NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how long till players are wanting out? before origin game 2 after game 3?

not only did the Dragons miss out on Ryles ... but their major sponsor of 40 years is ending their association with the club.

St George bank is prepared to stay on as a major sponsor until the end of 2024 ... but that's it for them, they've had enough

not only did the Dragons miss out on Ryles ... but their major sponsor of 40 years is ending their association with the club.

St George bank is prepared to stay on as a major sponsor until the end of 2024 ... but that's it for them, they've had enough

Apparently due to the attitude of the players off-field, and off-field incidents...nothing has hit the media on that front of late has it?

Apparently due to the attitude of the players off-field, and off-field incidents...nothing has hit the media on that front of late has it?

I don't think anything new has ... maybe it's been building for a while

Ryles met with the Dragons CEO and Head of Football and apparently one of the sticking points for Ryles was that he wanted to bring in his own people, and it sounds like one of those was a new Head of Football.

It seems as though the Dragons had other ideas when it came to that because Ryles had cold feet about the job after that meeting and opted to take up a role at Storm.

Ryles is very very highly rated amongst the Rugby League community regarding his coaching ability so the Dragons missing out on a promising coaching prospect when it's slim pickings out there, they are a shambles.

Ryles met with the Dragons CEO and Head of Football and apparently one of the sticking points for Ryles was that he wanted to bring in his own people, and it sounds like one of those was a new Head of Football.

It seems as though the Dragons had other ideas when it came to that because Ryles had cold feet about the job after that meeting and opted to take up a role at Storm.

Ryles is very very highly rated amongst the Rugby League community regarding his coaching ability so the Dragons missing out on a promising coaching prospect when it's slim pickings out there, they are a shambles.
"He'S NoT a RoOkIE CoACh!"

I like that he is coming in prepared with a game plan to do his job.

To be fair, though, offloading and hiring a new head of football probably wasn't in the consideration for Dragons, which is also pretty dumb.

"He'S NoT a RoOkIE CoACh!"

I like that he is coming in prepared with a game plan to do his job.

To be fair, though, offloading and hiring a new head of football probably wasn't in the consideration for Dragons, which is also pretty dumb.
Some would say signing Griffin in the first place was pretty dumb though.

if i were the tigpies id hold off on brooks and see how the hunt merge thing plays out for a bit,maybe have a few informal conversations

Honestly channel 9 treats rugby league like shit, I hope we get rid of them next tv deal.

I don't watch the Sunday footy show much bcos it's normally a nsw wank fest. But one thing I've noticed lately is the Sunday game that isn't on channel 9 (the 2pm foxtel game) they write "please check your local guides for time" instead of putting it there bcos it is on Fox sports. How about promoting the fucking game you petty *****...

Wests Tigers star Luke Brooks has dropped a bombshell on the club after informing them of his plans to leave at the end of the season.

Brooks had a two-year extension on the table from the club but it is understood he informed Tigers assistant coach Benji Marshall on Sunday morning that he would not be taking up the deal.
It means Brooks will head to the open market, where he is expected to attract offers from the NRL and Super League.
“Disappointed,” Tigers chair Lee Hagipantelis said.
“The fact that we made an offer indicated that the club’s intention was to retain Luke. Our desire was to retain him.
“It would have been very nice to have seen him play out his career at the Wests Tigers. Unfortunately it wasn’t to be.
“He is a seasoned professional, he has been with the club for quite some time, we made an offer which we believed to be a fair market offer, a genuine offer.
“The offer wasn’t acceptable which is fair enough. He is perfectly entitled to make that decision to go out and test the market.”

Un. Believable.

After all of that rope, all of that persistence despite how shit he was for them, Brooks is the one to tell the Tigers to go to hell....

What. A. merkin.

I am thoroughly impressed with the way Webster (as a 'rookie' coach) has turned the Warriors around this year. Their defence is miles away from last year and he seems to have built in a mental toughness which is showing in their resilient attitude to adversity. The way they handled the emotions of Croker's 300th game at a full house in Canberra is commendable.

I'd happily consider him when it comes time to replace our Kevvie if he was available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  • Midean
  • kiwi2
  • Lurker
  • Volvo Driver
  • peter09
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.