vs Manly (H)
vs Brisbane (A)
Bye
vs Titans (A)
vs Knights (H)
vs Cowboys (A) - Origin affected
Bye
vs Warriors (H)

All very winnable especially Round 15 and 19.

Interesting couple of months coming up for Canberra

vs Manly (H)
vs Brisbane (A)
Bye
vs Titans (A)
vs Knights (H)
Bye
vs Warriors (H)

I see what you did there.

vs Manly (H)
vs Brisbane (A)
Bye
vs Titans (A)
vs Knights (H)
Bye
vs Warriors (H)

You are on fire lately!

vs Manly (H)
vs Brisbane (A)
Bye
vs Titans (A)
vs Knights (H)
Bye
vs Warriors (H)

:rofl:

The main problem with the Raiders is Ricky Stuart IMO. He can make some good signings, but he can't actually coach.

Gould just accidentally posted a seemingly private message on Twitter saying that Nick Politis spent the last 2 weeks trying to sign Mitchell Moses, but his player agent decided it would be better for him to spend another season at the Tigers to grow some more.

If this is true, what are the Roosters up to? Are they literally just trying to stockpile as many halves as they can?

Pearce, Hastings, Matterson, Watson, Nikorima.. And they wanted Moses..

Maybe they're pulling the plug on all of them.

I reckon Pearce is on his way out of there personally.

Hastings got dropped and his dad had a big bitch-fit over it.His Dad is a club legend and sent tweets naming other players who should be dropped instead, that's gotta be awkward for his son at training. I heard Hastings and Friend had a big argument in front of the whole team because Hastings was complaining that Friend never passed him the ball. The club backed Friend.

It wouldn't shock me if Pearce was playing super league this time next season, combined with the rumours of Jayden Nikorima to Brisbane and Jackson Hastings to Dragons.. They may be in a bit of strife, don't be shocked if they throw absurd money at someone like Corey Norman real soon, I think they're getting desperate.

Why would you go out on a limb for Mitchell Moses?

Sure he's a quality talent, but where is his track record? He's the last player Sydney need right now. What they need to fix up is their pack and backline. Get the players around the halves to help set a platform, develop combinations and go from there.

I'm completely with you [MENTION=8423]Sproj[/MENTION], it's time for Sydney to part with Pearce. We've seen the best of what he has to offer and he isn't anything special. If you're a coach, you've got to back your ability to find the next megastar and to have him in the most important position on the field. Pearce isn't that, he's cost his team dearly this season and it's time to look toward the future.

I'm sure Pearce will fit right in at Cronulla.

Is that right [MENTION=8833]Tom[/MENTION]? I'd never heard that story before but it does fill in a few blanks. To be honest, Jackson is right, although I think Jayden should feel more hard done by. Friend turned into a real ball hog and quite honestly was playing himself out of Origin contention when he's been the heir to Smith's throne since 2013. At this point, I think he's going to end up sharing it with Granville.

Sure he's a quality talent, but where is his track record? He's the last player Sydney need right now. What they need to fix up is their pack and backline. Get the players around the halves to help set a platform, develop combinations and go from there.

I'm completely with you @Sproj , it's time for Sydney to part with Pearce. We've seen the best of what he has to offer and he isn't anything special. If you're a coach, you've got to back your ability to find the next megastar and to have him in the most important position on the field. Pearce isn't that, he's cost his team dearly this season and it's time to look toward the future.

Is that right @Tom ? I'd never heard that story before but it does fill in a few blanks. To be honest, Jackson is right, although I think Jayden should feel more hard done by. Friend turned into a real ball hog and quite honestly was playing himself out of Origin contention when he's been the heir to Smith's throne since 2013. At this point, I think he's going to end up sharing it with Granville.

There’s more than on-field form behind the dumping of young Rooster Jackson Hastings to NSW Cup last week.
While the 20-year-old’s performances haven’t been consistent enough, he’s certainly not the only Rooster to deserve the axe on that count.
Supporters believe he’s been singled out as a convenient scapegoat because of his age, and more significantly, his willingness to give senior players blunt advice.
Skipper Jake Friend has copped more than one spray this season for not giving Hastings enough ball on the right edge.
Hastings might have a valid point about Friend’s passing game; but it hasn’t been appreciated by the club’s solid core of leaders.
Less popular has been the opinion of his old man, Kevin.
The Roosters legend vented about his son’s axing on social media last week.
Neither team mates nor coaching staff were impressed and those sentiments have been passed-on to Hastings.
It will be interesting to see where the Roosters go next with Hastings, who only signed a one-year extension in February.
The club originally wanted to keep him for two more seasons, but whether he lasts until the end of 2017 now remains to be seen.

The 7th Tackle Featuring Josh Massoud And Liam Cox Round 12 | NRL | Triple M

I'm completely with you @Sproj , it's time for Sydney to part with Pearce. We've seen the best of what he has to offer and he isn't anything special. If you're a coach, you've got to back your ability to find the next megastar and to have him in the most important position on the field. Pearce isn't that, he's cost his team dearly this season and it's time to look toward the future.

