NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who throws a shoe honestly
Not enough love for this tweet
aroused austin powers GIF

What is it with head coaching roles in the NRL?

I mean they will recycle Nathan ******* Brown, a wooden spoon coach, someone who won a premiership almost two decades ago and someone who did more medical experimenting than the Wuhan Covid Lab.. instead of giving new people and ideas a chance...

I think there's something wrong with the thinking behind it all.

What is it with head coaching roles in the NRL?

I mean they will recycle Nathan ******* Brown, a wooden spoon coach, someone who won a premiership almost two decades ago and someone who did more medical experimenting than the Wuhan Covid Lab.. instead of giving new people and ideas a chance...

I think there's something wrong with the thinking behind it all.

Explain? We talking Dean Young and Hornby? Personally, I think Ryles got a look behind the curtain at St George and noped the **** out of there.

FTR, I'm not a fan of Flanno getting another coaching gig...but I could just be biased. I think St Merge would definitely require a more seasoned coach like Des for example, not a rookie first time coach. That joint needs a massive clean out, top to bottom by the sounds of things.

Explain? We talking Dean Young and Hornby? Personally, I think Ryles got a look behind the curtain at St George and noped the **** out of there.

FTR, I'm not a fan of Flanno getting another coaching gig...but I could just be biased. I think St Merge would definitely require a more seasoned coach like Des for example, not a rookie first time coach. That joint needs a massive clean out, top to bottom by the sounds of things.
I think there's massive scope to try coaches who have impressive results and new ideas... hungry talent who could be purchased cheap on shorter deails. It seems very much like the selections are done by committees who make political decisions... ie.... much easier to pick someone who has done it before that way you won't look stupid when they fail, which is probably exactly how it's done.

And I think the long apprenticeships leading to head coach gigs is just one baby step away in terms of courage... It's the decision you make when the tried and sacked coach choices are so awful you have nowhere else to go.. or so it seems to whoever makes these decisions.

And peptides. They need peptides.

I need to give Cam Munster a huge wrap for his trolling of druggy Johns on this morning's footy show.

The panel were interviewing JT and Munster and when it was John's turn to ask a question he never said hello or anything he just said "Munster you were...blah, blah, blah..". I thought it was a bit unprofessional not to at least use his first name but anyway just as the interview finished Cam said " Hey Joey...have you made up with your brother yet?" Then him and JT burst out laughing and fist bumped each other. The camera cut to Johns and I swear there was smoke coming out of his collar. He just sat there on camera tight lipped, but you could see he was deadset furious.

I need to give Cam Munster a huge wrap for his trolling of druggy Johns on this morning's footy show.

The panel were interviewing JT and Munster and when it was John's turn to ask a question he never said hello or anything he just said "Munster you were...blah, blah, blah..". I thought it was a bit unprofessional not to at least use his first name but anyway just as the interview finished Cam said " Hey Joey...have you made up with your brother yet?" Then him and JT burst out laughing and fist bumped each other. The camera cut to Johns and I swear there was smoke coming out of his collar. He just sat there on camera tight lipped, but you could see he deadset furious.

Man, that is hilarious, he was fuming!

It was interesting to hear Matty's take on the situation on the HelloSport podcast.

TL;DR they do a radio show together and Joey spends a fair time of it just staring at his phone and leaves it to Matty and Andrew Webster to carry the load. Matty knows the one way to get Joey's attention is to rap Queensland. However anytime Matty talks up the Maroons, Joey always makes a smart arse comment about how Matty went 0-4 in his Origin career. So Matty decided to come up with a pre-emptive quote about not having to be a baker to know bread tastes good and it completely floored Joey.

The way Matty told it, it didn't seem like that big a deal. It's strange that it's still a thing.

I just did a totally random ladder predictor where every one of the better ranked teams wins moving forward and the Broncos lose every single game.

Turns out in basically worst case scenario, we need 3 more wins to guarantee top 8 and 4 for top 4 (not factoring F/A).

But in this scenario where we don't do this, the team to kick us out? Canberra.

Time to now not sleep well.

I just did a totally random ladder predictor where every one of the better ranked teams wins moving forward and the Broncos lose every single game.

Turns out in basically worst case scenario, we need 3 more wins to guarantee top 8 and 4 for top 4 (not factoring F/A).

But in this scenario where we don't do this, the team to kick us out? Canberra.

Time to now not sleep well.

4 wins for top 4?

Titans - WIN
Dolphins - WIN
Bulldogs - WIN
Rabbits - Maybe LOSS
Roosters - WIN

Not to worry boys, we're there.

I actually enjoy watching Joey eating a shit sandwich more than the maroons winning. Fucking glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Wolfie
  • The True King
  • Johnny92
  • Kev_Guz
  • Old Mate
  • Dazza 92
  • Spooky1013
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • barker
  • Allo
  • Robboi_321
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.