NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why add 2 for the sake of it though? What if only 1 team is feasible?
Because with two teams you get the benefit of another game per round to sell to the broadcaster which can offset the costs associated with the teams (salary cap money etc).

With only one team you get no extra game but all the costs associated with introducing the new team.

Last edited:
Because with two teams you get the benefit of another game per round to sell to the broadcaster which can offset the costs associated with the teams (salary cap money etc).

With only one team you get no extra game but all the costs associated with introducing the new team.
Agree but what if 1 team is doomed to fail and added just for the sake of it, will just become another failure.

I assuming the NRL's focus by adding just 1 Brisbane team would still purely be about getting a game of NRL in Brisbane every week of the season, so when the Broncos play away the second Brisbane team will play at home.

I don't get adding just the one extra team.
Got to find ~50 NRL quality players for 2 teams though, not to mention coaching and support staff.

Not sure if there are 50 NRL level players required without diminishing the quality of the competition?

I assuming the NRL's focus by adding just 1 Brisbane team would still purely be about getting a game of NRL in Brisbane every week of the season, so when the Broncos play away the second Brisbane team will play at home.
That makes sense...........so I bet the NRL don’t do it.

Jarome Hughes has signed on for three more years at the Storm on a $2 million plus contract extension according to Brent Read.

Last edited:
Jarome Hughes has signed on for three more years at the Storm on a $2 million plus contract extension according to Brent Read.

Well that is one off the market for us then. I'd still be throwing the chequebook at Grant, make sure he knows that.

How are the Dolphins going to sort their team colors out vis-a-vis Merge?

Last edited:
the NRL are reportedly also considering a second NZ team

Good to see that the NRL consider the word "National" in their title to only refer to the east coast of Australia and NZ, lol

Totally agree. Meanwhile, Perth with all their already established systems just throw a chair out the window and say, 'You idiots serious?'

Last edited:
Totally agree. Meanwhile, Perth with all there already established systems just throw a chair out the window and say, 'You idiots serious?'

not to mention the time difference is a perfect selling point, so the TV networks can play an extra game live rather than on delay

not to mention the time difference is a perfect selling point, so the TV networks can play an extra game live rather than on delay

I totally get and understand a second Brisbane team, as long as it isn't called 'Brisbane' 2 essentially. I love the idea of Redcliff or Ipswich.

A Perth team as the other new team is an absolute no-brainer. But no, let's put in a second team in NZ that is already struggling with just one team.

Ponga talking about putting names on jerseys.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

is there any rule stopping a club doing it?

I personally have no strong feelings either way

is there any rule stopping a club doing it?

I personally have no strong feelings either way

I wonder why they don't? Maybe to make the Origin jersey a bit more special?

I'd like to see it for special games, Anzac, Indigenous, finals etc.

He wants an RTS jersey..I think you could afford a custom one mate.

Thoughts?
Would lose sponsorship space.

The jerseys are basically walking billboards with the clubs looking to sell every square inch of it like a Nascar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Justwin
  • Bucking Beads
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • sooticus
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.