup. Haven't had a chance to sit down and read through it but will in a bit.

Then today I finally received the 1994 yearbook, extending the Middleton Yearbook collection from 1994-2013. Now to get my hands on 1987-1993 and I'll be set.

Also to keep you guys in the loop, working on a small project involving the NYC. Nothing too mind boggling but may provide you with some insight you won't get anywhere else.

Last edited:
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
So... Sharks players involved in doping will get their 6 month bans next week, a couple of weeks from the finals that they won't play in.

Two things - why are they getting a 75% reduction? As far as it's been reported, none of them have offered assistance, just told everyone they did nothing wrong and no one can prove anything. And two, letting them spend their ban in the off-season is just gutless bullshit. If it's 6 month bans, they should be banned for 6 months of game time.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So... Sharks players involved in doping will get their 6 month bans next week, a couple of weeks from the finals that they won't play in.

Two things - why are they getting a 75% reduction? As far as it's been reported, none of them have offered assistance, just told everyone they did nothing wrong and no one can prove anything. And two, letting them spend their ban in the off-season is just gutless bullshit. If it's 6 month bans, they should be banned for 6 months of game time.

do you think Matty Johns will actually get something right for a change

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
If it's seriously a 6 month ban from now for a team that wont make the finals, that's just ridiculous.

I mean at least they'll miss some off season training with the club but that's a pissweak punishment.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
do you think Matty Johns will actually get something right for a change

It seems to precise to be bad info TBH. The fact that they've leaked ban lengths, timing, even excuses as to why it's so soft, sounds like genuine info.

Also head on Triple-M on the way home that the Eels are being investigated for salary cap stuff. Lussick and a dodgy property deal with someone who's since been busted. Eels board are saying they don't know anything and it's all the previous admin's fault.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
It seems to precise to be bad info TBH. The fact that they've leaked ban lengths, timing, even excuses as to why it's so soft, sounds like genuine info.

Also head on Triple-M on the way home that the Eels are being investigated for salary cap stuff. Lussick and a dodgy property deal with someone who's since been busted. Eels board are saying they don't know anything and it's all the previous admin's fault.

that is in the papers tomorrow ... saw a preview in the CM

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Te'o apparently facing 4-5 weeks on the sidelines for the chicken wing tackle on Thaiday ... so how Reynolds only got 3 weeks for 2 separate extremely dangerous incidents astounds me. well actually it doesn't ... not only does he have uncle Todd protecting him, but he was a part of the NSW side that finally broke QLD's dominance, that was always going to please the N(SW)RL.

i've said it before, and i'll say it again. the NRL's MRC and judiciary are a joke, they are amateurish at best and corrupt at worst. I don't think they were on Rothfields list of 50 ways to fix the code ... but they should have been near the top.

/rant

BEN Te’o may have played his last game for the Rabbitohs. In fact, he may only play again if South Sydney make the grand final.The Ireland-bound backrower is facing a five-game ban for a chicken wing tackle on Sam Thaiday in Thursday night’s 42-16 mauling of the Broncos.

With a five-week ban, Te’o wouldn’t be available until week three of the finals.

However, if the Rabbitohs won their first finals match, they would almost certainly secure a week off given a guaranteed high finish on the ladder (they currently sit equal first on 32 points with the Sea Eagles, although Manly are yet to play this weekend).
Te’o’s next match would therefore be the grand final at ANZ Stadium on October 5 – if the Rabbitohs make it.

The Cardinal and Myrtle haven’t made a grand final since their premiership glory in 1971.
Te’o faces a four game ban with an early guilty plea, which would make him available for the second week of the finals, or third week of the finals if the Rabbitohs win their first play-off match.
The Queensland Origin representative this week confirmed he will leave the Rabbitohs at the end of the season to join Irish rugby union club Leinster.

Fellow Rabbitohs Chris McQueen and Kirisome Auva’a (both unnecessary head/neck pressure) were also charged out of the match, but can escape bans with early guilty pleas.
Souths prop George Burgess still has one week to serve on a two-match ban for a chicken wing tackle on Manly centre Steve Matai in last week’s 23-4 win over the Sea Eagles.

Error Page

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Teó was out of control last night. In the second half the refs were on to him and they pinged him the moment Thaiday paused for effect. I was hoping he'd get a decent stint on the sidelines, he's jeapordised his clubs premiership aspirations by being a cheap shot thug, I couldn't wish it upon a better club TBH.

PS, is Thaiday really chicken-wingable?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Teó was out of control last night. In the second half the refs were on to him and they pinged him the moment Thaiday paused for effect. I was hoping he'd get a decent stint on the sidelines, he's jeapordised his clubs premiership aspirations by being a cheap shot thug, I couldn't wish it upon a better club TBH.

PS, is Thaiday really chicken-wingable?

that may be true ... but was it really worse (and worth a longer suspension) than Reynolds last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • Behold
  • Broncorob
  • leon.bott
  • Fozz
  • Skyblues87
  • Jedhead
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.