NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013

Un. Believable.

After all of that rope, all of that persistence despite how shit he was for them, Brooks is the one to tell the Tigers to go to hell....

What. A. merkin.

I would suggest that means that he has something lined up at one of the other NRL clubs. Somebody is about to throw decent coin at him.

Hmmm.......I wonder if the Titans are going to throw some more money at the halfback wall?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I am thoroughly impressed with the way Webster (as a 'rookie' coach) has turned the Warriors around this year. Their defence is miles away from last year and he seems to have built in a mental toughness which is showing in their resilient attitude to adversity. The way they handled the emotions of Croker's 300th game at a full house in Canberra is commendable.

I'd happily consider him when it comes time to replace our Kevvie if he was available.

Let's see how he goes post-first year. Look at what one Antonio Seesbottoms did on the back of one good year. But even so, I don't think Kevvie is going anywhere, he is proving to be pretty good so far.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Let's see how he goes post-first year. Look at what one Antonio Seesbottoms did on the back of one good year. But even so, I don't think Kevvie is going anywhere, he is proving to be pretty good so far.
Pies took over an already established team. Webster has shown much more coaching nous to get the Warriors to where they are now.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Pies took over an already established team. Webster has shown much more coaching nous to get the Warriors to where they are now.

Still a first year coach. Look at Raw Bones right now at Cronulla and Payten at the Cows, that is a similar kind of situation. I too have been very impressed with Webster but let's wait and see.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Still a first year coach. Look at Raw Bones right now at Cronulla and Payten at the Cows, that is a similar kind of situation. I too have been very impressed with Webster but let's wait and see.
I did say consider in the future after Kevvie's time was up if you recall?

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017

Un. Believable.

After all of that rope, all of that persistence despite how shit he was for them, Brooks is the one to tell the Tigers to go to hell....

What. A. merkin.
Cant blame him for wanting out at the tigers, similar situation as milford over paid for a job you cant do atleast with brooks he tried to get out a couple of times.
Will probably go well somewhere like canberra that plays him at 6 and lets him be more a running half.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
The Warriors are going alright but let's not forget who the NRL's fairytale team is this year when thinking about how well they're going.

It's like WWE. They made them face a monstrous challenge that they definitely couldn't beat (The NRL) and then now they're playing better and winning games? Fancy that.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
The Warriors are going alright but let's not forget who the NRL's fairytale team is this year when thinking about how well they're going.

It's like WWE. They made them face a monstrous challenge that they definitely couldn't beat (The NRL) and then now they're playing better and winning games? Fancy that.
I still contend they’re getting just as many shit calls against them as we are though.

IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
Is Teddy cooked?

Watching Tedesco fall over trying to tackle Hammer in origin and also a similar effort on the weekend... Brought back Darius vibes from his final few seasons.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015

Conspiracies are outta control on this site

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
NRL headquarters is flat God dammit
Flat earth global warming

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Hooper reporting that a rogue Dragons board member is preparing to put up some resistance to Flanagan becoming the new head coach.

since the board have to be unanimous in their decision on who to appoint as coach, this could cost Flanagan the job

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Hooper reporting that a rogue Dragons board member is preparing to put up some resistance to Flanagan becoming the new head coach.

since the board have to be unanimous in their decision on who to appoint as coach, this could cost Flanagan the job

Akira Kurosawa Arson GIF by Maudit

What a terrible club. Not that I think Flanagan is that much chop either anyway.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I am thoroughly impressed with the way Webster (as a 'rookie' coach) has turned the Warriors around this year. Their defence is miles away from last year and he seems to have built in a mental toughness which is showing in their resilient attitude to adversity. The way they handled the emotions of Croker's 300th game at a full house in Canberra is commendable.

I'd happily consider him when it comes time to replace our Kevvie if he was available.

I can't recall a Warriors team that I've been more impressed with tbh. They're no longer all flare, there's some serious defensive grit in this team. That's not an individual thing, that's a team mentality which for mine comes down to coaching. It remains to be seen whether they maintain it but for now, full props to Webster.
Cant blame him for wanting out at the tigers, similar situation as milford over paid for a job you cant do atleast with brooks he tried to get out a couple of times. Will probably go well somewhere like canberra that plays him at 6 and lets him be more a running half.

I'd say Newcastle tbh. They thought they had him last year(?) apparently until Sheenius stepped in and said yeah, nah he's staying. I don't agree with it fyi, that little leech has been paid massive overs at that club for years and never delivered. He owes them big time IMO...but at the same time, maybe he needs a circuit breaker? No point keeping a player that doesn't want to hang around.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Shane Flanagan will reportedly be the new Dragons coach.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Wow how many cliches can one man fit into a few sentences? I think Hooper has obliterated whatever record that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • Skathen
  • the_next
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Financeguy
  • MrMoore
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Culhwch
  • Broncorob
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • Professor47
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bronx48
  • HVbronco
... and 90 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.