NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually enjoy watching Joey eating a shit sandwich more than the maroons winning. Fucking glorious.
Where is the original argument? Where Matty backs Billy Slater and QLD?

I just did a totally random ladder predictor where every one of the better ranked teams wins moving forward and the Broncos lose every single game.

Turns out in basically worst case scenario, we need 3 more wins to guarantee top 8 and 4 for top 4 (not factoring F/A).

But in this scenario where we don't do this, the team to kick us out? Canberra.

Time to now not sleep well.

How did we lose every game on your ladder predictor when you gave wins to the better ranked teams.

we're in first place ... that means there is no better ranked team than us

NRL website is damn slow to add in the bye. Round is over clowns, suck it up and send the Panthers down.

I check the Fox Sports web site for the ladder.

It's more pleasant reading as they've added the bye at the start of the round

How did we lose every game on your ladder predictor when you gave wins to the better ranked teams.

we're in first place ... that means there is no better ranked team than us

I mean...the answer is in the very sentence you quoted man.

For those wondering how the feud between Matty and Joey started.

I believe there's been a couple of other incidents between the two since.

4 wins for top 4?

Titans - WIN
Dolphins - WIN
Bulldogs - WIN
Rabbits - Maybe LOSS
Roosters - WIN

Not to worry boys, we're there.
I can't wait for the Bulldogs game! Smash them by 100 and have Oloapu crying!

hulk smash GIF

For those wondering how the feud between Matty and Joey started.

I believe there's been a couple of other incidents between the two since.

It all seems like one massive sook from A. Johns over QLD always pulling NSW pants down.

You can tell Matty was serious right untill Joey started a winge, then he went for the kill to get a reaction and Joey ate it up lmao.

Joey might have had the talent but he barely has a percent of Matty's brain.

It feels so dirty to say but I've actually gone a bit softer on Andrew the past year or so. I love his technical analysis, there's no denying he knows the game inside out and sees what many others don't. I actually felt sorry for him after the third origin last year, poor bloke was nearly in tears and hearing James Bracy's take on it too - that the fans were absolutely giving it to him - it's a rough situation for someone like that to be in, to be fair. And the footage of him just broken after...if all the NSW players had that passion, they wouldn't have the reputation of choking that they do. But he's bounced back and is doing it again, I think you've got to admire that resilience.

Having said that, I have very very bad memories of him just demolishing us on the field in the early 2000's. I hated coming up against him because you knew he could just pull something out of his hat.

**** he'd be a riot to get on the piss with though...

It feels so dirty to say but I've actually gone a bit softer on Andrew the past year or so. I love his technical analysis, there's no denying he knows the game inside out and sees what many others don't. I actually felt sorry for him after the third origin last year, poor bloke was nearly in tears and hearing James Bracy's take on it too - that the fans were absolutely giving it to him - it's a rough situation for someone like that to be in, to be fair. And the footage of him just broken after...if all the NSW players had that passion, they wouldn't have the reputation of choking that they do. But he's bounced back and is doing it again, I think you've got to admire that resilience.

Having said that, I have very very bad memories of him just demolishing us on the field in the early 2000's. I hated coming up against him because you knew he could just pull something out of his hat.

**** he'd be a riot to get on the piss with though...

If even half the team had his hatred of losing and passion for NSW, I don't know that we win some of the last couple of series tbh. He's an utter bellend, but like JT he's just a massive competitor. I think he'd be fun on the piss for a few hours but he just screams arrogant wanker after he gets too many under his belt.

I do wonder what the attitude of people like JT, Smith etc would be like if they'd been on the receiving end of what NSW went through after the streak. **** them all...just curious.

Respect to Joey for caring about NSW, can't fault him for that. NSW could really use more players who genuinely hate QLD like he does at this time. Still, one of the best things about Origin is seeing the other team and fans suffer, so it is definitely entertaining.

Respect to Joey for caring about NSW, can't fault him for that. NSW could really use more players who genuinely hate QLD like he does at this time. Still, one of the best things about Origin is seeing the other team and fans suffer, so it is definitely entertaining.

Yep, and then you see Luai, too cool for school, swaggering through the airport with his sunnies on, and we know why NSW's current crop don't have the grit for Origin.

I don't blame Joey for having the shits with Matty.

Right or wrong........you just don't talk up the opposition.

Matt Johns falls right inline with how NSW plays most of the time (with some exceptions). No heart, no intensity.......no hatred.....no passion.

As much as I hate Paul Gallen......he together with Joey would be a good start on how to at least start building NSW up. I'm not suggesting either could coach but........they certainly have the passion to rally the troops.

Might be just the change to lure Hunt there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Jedhead
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Old Mate
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.