NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Should be free sorry for Manly, having Seibold as coach, or do we say F@ck em & laugh & hope he stuffs them up.

Didn't the Trbojevic brothers have it in their contract that Des has to be coach.
I guess this will be an opportunity to see if the issue was Seibold's coaching/man management or the Broncos playing group.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Will he? Whether we agree with the decision or not, Des has basically now been a big part of running Manly into the ground twice and the Bulldogs once, I think clubs will be very wary of taking him on as head coach now.

He doesn’t leave clubs in a good condition. Would the possibly short term gain of getting him on board be worth the inevitable long term destruction?

But then, what do I know, Seibold is about to get another gig in exactly the same circumstances he got his last one and well, he’s back.
Both Dogs and Manly have issues with how their club is run, their boards are often at war. With a strong CEO, and a clear definition of what power Des has, I think any issue like that could be avoided.

Holy shit, Manly actually fucking did it.

Im actually so keen to see Seibold have another crack - whether it goes good bad or indifferent it will be entertaining. The poor bastard must love a challenge though, takes the hardest possible gigs
I still think Siebold is a gun assistant coach, but doesn't have the people management to be head coach. Analytically he is top notch.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
F3435D5C C8C7 46EF 87DB 163B263C976D

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Both Dogs and Manly have issues with how their club is run, their boards are often at war. With a strong CEO, and a clear definition of what power Des has, I think any issue like that could be avoided.

I still think Siebold is a gun assistant coach, but doesn't have the people management to be head coach. Analytically he is top notch.
“Gun” might be a bit strong

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
If Dessie gets into Seibs head like Wayne did its all over already. Seibold couldnt handle the Bennett legacy and he is walking into a similar situation at Manly.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Gotta love this. Imagine dooming your own organization to Seibold just to give Hasler the finger. It's a lovely case of schadenfreude for Broncos supporters.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I don't think Seibs has to worry about the players staging a mutiny over Des being sacked.

He's been at the club before and he's got a relationship with the senior players.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
The comparisons to us are staggering. Hopefully it has the same effect, but surely he won't walk in and rip the guts out of the place? Bet he's got a sweet playlist worked out for the first training session though. I'm imagining a lot of Village People with several different renditions of "It's Raining Men" to feature.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
The club did this to themselves, they derailed their season with the pride jersey and then Essentially blamed the coach for it who wasn't even informed about any of it(not saying what the players did was right because it was childish and hypocritical, but as a club making sure it's fine with the playing group is critical), the Owner seems to have a ego trip that can't cope with how Hasler operates and it's gone pear shaped, now he has gone and signed a coach who gave Broncos their first spoon in their history who keep in mind Joined in basically the exact same circumstance as this.

To top off this beautiful self sabotage their best player is looking at his options to leave, which I imagine makes the club very attractive for others to want to join when they look at both the players left and the coach.

Truely one the moments of all time.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
To top off this beautiful self sabotage their best player is looking at his options to leave, which I imagine makes the club very attractive for others to want to join when they look at both the players left and the coach.

I hope the Broncos are exploring their options with this.

I don't care if we have to get rid of a few of our promising youngsters. If we can land Turbo Tom, that would elevate our side to new levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.