NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. Should it not also apply to the inverse then? That if you're fundamentally opposed to the view that any individual is free to love and be loved by any person, however they do, and your company says that they hold these beliefs, would you not also avoid that company on your own morals? Is the contract worth more than your morals?

Can't wait for Israel Folau's stupid take on this and Clive Palmer initiating another court case against Manly and the NRL.
But I'm not opposed to this. All I said was I respect the religious twats that want to sook about it as they have rights too.

But I'm not opposed to this. All I said was I respect the religious twats that want to sook about it as they have rights too.
Yeah, social rights external to the organisation. But in terms of being employees, they need to understand that their contractually bound to the club in these matters. So, it is a huge issue for Manly and the NRL due to one jersey.

They have the right to like it or lump it, not to dictate their policies onto others ahead of the club.

As long as they understand Free speech doesn't mean free from consequences, then it's up to them.

Apparently, players aren't even allowed to vape at halftime anymore 😂, but free to be homophobic

So would you feel the same about this players if they refused to wear the indigenous jersey based on religious beliefs and/or the way they feel against indigenous people?
There is a huge difference there🤣. Number one is that isn't a valid hypothetical as generally speaking indigenous jerseys have nothing to do with religion.

I'm sure none of these players hate the pride community, it's more they don't want to show support to it. It's something they don't stand with so they have to make a stand. it would be wrong for these players to make a compromise just because they get paid to play rugby. It's a matter of what's right for these players. Standing true to their convictions.

It's not bigotry at all. It's a free country. They can't be forced to wear something that is completely against what they stand for as humans.
It is absolutely bigotry and using religion to say you're against a certain group of people's lifestyle is dumb. If their god is too outraged to let them wear rainbows while they run around in shorts tackling other men, getting changed before and after the game in the same room as men, showering with men, kissing them when they score tries, rolling around trying to get them on their backs for dominance and trying to hold balls for 80 minutes, he can get fucked too.

If we are going to continuously let these people pray on the field they need to be ok with wearing a rainbow. Otherwise ban prayer on the field too. At the end of the day, these hypocrites can just ask their god for forgiveness on Sunday, like they do after they drink, cheat on their wives and gamble.

Rugby League is for everyone.

So would you feel the same about this players if they refused to wear the indigenous jersey based on religious beliefs and/or the way they feel against indigenous people?
has this ever happened? What a stupid argument. Every aboriginal person I have ever met is a proud indigenous person.

if you weren’t aboriginal but was told you must wear indigenous attire would you not have a wtf moment?

what a stupid comparison.

has this ever happened? What a stupid argument. Every aboriginal person I have ever met is a proud indigenous person.

if you weren’t aboriginal but was told you must wear indigenous attire would you not have a wtf moment?

what a stupid comparison.
Lol what? The teams wear indigenous jerseys every year.

If it was just for gay people I’d be fine with it. But it’s also for people who have been told their mental illness is completely normal and nothing that needs treatment.

quite disgusting imo.

refusing to wear the pride jersey doesn't fall into that category ... hell, even what Folau did doesn't fall into that category
Queensland's Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 and amendments create laws that are similar to Tasmania's. In 2001, the Islamic Council of Queensland brought the first action under the Anti-Discrimination Act for victimisation on account of religion. The Islamic Council complained that the respondent Mr. Lamb, a candidate in a federal election, had expressed some unfavourable opinions about Muslims in an electioneering-pamphlet. Walter Sofronoff, for the Anti-Discrimination Tribunal, dismissed the action on the ground that Mr. Lamb did not intend to incite hatred or contempt but rather wanted to let the electors know his opinions on political matters.[13]

Tassie:

Section 19 of Tasmania's Anti-Discrimination Act 1998 prohibits anyone from inciting hatred. The Act says:

A person, by a public act, must not incite hatred towards, serious contempt for, or severe ridicule of, a person or a group of persons on the ground of – (a) the race of the person or any member of the group; or (b) any disability of the person or any member of the group; or (c) the sexual orientation or lawful sexual activity of the person or any member of the group; or (d) the religious belief or affiliation or religious activity of the person or any member of the group.

Sounds like a public display of serious contempt to me...

If it was just for gay people I’d be fine with it. But it’s also for people who have been told their mental illness is completely normal and nothing that needs treatment.

quite disgusting imo.
explain, please

Queensland's Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 and amendments create laws that are similar to Tasmania's. In 2001, the Islamic Council of Queensland brought the first action under the Anti-Discrimination Act for victimisation on account of religion. The Islamic Council complained that the respondent Mr. Lamb, a candidate in a federal election, had expressed some unfavourable opinions about Muslims in an electioneering-pamphlet. Walter Sofronoff, for the Anti-Discrimination Tribunal, dismissed the action on the ground that Mr. Lamb did not intend to incite hatred or contempt but rather wanted to let the electors know his opinions on political matters.[13]

Tassie:

Section 19 of Tasmania's Anti-Discrimination Act 1998 prohibits anyone from inciting hatred. The Act says:

A person, by a public act, must not incite hatred towards, serious contempt for, or severe ridicule of, a person or a group of persons on the ground of – (a) the race of the person or any member of the group; or (b) any disability of the person or any member of the group; or (c) the sexual orientation or lawful sexual activity of the person or any member of the group; or (d) the religious belief or affiliation or religious activity of the person or any member of the group.

Sounds like a public display of serious contempt to me...

when did the Sea Eagles relocate north of the border? or south to Tassie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  • blacknwhite
  • Horseheadsup
  • ettybay
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.