NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FMD, give the bloke a break, he is one of the few on here that is not consistently negative every fucking post.

unfortunately that is one of the reasons i'm a pariah around here.

I never thought i'd see BHQ turn into LU ... but here we are

All good according to foordy.

Broncos can do no wrong. We run a very tight ship, all great talent going to other clubs while we win the spoon.

are they great talent? ... have you seen them play? are they guaranteed to be superstars?

unfortunately that is one of the reasons i'm a pariah around here.

I never thought i'd see BHQ turn into LU ... but here we are
Enjoy the spoon mate. We hold it for all of 2021.

Should be obvious by now, some of the staff posters here are related to the CEO/board.

Fine

Reminder - we came 16th out of 16 last year.
No shit sherlock, thanks for that. In other startling news, water is wet.

There were numerous reasons for that result which have been addressed ad naseum, but just for your benefit, here we go again:

1. We had a horrific injury toll and in key positions - hopefully with a bit of luck that will not be the case this year.

2. The entire competition shut down for an extended period - hopefully that will not be the case this year.

3. We did not handle that break in the competition at all well and in my view our players did not come back fit or motivated - it goes without saying that hopefully that will not be the case this year.

4. The governing body saw fit to substantially change the rules and the way that the game is played, after the competition had started and toward the end of that break in the competition - given we had one of the youngest squads with the most inept coaching squad those changes impacted upon our club significantly. Once again, it goes without saying that hopefully this will not be the case this year.

5. Did I mention that we had one of the youngest squads and a heavy injury toll? Well guess what, the shut down of the Qld Cup competition meant that our younger players and development players were not getting any game time. Hopefully that will not be the case this year.

6. The players had to adhere to strict rules regarding how they lived. Once again, having a much younger squad apparently full of entitled asswipes, also adversely impacted upon us. Hopefully, the competition as a whole will not be subject to the same rules this year - and if they are, our team will be better placed to manage this.

7. Did am sucI mention our coaching team sucked? Well that has been completely changed and although Kev is unproven at this level, in my view we have a far better balanced and experienced coaching team. A significant change from last year.

8. Our less than stellar coaching team was further weakened by forced redundancies and other part-time members like Parker and Hodges not being able to be involved because they were not in the bubble. This will not be the case this year.

9. It was clear that our coaching team were not able to adjust to the rule changes and were apparently incapable of teaching our squad basic attacking and defensive structures. Hopefully that will not be the case this year.

10. It was relatively clear following the first two games after resuming from the break in the competition that the morale within the club had hit all time lows and did not improve. From the outside looking in, there seemed to be a split in the squad for some reason - once again, hopefully this will not be the case this year and Kevvie can address the issues and make training and club time a more enjoyable experience again. Having Kevvie, Langer and Steve Walters around the squad, I cannot see how this will not be the case.

11. The team were not playing for their coach or each other last year. Once again, hopefully this will not be the case this year in light of the ten preceding points.

So, in summary, I think there is a hell of a lot to be positive and optimistic about and I believe you will see a marked improvement in our performances and our table position by the end of the season.

There were numerous reasons for that result which have been addressed ad naseum, but just for your benefit, here we go again:

1. We had a horrific injury toll and in key positions - hopefully with a bit of luck that will not be the case this year.

2. The entire competition shut down for an extended period - hopefully that will not be the case this year.

3. We did not handle that break in the competition at all well and in my view our players did not come back fit or motivated - it goes without saying that hopefully that will not be the case this year.

4. The governing body saw fit to substantially change the rules and the way that the game is played, after the competition had started and toward the end of that break in the competition - given we had one of the youngest squads with the most inept coaching squad those changes impacted upon our club significantly. Once again, it goes without saying that hopefully this will not be the case this year.

5. Did I mention that we had one of the youngest squads and a heavy injury toll? Well guess what, the shut down of the Qld Cup competition meant that our younger players and development players were not getting any game time. Hopefully that will not be the case this year.

6. The players had to adhere to strict rules regarding how they lived. Once again, having a much younger squad apparently full of entitled asswipes, also adversely impacted upon us. Hopefully, the competition as a whole will not be subject to the same rules this year - and if they are, our team will be better placed to manage this.

7. Did am sucI mention our coaching team sucked? Well that has been completely changed and although Kev is unproven at this level, in my view we have a far better balanced and experienced coaching team. A significant change from last year.

8. Our less than stellar coaching team was further weakened by forced redundancies and other part-time members like Parker and Hodges not being able to be involved because they were not in the bubble. This will not be the case this year.

9. It was clear that our coaching team were not able to adjust to the rule changes and were apparently incapable of teaching our squad basic attacking and defensive structures. Hopefully that will not be the case this year.

10. It was relatively clear following the first two games after resuming from the break in the competition that the morale within the club had hit all time lows and did not improve. From the outside looking in, there seemed to be a split in the squad for some reason - once again, hopefully this will not be the case this year and Kevvie can address the issues and make training and club time a more enjoyable experience again. Having Kevvie, Langer and Steve Walters around the squad, I cannot see how this will not be the case.

11. The team were not playing for their coach or each other last year. Once again, hopefully this will not be the case this year in light of the ten preceding points.

So, in summary, I think there is a hell of a lot to be positive and optimistic about and I believe you will see a marked improvement in our performances and our table position by the end of the season.
We might sneak into 14th or 15th

If injuries are kinder, we will do a hell of a lot better than that.
Mate i know injuries fucked us partly...but.....other clubs had injuries too and obviously did better than us....the roster doesnt instill confidence in us doing any better....i was looking for the 2022 season onwards to building with more deadwood gone but if this season is mediocre ...what so- called stars when available will want to come here? And ill end this by saying alex glenn was shopped around last season with no takers.....so broncos made him captain....🤢

Mate i know injuries fucked us partly...but.....other clubs had injuries too and obviously did better than us....the roster doesnt instill confidence in us doing any better....i was looking for the 2022 season onwards to building with more deadwood gone but if this season is mediocre ...what so- called stars when available will want to come here? And ill end this by saying alex glenn was shopped around last season with no takers.....so broncos made him captain....🤢
Who would you have made captain in his absence?

Excuses.

You'd do well on the Broncos board.

lets see if we can start a new rumour for the mole to publish :P

Andrew Hill who has just resigned from the Bulldogs emerges as shock contender for the vacant Broncos CEO role

lets see if we can start a new rumour for the mole to publish :P

Andrew Hill who has just resigned from the Bulldogs emerges as shock contender for the vacant Broncos CEO role
Why can’t it be a good rumour... like Capewell set to join the broncos

NRL.com are starting to upload old seasons onto their website. It's going to take awhile but they've just begun uploading the 2015 season.

It's a promising development and may suggest they're going to upload the entire NRL era.

I hope so - so many games between 98-06 I haven't seen. Would pay to see them too.

Former Panthers, Wests Tigers hooker and Samoan International Masada Iosefa has died following a tragic quad bike accident last night.

The talented hooker passed away just hours short of his 33rd birthday today and is being mourned by team-mates at Rockhampton, where he was set to captain the Emu Park team this season.

Born in Samoa, Iosefa moved to Sydney with his family at a young age and was a schoolboy star at Patrician Brothers' College, Blacktown.

He was signed by Penrith and made 43 appearances between 2008 and 2011.

He then played for Wests Tigers in 2012-13, often filling in for star hooker Robbie Farah.

Iosefa also played two Tests for Samoa and was a member of the New Zealand World Cup squad.

Source: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/masada...accident/f999df7a-532b-4f7c-992f-1d734989106b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.