NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I hope the Broncos are exploring their options with this.

I don't care if we have to get rid of a few of our promising youngsters. If we can land Turbo Tom, that would elevate our side to new levels.
In order to get them I would say we would need to give them Cobbo, Haas and probably Mam, Jake would probably ask for money similar to Haas with Tommy being the cost of Cobbo and Mam.(Cobbo to be their fullback and Mam to cover the 6 they need)

Personally while it would be good to dream it's not feasible it would be alot easier if Tom didn't have his brother as a latch on.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
So...where does Turbo go and more importantly, how do the Roosters justify this one?
If boththe Trbojevic boys went to bulldogs they would be an immediate premiership threat. As a footy fan I would love to see it

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
In order to get them I would say we would need to give them Cobbo, Haas and probably Mam, Jake would probably ask for money similar to Haas with Tommy being the cost of Cobbo and Mam.(Cobbo to be their fullback and Mam to cover the 6 they need)

Personally while it would be good to dream it's not feasible it would be alot easier if Tom didn't have his brother as a latch on.
lol they won’t want Mam. They’re in love with the chubby lazy show pony who forced Foran out.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
lol they won’t want Mam. They’re in love with the chubby lazy show pony who forced Foran out.
He was dropped for plenty of games last season, I think they jumped the gun thinking that because the talk of Foran staying was probably started from Manly.

Not to mention he was one of the players that didn't play because of some colours on a jersey.

It's honestly pretty funny how fucked Manly are.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
If Manly allow Trbo to leave, surely they'd want Jrbo gone too. Let's not forget Jake is on over a million and is barely worth half that.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The comparisons to us are staggering. Hopefully it has the same effect, but surely he won't walk in and rip the guts out of the place? Bet he's got a sweet playlist worked out for the first training session though. I'm imagining a lot of Village People with several different renditions of "It's Raining Men" to feature.

this situation actually has similarities between both his stints with us AND with the Rabbitohs.

with the Rabbitohs because they have a solid finals ready roster that shouldn't need too much tinkering.

and with us because of the messy situation that he steps into

p.s. watch the bidding war, if Turbo comes onto the market (with the Dolphins likely driving up his price before missing out on him) ...

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I’d love to have des around our club in some capacity, even if it’s as a consultant

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
He was dropped for plenty of games last season, I think they jumped the gun thinking that because the talk of Foran staying was probably started from Manly.

Not to mention he was one of the players that didn't play because of some colours on a jersey.

It's honestly pretty funny how fucked Manly are.
I didn’t say it was smart from them but higher ups at the club love the dude. He’s there 6 without a doubt. Des’s treatment of him very likely played a part in his sacking.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Des won't be an assistant anywhere. There's a Dragons job and possibly a Titans job up for grabs in the next year IMO. That said, if I was Tim Sheens I'd be giving him a sneaky call to see if he's interested in the Tigers job until another HC role comes up. I think Sheens only took on the job as coach for the next couple of years to mentor Benji because there were no legitimate options available to fill that role. Des could do that, allowing Sheens to maintain his focus on everything else. No idea if it would work but it would be worth a phone call.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Des won't be an assistant anywhere. There's a Dragons job and possibly a Titans job up for grabs in the next year IMO. That said, if I was Tim Sheens I'd be giving him a sneaky call to see if he's interested in the Tigers job until another HC role comes up. I think Sheens only took on the job as coach for the next couple of years to mentor Benji because there were no legitimate options available to fill that role. Des could do that, allowing Sheens to maintain his focus on everything else. No idea if it would work but it would be worth a phone call.
Dragons would be a good move.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
So...where does Turbo go and more importantly, how do the Roosters justify this one?
For the 74th time this year.. .
48F3A42D B0FE 43D7 ADD9 711D6E0E175B

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017

He had to have his ankle rebuilt .
Syndesmosis . Strap the shin bones back together . That often means lower form than pre injury for a period of time .

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I’d love to have des around our club in some capacity, even if it’s as a consultant

To many cooks spoil the broth .
That`s why Ikin and Kevie weren`t friends for a while .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Harry Sack
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Manofoneway
  • mrslong
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • john1420
  • Lostboy
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.