NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Daily Telegraph can reveal up to seven players are flatly opposed to wearing the jumper on religious beliefs, including wingers Jason Saab and Christian Tuipulotu, along with star forward Josh Aloiai."

Busy day for NRL HQ then.

"The Daily Telegraph can reveal up to seven players are flatly opposed to wearing the jumper on religious beliefs, including wingers Jason Saab and Christian Tuipulotu, along with star forward Josh Aloiai."

Busy day for NRL HQ then.
I will be interesting to see how this is handled. Would the players not play with a gay person on their team or the opposition? It's easy to slap some colours on a jersey, let's see how Manly address this bigotry in a long term and more meaningful display of their ethical standpoints.

Reactions: LGH
I will be interesting to see how this is handled. Would the players not play with a gay person on their team or the opposition? It's easy to slap some colours on a jersey, let's see how Manly address this bigotry in a long term and more meaningful display of their ethical standpoints.
It's not bigotry at all. It's a free country. They can't be forced to wear something that is completely against what they stand for as humans.

Not to mention that it's women in league round. Are they saying all women are gay? What is their point here? Just a bit wierd.

I hope those same players don't have tats, cause you know, bible says and all that jazz.

I support the LGBTQ community wholeheartedly, but I have to agree if a player does not want to wear the jersey because of their religious beliefs that's fair enough.

Similarly, I'd refuse to wear a jersey if it was plastered by any sort of religious motif too because some of their dogma is simply downright neanderthal in its reasoning.

It's not bigotry at all. It's a free country. They can't be forced to wear something that is completely against what they stand for as humans.
True that. Except it is a uniform and it's a private enterprise and not a free one. Welcome to capitalism, lads.

I support the LGBTQ community wholeheartedly, but I have to agree if a player does not want to wear the jersey because of their religious beliefs that's fair enough.

Similarly, I'd refuse to wear a jersey if it was plastered by any sort of religious motif too because some of their dogma is simply downright neanderthal in its reasoning.
The question is if you would still work for that team? Would you go to a team that is more ideologically fitting for you.

Oh I see this is the issue. Any odds this is from Vlandys? Relates the jersey! Release it! Make someone else the bad guys today ummk?

The question is if you would still work for that team? Would you go to a team that is more ideologically fitting for you.
As far as religion goes if somebody wants to believe in a god that deems it fine to give new born babies incurable bone cancer that's their concern. Just don't try to sprout the shit around me. If a club makes it known that they are ideologically based on (any) religion I'd be giving them a huge body swerve.

So would you feel the same about this players if they refused to wear the indigenous jersey based on religious beliefs and/or the way they feel against indigenous people?

apparently the Sea Eagles have an interim CEO. their new CEO starts on Monday.

good thing for him to be walking into, lol

As far as religion goes if somebody wants to believe in a god that deems it fine to give new born babies incurable bone cancer that's their concern. Just don't try to sprout the shit around me. If a club makes it known that they are ideologically based on (any) religion I'd be giving them a huge body swerve.
Absolutely. Should it not also apply to the inverse then? That if you're fundamentally opposed to the view that any individual is free to love and be loved by any person, however they do, and your company says that they hold these beliefs, would you not also avoid that company on your own morals? Is the contract worth more than your morals?

Can't wait for Israel Folau's stupid take on this and Clive Palmer initiating another court case against Manly and the NRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.