Is that right @Tom ? I'd never heard that story before but it does fill in a few blanks. To be honest, Jackson is right, although I think Jayden should feel more hard done by. Friend turned into a real ball hog and quite honestly was playing himself out of Origin contention when he's been the heir to Smith's throne since 2013. At this point, I think he's going to end up sharing it with Granville.

There’s more than on-field form behind the dumping of young Rooster Jackson Hastings to NSW Cup last week.
While the 20-year-old’s performances haven’t been consistent enough, he’s certainly not the only Rooster to deserve the axe on that count.
Supporters believe he’s been singled out as a convenient scapegoat because of his age, and more significantly, his willingness to give senior players blunt advice.
Skipper Jake Friend has copped more than one spray this season for not giving Hastings enough ball on the right edge.
Hastings might have a valid point about Friend’s passing game; but it hasn’t been appreciated by the club’s solid core of leaders.
Less popular has been the opinion of his old man, Kevin.
The Roosters legend vented about his son’s axing on social media last week.
Neither team mates nor coaching staff were impressed and those sentiments have been passed-on to Hastings.
It will be interesting to see where the Roosters go next with Hastings, who only signed a one-year extension in February.
The club originally wanted to keep him for two more seasons, but whether he lasts until the end of 2017 now remains to be seen.

The 7th Tackle Featuring Josh Massoud And Liam Cox Round 12 | NRL | Triple M

Hmmm...something is not right there at the Roosters with their culture at present.

I I think they also realise they got rid of the wrong half last year and now it has come back to bite them. For all Hastings' talent, if he is a divisive jerk, the Roosters would be well served to see what effect a player of that ilk can have on an entire club no matter how talented they are simply by looking at Farah. They may be better served if that is the case by chasing a Moses or Brooks. That said, the only half of any note that I'm aware of being off contract next year is Norman. KNik is super talented but of the wrong age for what the Roosters need. That leaves Blake Green but he has all the hallmarks of a typical Storm player that would turn to rubbish if put outside that system.

So...worth a punt on Benji of all people? I would say no BUT if Bastings isn't as divisive as he seems to be and actually genuinely has a point about Friend, Norman might funnily enough actually be the best fit for the Roosters from what is available. They need a more mature, seasoned half (hard to rate Norman as that I know but there it is).

Bottom line is that the Roosters have a future superstar in Mitchell, now they just have to get the other pieces right. But if they do go the Hastings-mature half combo that they desperately need (discounting Pearce as an option because he really needs to be moved on), where does that leave Matterson? There's a conundrum because out of all the Roosters young halves options, he is the one that stands out as a future (and not distant future I might add) star to me, there is just something about him.

Anyway, why do I care about solving the Roosters problems, I should be loving it...and I am. Incoherent babble over.

Last edited:
CkOt0mRUYAEPanl.jpg:large

Manly training paddock this morning.

Hmmm...something is not right there at the Roosters with their culture at present.

I I think they also realise they got rid of the wrong half last year and now it has come back to bite them. For all Hastings' talent, if he is a divisive jerk, the Roosters would be well served to see what effect a player of that ilk can have on an entire club no matter how talented they are simply by looking at Farah. They may be better served if that is the case by chasing a Moses or Brooks. That said, the only half of any note that I'm aware of being off contract next year is Norman. KNik is super talented but of the wrong age for what the Roosters need. That leaves Blake Green but he has all the hallmarks of a typical Storm player that would turn to rubbish if put outside that system.

So...worth a punt on Benji of all people? I would say no BUT if Bastings isn't as divisive as he seems to be and actually genuinely has a point about Friend, Norman might funnily enough actually be the best fit for the Roosters from what is available. They need a more mature, seasoned half (hard to rate Norman as that I know but there it is).

Bottom line is that the Roosters have a future superstar in Mitchell, now they just have to get the other pieces right. But if they do go the Hastings-mature half combo that they desperately need (discounting Pearce as an option because he really needs to be moved on), where does that leave Matterson? There's a conundrum because out of all the Roosters young halves options, he is the one that stands out as a future (and not distant future I might add) star to me, there is just something about him.

Anyway, why do I care about solving the Roosters problems, I should be loving it...and I am. Incoherent babble over.

Great post, couldn't agree more.

Kevin Hastings isn't doing his son any favours by bitching about the other players etc to the media & Jackson Hastings isn't doing himself any favours by throwing his weight around & telling other players on how to play football.

Seems like he expects to be treated like a king because of who his father is.

I can't believe how many Broncos fans think we will win the GF this year. Incredible blind support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • porouian
  • BroncosAlways
  • lynx000
  • The Strapper
  • Shane Tronc
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
  • john1420
  • Harry Sack
  • kiwibronco
  • HarryAllan7
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.