NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this war on the players media blackout is getting stupider by the day.

this time Richie has quoted a leading marketing analyst, Barry Urquhart.

basically he is saying that this blackout will cause the next generation of players and supporters to abandon the code for a rival code. he is saying that Union, soccer and more importantly AFL would be salivating over this

This is well worth watching.
Clint Newton is remarkably well spoken and intelligent and he absolutely schools the two numbskulls that are Hooper and Tallis who were very disingenuous with their arguments.

It never ceases to amaze just how scum the media is and people that work for them. They know exactly how bad faith their argument is but it serves their interest so they push it.

my guess is that Hooper, Ritchie and the Raging Fool won't read the comments from the youtube video.

after making the media look stupid Clint seems to have turned even more of the fans away from the NRL/media and towards the RLPA

my guess is that Hooper, Ritchie and the Raging Fool won't read the comments from the youtube video.

after making the media look stupid Clint seems to have turned even more of the fans away from the NRL/media and towards the RLPA
Jesus i hate Hooper.

I was a bit iffy on the way the RLPA handled all this, but the more i hear the more i am coming around to their point of view.

Jesus i hate Hooper.

I was a bit iffy on the way the RLPA handled all this, but the more i hear the more i am coming around to their point of view.
Gotta give the media props for giving Clint a platform, allowing him to make intelligent responses, all while undermining their own position and weakening their power in the media. At least, I hope most NRL fans are seeing this the same way we seem to be here at BHQ. I've seen some pretty poor takes in other NRL forums on other issues (typically regurgitating Gus or Kent).

Gordie's integrity going into the negatives now. The last minute in particular highlights how much of a bootlicking coward he is.

I've seen some pretty poor takes in other NRL forums on other issues (typically regurgitating Gus or Kent).
Just on this point, it astounds me the amount of footy fans out there who are incapable of thinking for themselves.

Their 'opinions' on the hot topics of the game are literally just a re-hash of whatever the panel said on NRL 360, or the most recent opinion article they read. Sometimes a footy related post will pop up in my Facebook feed (**** Facebook btw), and I despair at some of the 'comments'. 90% of people are just fucking idiots with absolutely no idea.

I don't mind if someone has a different opinion to me, or different values, but you need to have some justifiable reason for that. Give me some context and I will understand - I may not agree, but I will try to see your side. But no, most folk just take what is fed to them and run with.

I guess it's just an extension of society these days, where mass media unfortunately dictates how people think and influences their world view.

That screams well-meaning club sponsor having a great idea but not really knowing what he's talking about and understanding the rules.

I can imagine the Dogs straight on the phone to Faulkner and saying funny story mate.
The same well meaning club sponsor that personally visited burtons parents house to give them assurances he would look after him if he were to sign with the dogs… Laundy has been a very hands on club sponsor and to be soo naive about the salary cap rules should really set off alarm bells at the NRL - if they cared to notice.

What was it they used to say about tough players? "They'll put their head in places that other players aren't willing to".

One of those places appears to be up the media's arse.

Vlando bought FOX's backing in the media when he gifted them the last super secret favourable broadcast rights deal.

If you work for Fox you have to speak of Vlando and the other NRL turkeys favourably. Players and clubs are fair game.

Vlando thinks if he controls the media he can run his own agenda, control what information hits the fans and keep pressure off him in the job.

Vlando bought FOX's backing in the media when he gifted them the last super secret favourable broadcast rights deal.

If you work for Fox you have to speak of Vlando and the other NRL turkeys favourably. Players and clubs are fair game.

Vlando thinks if he controls the media he can run his own agenda, control what information hits the fans and keep pressure off him in the job.
That and he’s just not a very good negotiator.

Tallis is such a clown. He's been insufferable about many things lately.

Even RLPA stuff aside, he went from backing Holbrook saying he wasn't at threat of losing his job at all, to a week or 2 later saying finishing 9th wasn't good enough and Des is a great premiership winning get and they needed change.

Belongs as a comedy piece with Fletch and Hindy at best, nothing more.

The same well meaning club sponsor that personally visited burtons parents house to give them assurances he would look after him if he were to sign with the dogs… Laundy has been a very hands on club sponsor and to be soo naive about the salary cap rules should really set off alarm bells at the NRL - if they cared to notice.

I don't really see a link; you can visit anyone you want. Win the mum win the kid- that's always been good recruiting. Bullfrog always took flowers for the mum.

I don't really see a link; you can visit anyone you want. Win the mum win the kid- that's always been good recruiting. Bullfrog always took flowers for the mum.
Club sponsors shouldn’t be meeting with potential recruits independently of the club, that’s not their role & at the dogs the lines have become increasingly blurred, which in a salary cap environment opens the club up to potential problems, intentional or not.

Were these flowers declared?

Screenshot 20230711 161440 Gallery

Edit: Had a name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • Maroon4life
  • Manofoneway
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.